British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Munchie

World U21 Semi 1/7

Still think its farcical having a wild card for a world final. Just have top8 from both meetings and no Italian wobbler getting a ride. If the Italians can't support the meeting then give it to countries that do.

Most sensible posting Chris, totally agree.

Still think its farcical having a wild card for a world final. Just have top8 from both meetings and no Italian wobbler getting a ride. If the Italians can't support the meeting then give it to countries that do.

Spot on.

Yes, Great Britain for instance, preferably King's Lynn :approve:

Nice one Anton! :approve: As for wild cards into the final couldn't agree more. Bites the big one as far as I'm concerned.

Kennett would have gone out anyhow just saved a lot of time really .

Thats complete rubbish that Ed would have gone out, he would have been in the final!

How does it go on about reserves and nominated riders?

Where the hell was Kyle Legault ????

He was officially listed in the programme as No.18 and with the two British boys out, both of the reserves would have got their chance. But as only one of the two reserves (Hougaard) was there, the meeting went ahead with only 15 riders.

Kyle would have had the chance to ride the complete meeting and possibly reach the world final ! But his place in the pits was empty.

Sheffield's Reg Wilson was there, but no Kyle Legault ! Why ???

Where the hell was Kyle Legault ????

He was officially listed in the programme as No.18 and with the two British boys out, both of the reserves would have got their chance. But as only one of the two reserves (Hougaard) was there, the meeting went ahead with only 15 riders.

Kyle would have had the chance to ride the complete meeting and possibly reach the world final ! But his place in the pits was empty.

Sheffield's Reg Wilson was there, but no Kyle Legault ! Why ???

I have no idea, I can only think that he thought he had no chance of racing so did not bother to go.

Think Reg would have gone along with Ben Wilson.

Thats complete rubbish that Ed would have gone out, he would have been in the final!

How does it go on about reserves and nominated riders?

Sorry Searley, but most people would not agree with you that he would have reached the final.

As far as reserves go, thats exactly how Mr Kennett managed to get to the semi, as he was drafted into the 1/4 final when the Russian couldn't get a visa, and did well enough from that meeting to qualify. However he didn't do enough from the UK qualifying round to reach the 1/4 final.

Even though he finished higher than Danny King and quite a few more riders in the final!

How many youngsters have scored as many points or more as Ed has over the past year? in elite and premier?

I think he would have done very well in the final and is a better rider than Ben Wilson or James Wright even as Wrighty hasnt scored too many points in Elite has he? No disrepect to the other boys as they are the future of british but i think Ed would have done a far better job than any of these!

Unlucky Troy, but for falling whilst in front in heat 8 he would have scored 10 and qualified comfortably. Feel for the Brits too, dreadful luck on a big weekend for them  :(

Absolutely correct Bagpuss. I was gutted for him. He was winning his second ride comfortably but picked up big style entering turn one (as Lindback had done the prevous race) and went into the boards by the pits heavily and hurt his back. It was purely down to the track with the dirt piled up and I did request, as Troy's representative (Aussie hat on this time!!) , along with Jan Stachmann and Matts Olsson, more grading. Had Troy won that one he would have been one of five riders as joint leaders on 8 after three rides!

I must credit him with his attitude at the meeting . He was really down but we talked through things before the run off for the reserve spot and he came out really determined even after losing the toss for gate positions but the outside favoured him anyway and he did the business.

I have read criticism of Troy on other threads and amazingly we talked about this and attitude on the trip over and credit where it is due , his was first class and hopefully a lot was learned from the trip that will stand him in good stead for the future. Although he only goes to the final in Terenzano as reserve anything can happen between now and September and I am more than willing to again give up a weekend to travel with him and assist --the offer is there .

There is always a good chance of at least one rider suffered an injury or being unable to attend. Words failed to say why have the FIM put the World Under-21 Final in Italy?? Please put in a major speedway nation, you'll make more money that way.

Please put in a major speedway nation, you'll make more money that way.

But will they.It might be that for certain Championships there just ain't many takers.This sort of meeting isn't likely to attract a great crowd in Poland or Denmark.Maybe Sweden :unsure: .If it was in GB would it attract a big gate?Especially seeing as only one Brit has qualified(if you are saying there shouldn't be a wildcard).Maybe these things are always in Italy,Hungary,etc is because they pay for it.I know there have been similar questions raised on the German forum and that was the answer given,that german promoters don't want the meeting.

It could be that these promoters have the power to demand a wildcard because of the lack of enthusiasm/competition elsewhere. :unsure:

Still no explanation as to where mr legault went to?

From what I was told --and was discussing with Tony Steele as we were on the same flight home --was that by the time his federation were informed of his elevation to 2nd reserve and this was passed on to him this did not leave him sufficient time to make the necessary travel arrangements and get his bikes ready etc. In the end what a pity this was as he would have ended up in the actual meeting after his Sheffield team mate Ben Wilson's unfortunate crash in practice.

On another note here's one for future quiz questions --which defunct CL track who are still racing as and when they get fixtures have been involved in the last two rounds of the Under 21 Championship at Sheffield and at Pocking ?? Need to know the track, the link and the rider involved!! :blink:

Edited by Main Man