British Speedway Forum

Just got home and of course once the decision had been made to postpone the meeting the rain died down. However when we left at about 1.30 it was raining again. I know that Tim is gutted to have to postpone the meeting but felt it was better to do so even at that late stage rather than risking taking everybodys money and issuing rain off tickets. He apologises to everybody who had travelled but hopes they understand that he had the best of intentions when he decided the meeting would be going ahead last night and earlier this morning.

Hopefully things will be better next week for the restaging and if anybody is unhappy with the distance they travelled to no purpose spare a thought for Nicki Glanz who made a trip of 1000 miles just to have a 10 minute chat with everybody at the track.

The track guys had done a superb job and even when it was raining heavily the track would have been rideable but unfortunately it wouldn't have been so good for the spectators.

for Michal Rajk it was merely a 2000km drive to find out that the damn rain spoils everything - he is on his way back to PL.

Of course we understand - just amazing that anyone is prepared to try and get a meeting on at this time of year and of course to the riders who are willing to give it a go in far from ideal circumstances.

Poor Nicki - glad we didn't travel that far - fingers crossed that the weather is kinder to us next week. :)

Edited to say.... and Michal

Edited by Iffoid

Thanks to tanya and other kind souls who saved us half a journey with calls/texts etc,much appreciated..

I heard by text it was called off half a mile onto the toll bridge :sad: Still I bought a Wales magnet at the service station :unsure:

Edited by Joanne

for Michal Rajk it was merely a 2000km drive to find out that the damn rain spoils everything - he is on his way back to PL.

Is he back next week Slav ?

Is he back next week Slav ?

I believe he is - although eating in Newports McDonalds may have been enough to change his mind :)

I believe he is - although eating in Newports McDonalds may have been enough to change his mind  :)

eh we did want to meet some fans even at McDonalds:) fortunately it was only for coffee

he wants to come although as you know driving another 4000km will be a gamble with this weather.

it was bad luck today with the rain stopping after the meeting was called off.

Good decision by Timothy.Many would have stayed away due to the weather and it would have cost him.I decided to give it a miss at about 9.00 and I just live a mile away.If the weather is better next week,I`ll happily part with my £14 as I`m sure many others will who would have given it a miss today.

Some of us drove up to day from weymouth only to get to newport stadium and find a empty (locked) carpark no vans and no-one from newport speedway and strangley enough no riders vans packing up to go home, i can understand why it was called off but why not have done it yesterday the weather forecast was the same, and when i left here this morning after checking on this thread that said the meeting was definitely on. would imagine the coach full of plymouth supporters might not of been chuffed either, i don't want to see any riders put themselves at risk but someone on the gate to say it was off would have been a nice gesture, not sure if we'll be up next sunday it's a long way to go to have to turn round and come back again.

And like i said i do understand why just wish the decision was made earlier x

Just home after a long drive, I feel sorry for Tim and everyone involved, Tim looked absolutely gutted and top marks for making the decision.Hope this is on next week, the track looked very good and the forecast is better but with this wierd weather anything is possible.

Michal is booked for next week and is looking forward to it.

Some of us drove up to day from weymouth only to get to newport stadium and find a empty (locked) carpark no vans and no-one from newport speedway and strangley enough no riders vans packing up to go home, i can understand why it was called off but why not have done it yesterday the weather forecast was the same, and when i left here this morning after checking on this thread that said the meeting was definitely on. would imagine the coach full of plymouth supporters might not of been chuffed either, i don't want to see any riders put themselves at risk but someone on the gate to say it was off would have been a nice gesture, not sure if we'll be up next sunday it's a long way to go to have to turn round and come back again.

And like i said i do understand why just wish the decision was made earlier x

Yes, but as you know Promoters never get it right. If Tim had called it off yesterday just in case, people, possibly yourself, would then have moaned that they should have done their utmost to get it on so as not to wreck the weekend that fans had planned for.

BTW the forecast was not the same as yesterday as the rain stopped after the calloff.

Never the mind, might see you at the rerun. :D

:blink::blink:

Yes, but as you know Promoters never get it right. If Tim had called it off yesterday just in case, people, possibly yourself, would then have moaned that they should have done their utmost to get it on so as not to wreck the weekend that fans had planned for.

BTW the forecast was not the same as yesterday as the rain stopped after the calloff.

Never the mind, might see you at the rerun. :D

:blink:  :blink:

Didn`t stop for long .Been chucking it down in Newport all afternoon.

Didn`t stop for long .Been chucking it down in Newport all afternoon.

Never rains but it pours eh. Just hope it is fair to get the rerun in. I can imagine how everyone is built up for their January 'fix'. :D

:blink::blink:

Never rains but it pours eh. Just hope it is fair to get the rerun in. I can imagine how everyone is built up for their January 'fix'. :D

:blink:  :blink:

They will get their fix next week a lot of work has gone in to this meeting hope it is dry next week and we will have a classic meeting :D