British Speedway Forum
crazysue

World Cup Meeting 2 @ Malilla 18/07/06

Millard was shocking knows nothing about the rules are not did johno this is no good to speedway there must be someone better .

As for the meeting sweden  they had a 6 man team with the ref haveing a cracker  :P

On a positive note, the Swedes didn't miss Rickardson did they ?. :D

On a positive note, the Swedes didn't miss Rickardson did they ?.  :D

They didn't when they won their last World Cup without him either.

Millard is a clown. I expended more energy shouting at his mistakes than in supporting the riders. Get rid of him and perm any 2 from Pearson, Johnno, Tatum and Louis. At least they know the rules, know the riders and can tel a red helmet colour from a white one :mad:

it's all part of watching speedway in our house, we crack up every time he makes a mistake, and going on and on about the danes blowing it over the tac sub was priceless.......with all the traffic problems at junction 11 in Reading, think it will be the tv for me again thursday....

Bill, I'm just jealous of your sense of humour - I wish I could find humour in this (and I have to say Johno was worse - at least Millard realised he'd made an error!!!)

VERY annoying in my view it spoiled the meeting for me.

I was a little ticked at Gjedde 's marvelous race against Lindback getting awarded to Lindback.

I would have thought Gjedde took it even from the poor camera angle. No way Lindback won it - possibly a dead heat.

Gjedde hard done by when his first race was rerun as well.

I've never seen that before - is it really in the FIM rules?

yes i thought Gjedde won that race as well, i have sky plus and must have played that frame back six or seven times.......

Denmarks joker was more than negated by the joker in the box!

Heat 2 being re-run meant the Danes lost 2 points and Swedes managed to gain 2. Net gain of 4 point to the Swedes

Heat 13 and 3 extra points for the Danes, net gain, 1 up to the Swedes.

Heat 23 and and extra point for the Swedes and one less for the Danes. Net gain, the Swede +3.

How many did the Swedes win by? Oh yes, 3!! The Danes can fell more than a little annoyed IMO. Anything could have happened in the run-off, they may have bene straigt through.

*Well that meeting didn't have the same meaning to me as Sundays but there was some good, brave racing for sure!

*Was nice to see the americans in the shout again, liked their kevlars, typically american or what!!!

*Janniro kept his composure well when the camera was on him, well done Billy .........

*The captain's job obviously suits AJ as he was totally focussed on the job.

*Adrian Rymel put the cat amongst the pigeons in his races, shame he didn't score a few more points!

*Didn't you just KNOW that poor old Ermolenko was gonna fall off, was it his first or second lap when he found himself on the deck?!!

*Yep, Millard keeps repeating himself and makes loads of booboos, must be a little embarrasing for him IF he watches the coverage over??

*Can't believe that a Swedish track had all those technical difficulties, tapes and flood lights ............. unheard of!!!!!! ;)

* What would Nicki P do if someone sabotaged his air blower thingymy? :P

* WHEN ARE THEY GONNA HAVE A CAMERA IN LINE WITH THE FINISH, for gord's sake, those replays at an angle are hopeless!!

* Is Mr Chris Louis gonna be racing for TeamGB on Thursday, he deserves it!

* Love this competition ...........

Blimey what a let down that was after Sunday night's thriller. Couple of odd decisions by the ref against Denmark, both involving Charlie, but the tapes farce again, very strange :P .

Think GB might find it hard to qualify on Thursday now, however I hope I'm wrong as I've called both these rounds wrong ;)

Danemark didn"t walk it...as many predicted. IMO they will struggle to get into final! B)

Millard is a legend. Quite a good meeting tonight but the atmosphere was non-existent. Did ALL the Swedish fans back Denmark? :)

I layed Poland in the first round and I layed Denmark tonight both of them were poor odds on favourites to me.

Some great racing tonight although the meeting was long and drawn out.

Step forward Lindback. Star of the show with some amazing passing. Last to first in one heat, stalked Gjedde in another before getting him on the line in a photo finish! Wall of death ride in another.

The lad is showing the world who will be at the top in a couple more years.

Looking forward to going up to the allotment on Thursday to cheer on the Brits!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Janniro kept his composure well when the camera was on him, well done Billy .........

Mmmmm.....unlike Charlie Gjedde. Yuk! :shock:

Is there something about Danish riders and bad habits when on camera? :P

I always find Millard to be very entertaining most of the time he gets everything wrong, it makes me laugh :D

Took awhile for this meeting to liven up. I thought the Swedes were very good, Lindback, Lindgren and Jonsson especially. Charlie Gjedde for the Danes stood out from the others in his side. USA were better than expected. Greg is riding a blinder this year.