British Speedway Forum

It seems that the EL fans & 14 out of 15 teams' supporters in the PL are happy enough not to be moaning on & on .... & on.

That's a 96% success rate for JC then: well done, here's to more of the same!!!

If I remember correctly the Super 7even includes *7* meetings, not all of which involve Redcar in the first place (there'll probably now be a campaign for them to be in the ELRC)

If I remember correctly the Super 7even includes *7* meetings, not all of which involve Redcar in the first place (there'll probably now be a campaign for them to be in the ELRC)

priceless :D

The tracks don't make money
So said 1 or 2.

Hoping that it rains, isnt going to make it rain now is it. the statement "I hope it rains" (and ive said it myself) is just peoples anger coming out for feeling they have been hard done by and the weather forecast :P .

Ah now, its not based on the weather forecast, as that would be a 'It looks like its going to rain' comment.

People can be angry.. but think of all the people looking forward to it, saying 'I hope it rains' isnt a very nice thing, is it? If you think it, you dont have to say it. :P

And Backless - :lol:

Fair dues to Jonathon for a long press release accepting there have been cons as well as pros for the super7even this year, yes its a bit self congratulatory but the guy is a promoter, when was the last time you heard Don King come out and 'say that boxing match was a complete mismatch and even my grannie could have knocked the loser out' - wont happen

Shame there is a lot of 'I's in there as I would have hoped that there was more than one promoter keen to be involved with these events (wasnt Matt Fords name mentioned when the series was announced?)

I am sure changes will be made for next season and perhap the 'depth of feeling' on here will give more power to JCs at the conference if he thinks qualifiers are the way to go for the 4TT next year, as SL has said he got many things wrong at Lynn when he first started (mainly through youthful inexperience) but has listened and changed things where necessary, also nice to see a press release that appears to have been spell checked!

He wont, and he would'nt have this season if it was King Lynn in Redcar's shoe's.

then ask CVS if he's prepared to take it on next year

As someone who has criticised this series for several illogical decisions this year I have to applaud this press release and think any other right minded fan should.

The release on the BSPA website was frankly awful bearing in mind all the problems there have been but this addresses them pretty much in full for me - with the exception of the bizarre wild card rule.

This season has been a step forward for these events and as long as they learn from the mistakes and move on next year then everybody involved is to be applauded for at least trying. What the website needs is a clear set of rules on cut off dates and qualification criteria with regard to injuries, team changes and rain off dates. It's not hard to say when and how the provisional line up is decided, when the cut off for changes due to weakened sides is and that any restaging will contain the same clubs as the original regardless.

There are two major points I think have to be changed and one minor one that is really just me being very pedantic.

1. Get rid of the wild cards - there is not the slightest behind these and it is the one issue that Mr Chapman has totally avoided dealing with at any stage. I can only assume one explanation for that.

2. For any serious talk of the British Final regaining it's old glamour it has to have a qualification system where EVERY rider has to get through at least one round and a much larger number of contenders can see a route to the final. I accept the financial reasons behind the old boys commercial bandwagon (or GP series as most seem to call it) that has replaced the old world final format but there is no excuse for the British Final not to be a competition wide open to all riders at the start of the season.

3. Drop the 'even' off the end of the series name! It's just not right - it says 'Super Seven even'! I told you it was pedantic but it is rubbish - we are not Americans after all!

So as not to finish on a moan the last sentences from me should definitely be to say well done Mr Chapman on trying to improve things and for this honest and open press release. If you learn from the mistakes of this year I think you have the making of a great idea that is improving British Speedway.

I think you have the making of a great idea that is improving British Speedway.

as long as Redcar are included

If there were qualifying competitions for the tournament then no-one would be complaining. They would have to find a way to fit it in but i twould make all fans happier when it comes to the 4TT.

I think you'll find we have only compained about the 4TT and if you think about it you will know we are right in what we're saying. Most fans do agree that we have been unfaily treated but I think that some Redcar fans are more bothered about the promoters making up rules as they go along to suit some teams and not others. If we had no right to be in the competition and the rules were the sma efor everyone thenthere would be no complaining from any speedway fans.

as long as Redcar are included

I think everybody can see why Redcar fans are genuinely upset though - from a totally logical sense it makes no sense whatsoever to leave them out of the 4s. In a practical sense I can see why it has been done and whether you agree with it or not it has at least been explained now. That should really be the end of it but you have to admit in all honesty that anybody would be a bit miffed if circumstances had meant this had affected their club.

Many Redcar fans are posting in a sensible way and most appear to have, probably rightly so, let it go but there are a few that don't seem able to do either of these. A couple of people have posted very bitter comments and the odd one has been downright offensive but I don't think it's fair to treat the whole club in the same way because of these 'supporters'. I know when Sheffield were left out of the original line up certain Tigers supporters found it impossible to act like grown ups but that didn't mean the rest of us didn't have a valid point to make. Let's all just treat individual idiots as just that and not see them as representative of any one club as a whole.

I think all competitions that want to be taken serious need qualification, please bring the fours qualifiers and even look at some sort semi final for the pairs with top averaged pairs seeded to final the rest in the semi final? at least it will ensure all have a chance of qualifying on the track not on paper. after all thats where racing takes place :D

The main improvement that has to be made is for a full set of rules to be published before the season starts, that way no one can have any complaints.

all the complaints have come about because most of the rules have been applied and then explained (or not explained) afterwards.

Reasons for some decisions have been nonsensical and the reasons behind other decisions have not been explained at all.

if lessons are learnt from this year, then thats OK but i feel that some mistakes would not have been made if lessons had been learned from earlier events this season

and i can fully understand the frustration of the redcar fans with the decision over the fours, i think a few people need to step back and look at the larger picture regarding this, then they might understand the redcar fans point of view, if they want to that is.

Edited by The Third Man

I think everybody can see why Redcar fans are genuinely upset though - from a totally logical sense it makes no sense whatsoever to leave them out of the 4s.  In a practical sense I can see why it has been done and whether you agree with it or not it has at least been explained now.  That should really be the end of it but you have to admit in all honesty that anybody would be a bit miffed if circumstances had meant this had affected their club.

Many Redcar fans are posting in a sensible way and most appear to have, probably rightly so, let it go but there are a few that don't seem able to do either of these.  A couple of people have posted very bitter comments and the odd one has been downright offensive but I don't think it's fair to treat the whole club in the same way because of these 'supporters'.  I know when Sheffield were left out of the original line up certain Tigers supporters found it impossible to act like grown ups but that didn't mean the rest of us didn't have a valid point to make.  Let's all just treat individual idiots as just that and not see them as representative of any one club as a whole.

Finally someone on this thread who isn't having a go at Redcar fans and can see why we are upset. I know some other tigers fans have posted the same but like you said it is unfair to stereotype all Redcar fans.

it makes no sense whatsoever to leave them out of the 4s.

were they left out, or did they withdraw???