British Speedway Forum
longlivefrankie

Rider Database

I sort of mentioned this in the charlie monk thread, so i thought i kick off a new one, is there a database anywhere of every rider whos ever rode in the UK and which club etc. if not can we get one off the ground. lots of work i'm guessing. perhpas it could tie in with the speedway musuem in some way. pics, info :D

http://www.speedwayresearcher.org.uk/main.html

try this one out, has quite a lot of info on it thro the years

just re-checked, my team has alot of info about riders thro the years, not so all the other teams. Looks like the site hasn't been updated for the last 12 months, which is a great pity as the owner as put a fair amount of work into it.

Edited by sedgleywolf

Isn't there one on the Hull web-site.Just needs more people to put things on there.Or Frigbo is undertaking the same sort of thing year by year.Not sure where he is up to yet though.Nor if he started in 1965 or at the very beginning.Plus the Polish guy(who is often asking questions about riders here) seemed to be doing a comprehensive data base of all riders as well

Guest Schumi

...and KevH probably has a fair idea. ;) But I think that's from '65. :unsure:

...and KevH probably has a fair idea. ;)

Thats your opinion :P

Didn't mention Kev because i wasn't sure his database was going to be on the net.Thought that was more his personal thing :unsure:

The Speedway Researcher Website is updated regularly as and when info comes in from the members of the group. Some tracks have an A - Z of the riders but some have not as these have not been completed as yet.

...and KevH probably has a fair idea. ;)

;)

Thats your opinion :P

:shock:

I actually believe our friend Frigbo has this all in hand, and when he goes live, it should be the ultimate reference.

Bruce Penhall never rode for Hull in 1976 if that's any help.

Folks see my note on British Final 1965/ Charlie Monk thread-I reckon it might be able to be done for 1946-90

right i think i'm gonna do some project work on this - getting an online database of all riders who have ever ridden speedway in the UK

name

dob

nationality

clubs & years ridden

and possibly

honours

a picture

that should take a evening :blink: lol

im guessing i'll have to get permission from sources i borrow info from that people mentioned elsewhere

;)

:shock:

I actually believe our friend Frigbo has this all in hand, and when he goes live, it should be the ultimate reference.

I'm up to June 2004 from 1965, League Matches only.

I've spoken(well e-mail) to Adam J, he can do the Web side of things (it was getting cumbersome with my pigeon HTML).

Hope to be finished my bit by mid May.

right i think i'm gonna do some project work on this - getting an online database of all riders who have ever ridden speedway in the UK

name

dob

nationality

clubs & years ridden

and possibly

honours

a picture

that should take a evening :blink:  lol

im guessing i'll have to get permission from sources i borrow info from that people mentioned elsewhere

That's exactly what i'm collating from '65 onwards

Folks, good luck on this project-if you find it difficult to get some pieces of data-please post here I'm sure myself and others could help. One respectful suggestion would be to add date of death as well as date of birth for those no longer with us-what do you reckon??

Folks, good luck on this project-if you find it difficult to get some pieces of data-please post here I'm sure myself and others could help. One respectful suggestion would be to add date of death as well as date of birth for those no longer with us-what do you reckon??

Am doing so wherever possible

Thanx frigbo-let me know if I can help