British Speedway Forum

Tai has made it perfectly clear that he wants to be considered an Aussie.  He's taking someone else's place.

Tai has qualified through his own right, having rode at Scunthorpe and Eastbourne, hes more than proved he is going to support British speedway in the years to come. Also the only way he could quailify for the world under 21 final was entering through these 3 meetings. Its not like its his fault he has dual nationality is it? think of how he feels about turning his back on Oz.

Id of had Roynon in instead of one of the older ones seeing as though he was injured but im sure his time will come.

Besides the point. I've got nothing against the guy, but either he wants to be a Brit (and therefore ride in British finals at whatever level) or he doesn't. He can't have it both ways, and he's says he's an Aussie. Are we going to invite other foreign riders into our meetings so that they can get to the world U21's?

Here is another situation that is very similar.Is he entering as a Dane(because we don't seem to enter this) or as a Brit? :unsure:

I don't know anything about him so can't make any comment really.

I was at the U18's last season, at Monmore, when Tai made it very clear that he's an Aussie through-and-through. I've got no problem with him or his choice, only that he can ride in 'our' finals when we have young Brits not getting a ride.

That Tai Aussie kid should NOT be allowed to ride. Its a British final, not an Aussie title. he is stealing a young Brits place.

Kick him out and replace him with a Brit.

That Tai Aussie kid should NOT be allowed to ride. Its a British final, not an Aussie title. he is stealing a young Brits place.

I wish you would stop sitting on the fence and say what you think Steve. :D

If he wants to be classed as an Aussie then I totally agree with you. Should replace him with a young Brit who could benefit from races with the big named riders.

Edited by marron

Tai is riding because he's been invited to ride !

Following his performance in the British U-21 Final, which he was also invited to compete in !

Take your problem up with the authorities, not with the rider.

not much they could do due to the dual nationality, tai is rigging the system for his own benefit so if that's the case he should be on a 5pt PL ave.

He would of course fight that but we all can see what he is doing then.....

Edited by Dekker

I think it is pretty disgraceful myself and he should be thrown out of the comp immediately so a young Brit can take his place. pretty sure there are more than a few out there who were born in this country and don't want to be an Aussie, who would relish the challenge.

If this Tai has said he wants to be an Aussie, as far as I am concerned he should relinquish his place to a deserving rider.

Certainly doesn't deserve any support in the final from fans on the terraces.

I think it is pretty disgraceful myself and he should be thrown out of the comp immediately so a young Brit can take his place. pretty sure there are more than a few out there who were born in this country and don't want to be an Aussie, who would relish the challenge.

If this Tai has said he wants to be an Aussie, as far as I am concerned he should relinquish his place to a deserving rider.

Certainly doesn't deserve any support in the final from fans on the terraces.

:unsure: He hasnt said anything about his nationality as far as im aware. He will be representing GB in the world under 21 final if he makes it through the Semi.

Edited by superguest

Agree.

Why don't we invite Crumpy as well....well he was born in Bristol. :blink:

How come there wasnt the same level of complaints when Nicholls and Stead took the place of 2 "young" Aussies in their national championship.