British Speedway Forum

Actually last time ELRC was at Sheffield, was terrible racing until the final.

And didn't Mark Loram have a bad crash that night, going into the start gate or was that something else.

And didn't Mark Loram have a bad crash that night, going into the start gate or was that something else.

No that was the World Team CUP.

let's get one thing straight.Let’s get one thing straight.

He must have made some sort of promise to be allowed to host the fixture IF the air fence is the reason.

that is EXACTLY the point..he was NEVER asked to supply an air fence and signed the agreement to host the event with the words AIR and FENCE not mentioned at all! the last time sheffield hosted the event there there was no air fence so why should mr machin suddenly think he's got to provide one when it hasn't been mentioned anywhere?

that is EXACTLY the point..he was NEVER asked to supply an air fence and signed the agreement to host the event with the words AIR and FENCE not mentioned at all! the last time sheffield hosted the event there there was no air fence so why should mr machin suddenly think he's got to provide one when it hasn't been mentioned anywhere?

The regulations state that air fences are a must for all Elite League meetings and Mr Machin can't be that stupid of a man to not realise that he needed an air fence, come on, for christ sake.

:blink::blink::blink:

Exactly!   Jonathan Chapman, organiser of the Super7even series and co=promoter of Kings Lynn.

ELRC moved to .......Kings Lynn!

Nothing in the north of England then!!   :angry:

Easier for me to get to  Sheffield than the outlandish Kings Lynn from Bournemouth.  Shan't be going to this then.

According to AA routemaps Sheffield is 237 miles from Poole and takes 4hrs 6mins, while Kings Lynn is 208 miles and 4 hours 3mins! A more peaceful, scenic journey to Lynn too.

A long journey to both venues granted, but maybe not as bad as you thought? :)

Edited by London Witch

According to AA routemaps Sheffield is 237 miles from Poole and takes 4hrs 6mins, while Kings Lynn is 208 miles and 4 hours 3mins! A more peaceful, scenic journey to Lynn too.

and what can one do in 3 minutes ?.......... :D

Nothing in the north of England then!!  :angry:

Easier for me to get to  Sheffield than the outlandish Kings Lynn from Bournemouth.  Shan't be going to this then.

Your loss, no-one elses. :rolleyes:

i must admit im one of the dispointed fans who will now not be attending the meeting!!

how is it fair kings lynn gets 2 out of the 7 meetings!!

sheffield being pretty central it would have fetched in a hell of a lot more fans than kings lynn which is at least 3 hours from in sheffield cant see many scottish fans travelling down!!!

an absolute disgrace!!

also seans testimonial- no airfence- did the riders complain?????

world cup a few years ago!!

obviously i might be being biased as i live in sheffield but from my point of view its an utter waste of good facilities AND "the fastest track in british speedway"

Nothing in the north of England then!!  :angry:

so what would you say to Ipswich, Kings Lynn, Peterborough, Mildenhall fans that might say they won't be going to Poole as you can't get much farther south?

or supporters from Edinburgh, Belle Vue, Glasgow, Berwick etc that really fancied going to see the ELRC last year.

basically, you're not going to please everyone ... people in the north will moan if it's in the south, people in the south will moan if it's in the north.

the best thing to do is have it in the midlands and on a neutral track.

so who would that be? Birmingham? anyone else?

i believe Birmingham were earmarked for one of the Super7 events this year, no idea why it changed ... was it because of some rule that says a new track can't host one of the showpiece meetings in their first year? i don't know for sure, but i remember seeing their name down originally. if that's the case, then it couldn't have been there.

which leaves ... erm ... where?

i was going to Sheffield anyway for the meeting .. ok, it's not so far for me to go now, but i would have been there anyway.

if it was at Poole, i wouldn't have gone ... far too outlandish getting there from near Kings Lynn :rolleyes:

i must admit im one of the dispointed fans who will now not be attending the meeting!!

how is it fair kings lynn gets 2 out of the 7 meetings!!

sheffield being pretty central it would have fetched in a hell of a lot more fans than kings lynn which is at least 3 hours from in sheffield cant see many scottish fans travelling down!!!

an absolute disgrace!!

also seans testimonial- no airfence- did the riders complain?????

world cup a few years ago!!

obviously i might be being biased as i live in sheffield but from my point of view its an utter waste of good facilities AND "the fastest track in british speedway"

it isn't fair that KL get 2 of the meetings, but who else could run it on a Thursday at short notice after Sheffield decided they can't have an airfence.

would many Scottish fans travel down if it was at Poole or Swindon?

the core of the EL is southern based ... it's unfortunate but that's how it is, and that's where the fans are going to come from in general.

yes, it's a shame we don't have Bradford and Halifax etc in the EL, but that's speedway in the 21st century.

no airfence at individual events is not anything to do with the Elite League.

the Elite League Riders Championship is, that's why they need an airfence, it's an EL meeting.

the best thing to do is have it in the midlands and on a neutral track.

so who would that be? Birmingham? anyone else?

i believe Birmingham were earmarked for one of the Super7 events this year, no idea why it changed ... was it because of some rule that says a new track can't host one of the showpiece meetings in their first year?  i don't know for sure, but i remember seeing their name down originally.  if that's the case, then it couldn't have been there.

which leaves ... erm ... where?

I agree Birmingham would of been ideal but I guess with their on going noise issues and I imagine operating under fairly strict planning restrictions it wouldn't of been that easy logistically.

And that's before any issues with getting the stadium from (I guess) the GRA are taken into account.

Edited by ajh