British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Farewell Meeting For Moggo?

Now Moggo has unfortunately left Stoke I hope someone still puts on a farewell meeting for the old boy as he thoroughly deserves it. I reckon it would be good at Arena as we will definitely have the space in our fixtures for it and he would get a good crowd at Purfleet as well. So come on Ronnie put on the meeting for Moggo have his old mate Frank Ebdon as ref and Bryn as announcer for the night!!!

Testimonials were designed as a "thank you " for loyalty and service

they were NOt meant for over priced,uncaring,self centred individuals already wealthy who do not really need the money and are just milking the gulible public.

Sadly the former are largely ignored whilst teh latter are lauded by those with few brains.

he had his testimonial

I would deffo travel to that one!!  Least he deserves after his career in speedway!

Yep me too :approve:

they were NOt meant for over priced,uncaring,self centred individuals already wealthy  who do not really need the money and are just milking the gulible public.

Sadly the former are largely ignored whilst teh latter are lauded by those with few brains.

Now Moggo has unfortunately left Stoke I hope someone still puts on a farewell meeting for the old boy as he thoroughly deserves it.  I reckon it would be good at Arena as we will definitely have the space in our fixtures for it and he would get a good crowd at Purfleet as well.  So come on Ronnie put on the meeting for Moggo have his old mate Frank Ebdon as ref and Bryn as announcer for the night!!!

spiegal can you read your posting again and then that of Vincent Vega have highlighted where you got your knickers in a twist, in case it still fails to grab you ...... VV asked for a FAREWELL meeting not a TESTIMONIAL. Moggo has been around speedway since the year dot and if anyone deserves a farewell then he does, they'll be plenty of people willing to put a bit of money into his pocket for all the entertainment he has provided over the years he may never have been World Champion but in all honesty it's not always about that, some people just go out and enjoy the sport which tends to be lost the higher up the ladder you go, it's up to you if you want to attend going by your posting I take it you wont be there and in all honesty with an attitude like you have towards this meeting........... you wont be missed!

Arena would be ideal for a meeting, loads of car park space there (close enough for me to get to as well, not selfish though me am I :lol: )

they were NOt meant for over priced,uncaring,self centred individuals already wealthy  who do not really need the money and are just milking the gulible public.

Those words just don't apply to Moggo! :unsure:

I first worked with him at Hackney in 1988 and can honestly say he has always been a great ambassador for the sport. He mixes with the fans, always has time for the kids who approach him and is a delight to interview.

As the only people who make serious money out of speedway are those who reach the very highest level (or promote at that level! :P ) being wealthy and not needing the money would seem to apply to some others - not Moggo!

I would be delighted to be involved with any farewell meeting if asked so good luck to all those who may put a meeting together.

I first worked with him at Hackney in 1988 and can honestly say he has always been a great ambassador for the sport. He mixes with the fans, always has time for the kids who approach him and is a delight to interview.

As the only people who make serious money out of speedway are those who reach the very highest level (or promote at that level! :P ) being wealthy and not needing the money would seem to apply to some others - not Moggo!

I would be delighted to be involved with any farewell meeting if asked so good luck to all those who may put a meeting together.

having been in the same grasstrack club as alan back in the 70s,he is a relly nice bloke and has a lovley family,i wish him all the best in what ever he does,if he carrys on racing then good luck to him.like they say once its in your blood is hard to get it out of you,

all the best alan

from keith yorke

i certainly think Moggo deserves something back from the sport he has put so much into over the years ...

he's a top bloke, simple as :approve:

i certainly think Moggo deserves something back from the sport he has put so much into over the years ...

he's a top bloke, simple as  :approve:

Without question he's been a great servant to the sport, and I can think of no one more deserving of a Farewell Meeting than Moggo, for someone to suggest otherwise is rediculous. :angry:

In all honesty i didn't think he was refering to Moggo.Like you,i just can't see how he could be.Maybe you and shazzy have the wrong end of the stick and the guy is actually meaning this is one meeting that is deserved,rather than some of the more high profile riders getting a testimonial.But i can't speak for him.Just my take on what he posted.

Can someone elaborate on what happened with Moggo and Stoke.Tried searching but all the links for Stoke forums seem dead and the Stoke BBC site says Moggo was unavailable for comment. :unsure:

Great servant to speedway and if anyone deserves such a meeting Moggo does :D

Iris

In this weeks Star Moggo said that the promoter Tattum said nowt to him at Sheffield on thurs night then he read on this very forum that he was being dropped and then got the call friday afternoon. He wished Stoke all the best and said if another club came in for him he would ride for them but was a bit miffed at the way the whole thing was handled.

Shazz

You sticking up for ME!!! You feeling alright!!!!

Thanks

VV

Thanks Vincent.

Not a very nice way to be treated :angry:

Shazz

You sticking up for ME!!!  You feeling alright!!!!

Thanks

VV

Must of been a weak moment :P in all honesty though was sticking up for Moggo and the fact someone was saying about a testimonial meeting rather than a farewell, I knew Alan back in the days of when he rode for Canterbury, what a character even back then christ knows what he'd be like now after all these years, somehow though think he's probably still clowning around bit like Peter Pan is our Moggo :approve: