British Speedway Forum

go scotty

go scotty

go scottie

right section this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought you was watching the Top 50 Goals

confused0083.gif:P

Thought you was watching the Top 50 Goals

confused0083.gif  :P

i wish the top 50 minus the best 3 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Now there must be forums out there where people are asking how Scott Nicholls persuaded Tony Steele for that decision. Not here of course, because we would never stoop so low as to libel a top-line referee. :D

So let's just say that if he's the best ref out there and has replays of every race at his disposal, how come blatantly wrong decisions still occur, even if it is in favour of a Brit? :unsure: We need all the help we can get! :wink:

Now there must be forums out there where people are asking how Scott Nicholls persuaded Tony Steele for that decision.  Not here of course, because we would never stoop so low as to libel a top-line referee.  :D

So let's just say that if he's the best ref out there and has replays of every race at his disposal, how come blatantly wrong decisions still occur, even if it is in favour of a Brit?  :unsure:  We need all the help we can get!  :wink:

Because he is a pratt, and as for scott how he can call riders dirty is beyond me.

All those people calling Hans Anderson dirty in the world cup Scott Nichols included,how didhe get away with that tonight wiping Zagar out on the STRAIGHT what a dirty B**TARD.

At that level there is a very fine line between dirty and hard racing. Thought Mr Steele got both major decisions wrong, I would have excluded Pedersen for taking away Iversen's leg and Scott for wiping out Zagar but there you go, thats speedway :rolleyes:

Well, I appear to be in a minority of one on this, but I reckon the ref made the right decision.

Yeah, Nicholls hit Zagar going down the straight - I suppose you could argue a case for unfair riding there - but he didn't knock him off.

Watch the replays. Zagar does the old 'shut the throttle and bail out' trick that has become common place these days to get a race stopped.

At that level there is a very fine line between dirty and hard racing. Thought Mr Steele got both major decisions wrong, I would have excluded Pedersen for taking away Iversen's leg and Scott for wiping out Zagar but there you go, thats speedway  :rolleyes:

Funny, I thought Tony got both of those decisions right.

Nicki held his line in the race with NKI and Iversen tried to go where Nicki already was. To exclude Nicki for just holding his line would have been very ahrsh in such a situation.

As for the Scotty/Zagar incident...as I said on the other thread, Zagar got a relatively small hit on the straight and bailed out. If he can't hold on to the bike in such a situation he shouldn't be in the GP. Bjarne took much worse in the other semi final and still stayed on his bike!

The one decision I thought Tony got wrong was the race to the line between Nicki and Bjarne...

That was a atough one to call and admit I did think Nicki had it, but only by a tyre-tread. If a dead heat had been called I don't think many people would have argued.

Well, I appear to be in a minority of one on this, but I reckon the ref made the right decision.

As for the Scotty/Zagar incident...as I said on the other thread, Zagar got a relatively small hit on the straight and bailed out.

Make that a minority of two then! That's how I saw it as well.

I thought (as Kelvin Tatum rightly said) that the Pedersen / Iversen one could have gone either way, but for me the Nicholls / Zagar incident was pretty clear cut. Scotty's move had reckless and desperate written all over it after he cocked the previous corner (?) up and without doubt he caused Zagar to fall. But hey you need a bit of luck now and again and I'm pleased to see Scott on the rostrum as I'm sure is his No.1 fan shooting star :P

i'm glad scotty got some much needed points, but i have to say, if that had happened the other way round, with scott coming off, would we all be saying scott shouldnt be in the grand prix because he couldnt hack it? or would we, as people have done in the past (as in at wolves earlier in the season) blame zagar and say he doesnt know how to ride fair, how can someone do that etc etc?

i'm a cradley turned coventry fan but i have to say nicholls has started getting a little bit TOO aggressive now, being involved in a lot of these scenarios, maybe he wants to be the new nicki pedersen?

it was a shame for greg too because after a hard fought two laps the race had settled with andersen and hancock going through, now crump is too far in the lead to be realistically caught.

with all these pent up aggression happening between riders at the moment its only a matter of time before someone does get seriously hurt, and i can see the excuse from the guilty riders now.........."well he started it!!" lol