British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chris-P

Humble Pie Anyone ?

Well Well,

never was the saying "he who has the last laugh" truer than with Bomber winning the GP.

Where are the scheptics who posted stuff like, "its too soon for Chris Harris to be in the GP" and "he doesnt deserve to have been picked" etc etc

Or what about those that said " Ok,....Chris Harris did well getting on the rostrum, but it was on a track he favours,wait till he rides the GP on a man made track, etc etc, blah blah"

Large portion of humble pie for table number 4 please !!!

Oh ye of little faith...........

If Bomber came up for sale would any of you lot be itching for your team managers to bid on him ?.............. you know you would.

Justice was done at Cardiff....................LONG LIVE THE BOMBER !!

kEEP YER CHIN UP SCOTTY BOY, IT CERTAINLY WASNT FOR LACK OF TRYING ME OLD SON !!.................TOP EFFORT.

I will admit that I thought it was to soon for him, and have been eating the alphabet spahgetti ever since.

Long Live the King Bomber Harris.

I wasn't one of those who knocked Bomber, and said he wouldn't do any good in the GPs. I said he'd do ok, and maybe finish about 10th in the standings overall. But, I'm sure those people were just being their usual pessimistic self :D

I admit, I didn't fancy him to do much at all at the start of the season. So, yes, please, I'll take a big slice of that thanks. Can I get some Cornish clotted cream on mine? :)

Any rider who puts on the Union Flag will get my backing 110% until they get knocked out. Whether they are lying last, first or just there to make up the numbers. It should be their proudest moment of their career, and we should acknowledge that. :D

I admit, I didn't fancy him to do much at all at the start of the season.  So, yes, please, I'll take a big slice of that thanks. Can I get some Cornish clotted cream on mine?  :)

Funny Falcace!!!

Supported Bomber since he came to Coventry and when others were calling for his head we kept the faith.

I dont think anyone (Even Chris ) thought he could do as well as he has but he has and its brill.

I just pray to God that when the bubble bursts ( and it will) people are not quick to criticise again. :(

Keep it up - "You sexy Cornish Pasty" (You have to be on the brandon terrace to understand that one!!!) :D:D

I'm still confident my 250/1 on him to be World Champion will be made to look like bargain of the century come October 13th. Can I claim I had faith in him? :D Or am I just mad? :blink:

I'm still confident my 250/1 on him to be World Champion will be made to look like bargain of the century come October 13th.  Can I claim I had faith in him? :D  Or am I just mad?  :blink:

Answers on a postcard to ............. :lol:

:blink::blink:

I'll take a rather large slice of that pie, I genuinely expected Bomber to be outclassed and for it to have a knock on effect to his form for the Bees, but the boy just goes from strngth to strength. Keep it going Bomber!

There's quite a few of us that will have a piece of that pie so hope it's a biggie, although there were several people looking at me rather strange on Friday/Saturday when I said he was going to win and the 25/1 bet was even more of an incentive :wink:

I'm still confident my 250/1 on him to be World Champion will be made to look like bargain of the century come October 13th.  Can I claim I had faith in him? :D  Or am I just mad?  :blink:

SCB just like my 250/1 on Edward and 200/1 on Lewis for the future :wink::approve:

I have to say, didnt place Bomber very highly in the standings of gp!!!! He's certainly proved me wrong and a load of other people I know.

KEEP IT UP BOMBER!!!!

I'm so pleased he's doing well, he was amazing at Cardiff, mind you he has been amazing since joining the gp series!!!! Good on ya boy!!! :approve:

Guest Jacques

lots of pies required then...... Did many people expect this amazing start though ?I wonder if he, himself expected to do so well? He's got everything right it seems..and an incredible attitude :D

Have to admit that i never expected him to do half as well as he has done.But he has to be one of the most improved riders over the last year.I know that he rode one or two meetings in the Danish league last season and i heard great things about him then.Was chatting to someone from Slangerup(who have him in their squad this year)a while back nowsaying that he will probably be too expensive for them to use now.Hope not.Would love the chance to see him.Am even thinking of making the trip to Gorzow on sunday if he is in the Rybnik side :D That is how exciting the guy is

Big slice of humble pie for me.. Wanted the guy to do well but thought he would be out of his depth..

I'll stand facing the wall with the Dunce hat on for the rest of the afternoon.