British Speedway Forum

Strangely enough, another reason I am pleased I am not going to Cardiff now!

:o Because I'll be cheering on Bomber :cry: You know me better than that I cheer almost all of the Brits at Cardiff.

Sorry Iris yes there is one exception for me but then I have good reason! When Edward was a reserve against the big boys in a race I cheered him round all the way rather than picking an outright winner like quite a few do.

John Davis in the corner of the shot having a right old perv at her. In yer dreams JD, in yer dreams!  :lol:

Oh bless him he don't change does he :rolleyes:

6 GP 2008 Qualifer Places so if Bomber and Nicholls dont want the places (which I seriously hope they do)

it goes to Howe, Kennett, Allen, King (the lad what didnt get into the U-21's), Stead and Bridger.

I wouldn't be so sure! Last season they ignored the rules and picked who they liked!

Well done to Bomber last night, a deserved winner. Many congratulations to David Howe for getting the wild card at Cardiff,also to Eddie and Danny for the reserve spots.

Iwas so pleased for David and Danny especially as both have had hard criticism in the past and both stepped up to the plate last night. I agree that Eddie's turn will come. Well done to all last night.

From Cornwall Grass Track via St Austell Gulls humble beginings to British Speedway Champion you have done us JANNERS proud. :D:D:D

I think Howe on average and BF result deserves his WC entry....but only just.  :wink:

Deep in the Dorset woods, the ear detects the faintest hint of a ragged gasp and the eye a barely discernible movement under a gibbous moon. A tattered figure, clothed in stained and ripped raiment, draws a series of shallow and rasping breaths and peers anxiously through the dense foliage as the villagers of Great Shovlar on the Wold, flaming torches in one hand and pickforks in the other, howl at the moon and resume their ceaseless quest. Bazaar wishes he had never heard of the British Speedway Forum.

I wouldn't be so sure!  Last season they ignored the rules and picked who they liked!

If I remember correctly, they only ignored Andy Smith who at over 40 wasn't really going to learn a lot doing Qualifying meetings in deepest Hungary, Latvia or Russia.

whist queing up to get in last night the que was back into the car park where the riders vans were,i stood there having to look at tai woffindens van due to the way we were facing and i wasn't perticulaly happy at having to look at an aussie flag on the side of his van whilst queing to get into the british final,some tact needed mate-if your gonna ride as a brit chance the flag or if your gonna ride as an aussie don't do these meetings

Well done Bomber

I was impressed with David Howe and Eddie Kennett

Scotty is really going to hurt every time he hears British Champion Chris Harris every time he rides for Coventry  :lol:

Well he'll just have to get over it , or move on , as he did at Ipswich when he was unable to cope with playing second fiddle to Hans :D:o

whist queing up to get in last night the que was back into the car park where the riders vans were,i stood there having to look at tai woffindens van due to the way we were facing and i wasn't perticulaly happy at having to look at an aussie flag on the side of his van whilst queing to get into the british final,some tact needed mate-if your gonna ride as a brit chance the flag or if your gonna ride as an aussie don't do these meetings

he did have a Union Jack on his kevlars last night!

it was in the corner of the Aussie flag on his arm

he did have a Union Jack on his kevlars last night!

it was in the corner of the Aussie flag on his arm

couldn't see that from where i was standing tbh but was it part of the aussie flag or just our union jack flag?

Just remember if it wasn't for Aussies you wouldn't even have

Not sure what that means

I think he means Speedway was started in Australia

Todays Echo

Ed undecided over qualifiers

By Phil Chard

EDWARD Kennett has admitted he is "not sure" whether he will line up in the 2008 Grand Prix qualifying rounds after finishing fourth in the British Final last night.

The Pirates star agonisingly lost out on a British GP wild card to David Howe, who finished second at Wolves.

Chris Harris lifted his first British title while Scott Nicholls finished third.

Kennett said: "I'm gutted I missed out on the wild card but there is nothing I can do about it now.

"I will just have to go to Cardiff as first reserve, enjoy the experience and see how it goes."

Kennett, who booked one of the five GP qualifying round slots on offer last night, added: "I'm not thinking about the 2008 GP at the moment.

"I just want to concentrate on the World Individual Under-21 Championship because it is my last year at that level and the Junior World Team Cup.

"I'm not sure whether I will do the GP qualifying rounds. I just don't want to think about it. I'm just enjoying what I'm doing at the moment, not having to worry about the GP."

Kennett, who lines up in the World Under-21 semi-final at Vojens, Denmark, later this month, looked as though he was in a position to charge outside Howe on the back straight into second place in last night's final at Wolves.

But Nicholls ended the Poole Castle Cover rider's hopes when he drove sharply up the inside and diverted Kennett's path.

Looking back on that race, Kennett said: "The dirt was moving so wide by that time I knew I had to go wide off gate three.

"Going into the bend, I knew I had probably gone too wide already and I was stuck in that position because Scottie was up inside so I had to go out even further.

"I was so wide there was nothing I could do after that."

Kennett, who got 11 points from his opening four outings, had also needed to beat a rejuvenated Howe in heat 17 to go directly into the final.

"I had gate one and made a good start but I went too wide and David came under me on the second bend," said Kennett.

"I had gate one in the semi and didn't make the same mistake. I made a good start and kept Scottie behind me that time."

Far from being despondent, Kennett added: "It is all good experience racing in meetings like this.

"Martin Dugard and John Davis were in the pits alongside me and Chris Geer who is my spanner man. It was fantastic having them here. We all worked hard and well together. It is good to have them helping me."

Former British, world champion and ex-Pirate Mark Loram, who was at Wolves last night, said: "Ed can hold his head high.

"It was just the home track advantage that David Howe had. But Ed rode brilliantly tonight."

Kelvin Tatum, the former Poole rider and longtrack world champion, added: "Ed will certainly be in Great Britain team manager Neil Middleditch's plans for the senior World Cup in July.

"I think he is an automatic pick for the World Team Cup.

"He has been beating some world class riders for Poole in the Elite League this season."

Hoping that Kennett saying he might not do the GP qualifiers is just the disappointment of last night talking. If he is going to fulfil his potential on the world stge then he needs to get the experience of these types of meetings.