British Speedway Forum

Well done old olsen you are the master of getting a track together last night it was great .

Certainly taken him a few years to getit right alas :lol:

Interesting comment about the track as I guess riders will be critical as it broke-up badly towards the end. However the best GPs at Cardiff have always been those with an unpredicatable track, so from a spectators viewpoint, Ole got it right !

Well there didn't seem as many there to me as in previous years, one thing i did notice in the stadium was a lacking of Swedish and Danish flags, just a thought but maybe now the Danish GP is established in a big stadium with the same atmosphere that not so many scandinavians make the trip over for Cardiff.

We also have the German GP in a big stadium at the end of the season with the 100,000 euro prize up for grabs so maybe some foriegn supporters are heading off there instead. After all, it's starting to look like it may just go down to the wire this season.

Just imagine that final if you have 2 riders in it going for the title :)

Godess xxx

G/Day All  :D

WWW. BFD's.SpeedwayWorldTour.com... Tickets available.  B)

Regards.

Currently looking for sponsors who can cater to me various bad habits, mainly Drugs, Alcohol & Loose Women. Also selling advertising space on me Shorts & Jackie Howe singlet

( http://or.essortment.com/legendsshearing_rvha.htm )

not forgetting the soles of me thongs, and trying to pick up part-time work as a stand-in for the Goodyear Blimp.

Can anyone speak today, or are you all suffering with bad throats like we are?!?!?!?!?

Im not going, never have and probably never will, not that interested really. Will be out with the band tonight so not watching it live  so i will probably give it a twenty minute scan on sky+ to see how the brits get on

20 minutes should just about cover the two semi's and the final. Hope you enjoy it. :P

I have a feeling the attendance will be down on the last few years, especially with poor weather forecast.

Definitely down. I know of a fair number from Swindon alone who are giving it a miss this year. Novelty value has worn thin

Going to be the worst attemdance for sure and with the weather l being foul i am glad i am not going .

The attendance will be down and I think I can hear Wembley calling.

You were saying?! :D

And Frigbo I think the novelty value was just fine thanks. :P

Edited by Gemini

definetly a higher attendance than last year, I have got a sore head, and a sore throat, I have just got home and am geoing to retire to the sofa and watch f1 then put sky sports extra on at 3, just to make sure that Bomber really did win.

WHAT A NIGHT!

then put sky sports extra on at 3, just to make sure that Bomber really did win.

How I wish I could do the same. :sad: My NTL, or Virgin media whatever it's called these days, packed in last Tuesday and the engineer won't be coming until tomorrow. So no Sky and no T.V. picture at all for almost a week. Gutted not to be able to record the G.P. for the first time but hopefully a friend will let me borrow a video if we ever get to Brandon again this season. :neutral:

I very much doubt The FA would let anyone touch there precious pitch let a loan stick a speedway track on top of it. Anyway give me Cardiff over Wembley any time. Don’t believe the hype about Wembley it’s a nice stadium with adequate facilitates inside but its no where near the best in the world. In fact I’ve been in better stadiums that where built 5 years ago. By the way I was supporting the winning team and still wasn’t overly impressed; god only knows what kind of a desolate place it must be if you lose, as it might as well be on the moon as there is nothing around the place for miles. The great thing about Cardiff you know it’s on because they a have roof that closes fully (unlike Wembley) and with in walking distances are all the bars cafes and restaurants. Having said that I’m missing this year due to just moving house.

you are absolutely right about the f.a. and their precious stadium. what makes my blood boil though is the fact that we paid for it £750 million .and now we have to be told what can and cannot be done in the place. blairs legacy a national sports stadium that one sport controls but supporters of all sports had to pay for typical !!!

Edited by speedibee

Maybe there was 41k tickets sold before the day, but there were loads of people buying tickets on the day at various ticket points.

I would estimate the figure to be 50-55k.

That was not people queuing to buy tickets , it was people having to collect tickets as the ticket companies had main a major bulls- up !!!! I booked my tickets in Oct and did not receive tickets due to problems was instructed to collect them .... Only to find that my party had been split up all over the stadium .... Absolute dogs danglers IMO

We also have the German GP in a big stadium at the end of the season with the 100,000 euro prize up for grabs so maybe some foriegn supporters are heading off there instead. After all, it's starting to look like it may just go down to the wire this season.

Just imagine that final if you have 2 riders in it going for the title  :)

Am I not right in saying that the Final in German (heat 23) will determine the £100,000 winner and not the overall champion of the series.

That way all 16 are up for the money and there will be one race for £100,000 making it the richest prize in motor sport as advertised - roughly £1,600 a second makes David Beckham look poor !

That was not people queuing to buy tickets , it was people having to collect tickets as the ticket companies had main a major bulls- up !!!! I booked my tickets in Oct and did not receive tickets due to problems was instructed to collect them .... Only to find that my party had been split up all over the stadium .... Absolute dogs danglers IMO

There were large queues of people buying tickets at various points, but the main one being across the road from The Prince of Wales in ticketline. I helped get Shortoi two tickets and spoke to a number in the queue looking to buy tickets :rolleyes:;)

Certainly taken him a few years to getit right alas :lol:

according to the speedway star colin meredith built the track this year

.....at the pub i never had to wait longer than a minute to be served whereas last year it took 10 minutes each visit to the bar, .......

I wish I had been in the pub you were in then !!!! :(

The attendance? Definately well up on the attendance of two years ago when I last visited the British GP, and from the noise generated you'd have thought that there were three times as many people in there!

Edited by BjarneRubble