British Speedway Forum

I'd agree with that!

What's the deal with the airfence then, IF this is the reason for Sheffield not staging it?

Cant believe a airfence is causing this meeting to be moved . I'm quite sure a temperary one could have been acquired if need be .

We're all just guessing , so unless the Chapmans , Machin or the BSPA make a statement we will never know .

And it will be bitching and fighting on the forum for a change . :shock::rolleyes:

If whatever reason Sheffield cant hold the ELRC, then what better track to take to than Kings Lynn. Its regarded by all the top boys as one of the fairest and most raceable there is, so what the big problem ?

Also these events are BSPA so all the profits go there and are then re-distriburted out to all the clubs.

So find something worth moaning about guys, and lets hope it s a big success for all our clubs.

Lets try the fact that youve already had a big event.i hardly think the track warrants 2 meetings,whats the matter with any of the other race tracks up and down the country!

If whatever reason  Sheffield cant  hold the ELRC, then what  better track to take to than Kings Lynn. Its regarded by all the top boys as  one of the fairest and most raceable there is,  so what the big problem ?

Also  these events are BSPA so all the profits go there and are then re-distriburted out to all the clubs.

So find something worth moaning about guys, and lets  hope it s a big success for all our clubs.

This would have been a fair and sensible post .

If it hadn't have come from a King's Lynn supporter :lol:

If whatever reason  Sheffield cant  hold the ELRC, then what  better track to take to than Kings Lynn. Its regarded by all the top boys as  one of the fairest and most raceable there is,  so what the big problem ?

Also  these events are BSPA so all the profits go there and are then re-distriburted out to all the clubs.

So find something worth moaning about guys, and lets  hope it s a big success for all our clubs.

To be fair i like kings lynn track, and it was excellent in the elite a few years ago, but it would be nice to hear why its moved, suppose peoples already booked a day off to go to sheffield?, ok they can go to kings lynn but some may not want too. As i say personally im not to bothered, but it would have been nice to see the top riders (as we wont for much longer!) :unsure::rolleyes:

Cant believe a airfence is causing this meeting to be moved . I'm quite sure a temperary one could have been acquired if need be .

We're all just guessing , so unless the Chapmans , Machin or the BSPA make a statement we will never know .

And it will be bitching and fighting on the forum for a change .  :shock:  :rolleyes:

i KNOW .....FACT! sheffield cannot erect an airfence due to H&S and stadium time limit restrictions.

Edited by The SAINT

i KNOW .....FACT! sheffield cannot erect an airfence due to H&S and stadium time limit restrictions.

Well should the superseven commitee not have done their homework before allocating the big meetings in the first place .

There is also the other question about what happens if airfences become compulsary in the PL in the future .

This would have been a fair and sensible post .

If it hadn't have come from a King's Lynn supporter  :lol:

I tend to watch and follow Kings Lynn Paulco, for sure, but in truth im a SPEEDWAY supporter. Now does that my previous post ok ? :D

I imagine stadium availability plays a big part of it. The Chapmans are in the fortunate position to own their own stadium so it's pretty easy for them to get the date.

If they wanted it at a neutral venue, the only teams I can think of that own their own stadium are Rye, Redcar, Somerset, Newport and Lynn :unsure:

The EL riders were always going to want an airfence at the event so I agree it is poor planning to give the event to Sheffield if it was known in advance that it was impossible to erect one there.

right good news just hope all the top guys turn up like lindback come on nicki

Yes always been known that Sheffield cant erect an air fence on a Thursday, due to time and H & S problems with Sheffield Council.

So as this fact has always been known, whats the REAL reason its been switched.

There is also the other question about what happens if airfences become compulsary in the PL in the future .

try telling that to the fans that are demanding airfences at every track, what will the fallout be?

Why does any speedway supporter think that the promoters will think of the fans, havnt seen any offer of a refund to people who have bought tickets for sheffield who cant / wont go to KL either.

from the press release ...

Any fans that have already bought tickets in advance don't have to worry as the tickets will automatically be valid for the new venue, any fans who won't be able to make the trip to King's Lynn are welcome to send their tickets to the BSPA, ACU House, Wood Street, Rugby CV21 2YX for a full refund.

In one way I feel sorry for those up the other end of the country who will now find it difficult, if not impossible to make it to this meeting, on the other hand, there are others down this end of the country who can now make it to the meeting....me being one of them.

Does seem very strange though to have the switch this late after the tickets have been on sale for a while, people arranged time off etc etc.

I really do think more explanation should be forthcoming from the powers that be on this matter.