British Speedway Forum
tomazpozrl

Gp Qual. Semifinals Live Updates

So, if I'm not much mistaken, not one single British rider has managed to make it through to the final at Vojens - isn't that rather shameful?

Talk to Lukas at the next Peterborough home match, I have no doubt he will be more than happy to give you his account.

Which of course will be totally free of bias. I wonder what David's account will be?

Again from a few thousand miles you have clearly had a great view !!

Maybe you should not be so quick to condemn

Were you there at this meeting then Chris? If you were, fair enough. But if you weren't - then your opinion of what went on is presumably no more valid than Leanne's; and maybe you shouldn't be so quick to defend?

Edited by Jemma

slovenia result

lingren 11

gufarov 11

bjerre 11

after run off

iversen 10

schlien 10

dobrucki 9

tomicek 8

davidsson 8

protasieawich 8 (res)

after run off

slovenia result

lindgren 11

gufarov 11

bjerre 11

after run off

iversen 10

schlein 10

dobrucki 9

tomicek 8

davidsson 8

protasiewicz 8 (res)

after run off

Quite expected results, good that Lindgren, Roo-boy and JD managed to go through.

Well according to the current update Lewis hasn't turned up yet so not sure he will be able to take that advantage even if he gets it.

What will happen as a result of Lewis's no show, hefty fine, ban or slap on the wrist? Anyone know?

Great to see the Gaffer through!

Guest Schumi

Absolutely delighted that Lubos has gone through, and also pleased to see Freddie, Niels and Kenneth in there. Looking forward to Vojens.

Absolutely delighted that Lubos has gone through, and also pleased to see Freddie, Niels and Kenneth in there. Looking forward to Vojens.

Are we going to see you there then Schumi? :D

Any photos from this two meetings?

Thanks.

So, if I'm not much mistaken, not one single British rider has managed to make it through to the final at Vojens - isn't that rather shameful?

In a roundabout way it is - but I still see the likes of Sweden and Poland in a crossroads of Speedway - when you consider their support from a young age they are underachieving massively. We currently have possibly 2/3 potential GP rideers at an age where the Under 21 WC is more of a worry for them.

What will happen as a result of Lewis's no show, hefty fine, ban or slap on the wrist? Anyone know?

I think he has every right to not turn up - to go all the way to Ljubliana for a ride because of a tapes offence is not right. He should have been provisional reserve until Wednesday and then give the no.17 and 18 spots to local juniors.

Edited by Hazzman

No not shameful just a true reflection of the state of the sport in Britian.No riders with the ability or the experience at the level required.But it will happen one day, don't know how though.

Well done Rooboy - Two Aussies in the Final! Goodonya Rory & Johnno - 3rd & 4th at 2007 Ozchamps - good form continues.

Many thanxx to Tomas & Speedway Slovenia for the Updates - much appreciated in our Colonial backwater.

Which of course will be totally free of bias.  I wonder what David's account will be? 

Were you there at this meeting then Chris?  If you were, fair enough.  But if you weren't - then your opinion of what went on is presumably no more valid than Leanne's; and maybe you shouldn't be so quick to defend?

I am certainly not defending Jemma, you seem to have read some words which are not there. I am merely pointing out that Leanne made a comment about what happened and I have suggested that without being there she was not in a position to say that.

If you can point out where I have made any comment about what actually happened then please feel free to do so, if you can't then you do indeed have the ability to read something that I have not written.

Have a go at me for defending Lukas crashes if you wish but do try to check that I have done so first.

I haven't !!!

Have a go at me for defending Lukas crashes if you wish but do try to check that I have done so first.

The "why dont you ask Lukas..." approach is a pretty defensive one :blink:

Great result for Lubos in a very strong field(harder semifinal) Pleased for him and his biggest fan SCB. :D

:blink::blink: