British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jools

Målilla Gp

I haven't read this thread but just wanted to say..............were the riders who were 'riding' in the slurry tonight really the same ones who complained about the state of the track for the ELRC and the GB v Sweden test match? :unsure:

Hypocrits! :mad:

Very good point and one noted tonight in the Rabbit hutch with much disgust.

Amazing what the lure of the GPs will do. Or is it a Race Director with a fist of iron?

Got to say I was impressed with the ref tonight.

With the track as slimy as it was, I was expecting a few incidents and the likelihood of a Polish referee getting the decisions wrong.

But the guy did well - only one slightly debatable decision.

Heat 9 - Richardson comes down on his own - easy decision - ref gets it right. Didn't bottle it and put all 4 back.

Heat 11 - Sullivan comes down on his own - easy decision - ref gets it right.

Heat 13 - Linback goes down as Crump takes him on the inside - looks a tricky one - but ref gets it right - Lindback caught napping (the guy's probably tired) and leaves a gap you could drive a bus through. Crump goes through, Tired Tim wakes up, tries to turn back, sees Crump there, tries to avoid him and goes down.

Semi final - Nicholls clean pass of Nicki P. Hairdryer boy puts it down - Ref gets it right again despite Pedersen giving a Jackanory story about how he was in front at the time!

Semi final - The tough decision he may have got wrong. Nicholls going faster was always going to catch Andersen. Andersen is naughty of fthe 4th bend and down the straight turning left into Nicholls. Nicholls is naughty back giving him a shove. Into the bend and Nicholls is favourite to get it, but Andersen still leaning in and Nicholls still fighting back. 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Could have given the decision either way.

Final - Jonsson takes Crump too wide - classic first bend all 4 back - ref gets it right.

Extremely pleased that AJ finally won a GP (especially as I backed him) and particularly that he beat Hans in the final.

Thought the ref got the Crump/Lindback decision right. Usual Anti-Crump hysteria from Mr Shovlar, but it looked a good pass to me, a more experienced rider would have been aware of Crump's dive and cut back under him. When I listened to Sam and Kelvin they must have been speaking a different language because they were giving Crumpy the benefit of the doubt.

Nicholls/Pedersen was a no brainer well spotted by Floppy on the commentary as a dive.

Ref got Nicholls/Andersen wrong in my opinion, definitely a 50/50 call so the rider who goes down should be deemed the primary cause of the stoppage.

Good to see Crumpy get off the track quick in the final 2nd time round.

Interesting to see these riders giving it their all... are these really the same guys who didn't want to ride at Swindon and Poole in much better conditions at easter time?

Lost count of Millard's mistakes about Heat 6, surely it is time for this clown to go?

I haven't read this thread but just wanted to say..............were the riders who were 'riding' in the slurry tonight really the same ones who complained about the state of the track for the ELRC and the GB v Sweden test match?  :unsure:

Hypocrits!  :mad:

Ah, but in the GP, they are allowed a new tyre every race I believe. The extra grip makes all the difference ;)

Ah, but in the GP, they are allowed a new tyre every race I believe.  The extra grip makes all the difference  ;)

Yeah that'll be it then! :rolleyes::P

I haven't read this thread but just wanted to say..............were the riders who were 'riding' in the slurry tonight really the same ones who complained about the state of the track for the ELRC and the GB v Sweden test match?  :unsure:

Hypocrits!  :mad:

Totally true. Track conditions at the GP and at Poole didn't even compare.

Terry Russell spoke to me about this very topic a couple of weeks ago. He said that the farce caused real problems for the BSPA, with Sky very angry and he received a letter from them saying this was totally unacceptable.

He said he he had been there the ELRC would have gone ahead. There is now a new system in place so that riders cannot dictate whether they are going to bother to ride or not. A second referee (adjudicator) will be present and the power to decide will not be with the riders.

Time for another "open letter" young fellow?

I don't know, maybe the Clerk of the Course" at Malilla didn't say the meeting would have to be abandoned? I seem to recall the "Clerk of the Course" at Poole saying something along those lines to the referee.

Sube you should know that basing an argument on a snippet of an ongoing debate / argument is slightly unfair. There was more going on during that meeting then ever made it to TV.

Well done aj, some fantastic riding from the new swedish number 1. Hopefully next year you can ride like this in all gps and take the challenge to crump. :D

Crump should have been ex, and so should andersen but hey these things happen.

How is it that when the Danes are "dishing it out" they take the attitude "we want to win, anything we do is justified, we ride hard, we are profesional.......don't be a wimp....this isn't the Conference Leage" !! Yet when someone else rides hard, (very often fairly) they don't like it!!......foul they cry, dirty riding, uncalled for, exclude them, before going on to whing to the ref or the TV......spit the dummy, lets throw a tantrum and con the public. Grow up, be the sportsman you're supposed to be, you're getting away wth far too much, and setting a bad example to the young riders coming into speedway. By all means give it everything, try your hardest.......but above all respect your fellow riders!

My views on last night, was the riders did well to get this meeting finished.

(1) Jason Crump's move on Antonio Lindbach; although no contact I did feel that Jason left him with nowhere to go, Jason very lucky to get away without exclusion,could have gone anyway, but I would have excluded Jason.

(2) Scott Nicholls move on Nicki Pedersen; sorry Nicki no contact, and threw himself of the bike right decision.

(3) Scott Nicholls move on Hans Anderssen; Hans leaning all over Scott on the bend, and then threw himself of the bike, to me Hans should have been excluded not Scott.

The amateur dramatic's from Hans, are not funny, and I seem to remember him doing something similar in one of the Grand Prix's last year, I cannot say that he was one of my favourite riders before last night, but I don't like him much even more.

Nicki is still as entertaining as ever, and really enjoy his racing and his interviews even when he is wrong.

Scott proved last night that he has it in him to mix it with the best, and should finish in the top 8.

Jason, is within touching distance of the title, and should be crown World Champ by the end of the neXt Grand Prix.

And finally Well Done to AJ, this is a win that has been long overdue, and maybe he is the one to take over as Tony Rickardsson's Swedish number 1 slot.

Nicki is still as entertaining as ever, and really enjoy his racing and his interviews even when he is wrong.

Nicki makes me chuckle - he was interviewed and doing his hard done by statement after being excluded, then he finishes with a big grin. I never know whether he's just saying it because he thinks he should make some sort of statement, or whether he actually believes what he's saying. Just can't dislike that bloke... :approve:

Nicki makes me chuckle - he was interviewed and doing his hard done by statement after being excluded, then he finishes with a big grin. I never know whether he's just saying it because he thinks he should make some sort of statement, or whether he actually believes what he's saying. Just can't dislike that bloke... :approve:

Yes the funniest thing I have heard him say was when Tony Steele was going to exclude him that Nicki was no longer going to be his friend.

Looks very much as if Andreas Jonsson has been taken to hospital following a clash with Jaroslaw Hampel in Poland today - here's hoping the fellow is okay.