British Speedway Forum

According to BBC London the attendance will be 75,000 !!!!!

Taken from this page,

This Article

Saturday 30th June

Speedway Grand Prix

Listen Live online from 6pm to all the action live from the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff

The British Grand Prix is considered by many to be the most prestigious event on the 2007 FIM World Speedway Championship 11-round calendar.

Listen live: Speedway Grand Prix >

Audio and Video links on this page require Realplayer

It is being held in Cardiff, on Saturday June 30th in front of a crowd of 75,000 at Millennium Stadium.

The top 16 riders in the world will compete in a night of fast and furious racing., with Jason Crump of Poole trying to capture a fourth British Grand Prix title after winning in 1996, 1998 and again in 2006.

One of the riders who will be out to stop him is the Lakeside Hammers number one Andreas Jonsson, and you can hear how Essex's favourite Swede gets on by listening to full commentary of the whole of the meeting which begins at 18.00, on our website.

Edited by manchesterpaul

According to BBC London the attendance will be 75,000 !!!!!

:lol::lol: just what you need with this weather.

It'll be around 40,000 but spread out to look more. Keith Huewen will tell us numerous times that the event gets bigger every year :D

The attendance will be down and I think I can hear Wembley calling ;)

I very much doubt The FA would let anyone touch there precious pitch let a loan stick a speedway track on top of it. Anyway give me Cardiff over Wembley any time. Don’t believe the hype about Wembley it’s a nice stadium with adequate facilitates inside but its no where near the best in the world. In fact I’ve been in better stadiums that where built 5 years ago. By the way I was supporting the winning team and still wasn’t overly impressed; god only knows what kind of a desolate place it must be if you lose, as it might as well be on the moon as there is nothing around the place for miles. The great thing about Cardiff you know it’s on because they a have roof that closes fully (unlike Wembley) and with in walking distances are all the bars cafes and restaurants. Having said that I’m missing this year due to just moving house.

I very much doubt The FA would let anyone touch there precious pitch let a loan stick a speedway track on top of it.

Well they are having cars racing round the place soon,so why not speedway bikes? :unsure:

Well they are having cars racing round the place soon,so why not speedway bikes? :unsure:

And football players whatever next?

Well I stand corrected, I’m surprised though what happens if the pitch gets damaged and a footballer stabs his toe on a divot or trips and sprains his ankle, I mean the consequences are to horrific to contemplate. :o:)

Edited by Tipsy_McStagger

Im not going, never have and probably never will, not that interested really. Will be out with the band tonight so not watching it live so i will probably give it a twenty minute scan on sky+ to see how the brits get on

First news in here from Cardiff is that 50k is expected at the Millenium today...

not that interested really. Will be out with the band tonight so not watching it live  so i will probably give it a twenty minute scan on sky+ to see how the brits get on

Can't work out the logic but each to their own :)

Edited by Crump99

I've been to Cardiff twice, and it look's the same. Around 40k

Looked slighty up on any previous one I'd say - the back staraight third level was fuller than it's ever been and that holds a lot of people.

46-7k ?

There seemed more spaces lower down on the first tier, too expensive? Upper tiers deffo fuller but i'd say it was probably the biggest crowd so far!

The lower tier seemed to have more spaces than before and the upper tier was fuller. I'd guess it was about the same as last year.

EDIT Hey Jive will you stop reading my mind :rolleyes:

Edited by Star Lady