British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

The boys done us proud!!!

Great stuff from Team GB!!

Murdered the opposition tonight and easily qualified for the final

on Saturday, where they every opportunity of getting on the podium.

Well done to Middlo who stuck with his convictions and choose the

team he wanted, rather than the team the majority of fans thought he

should take. Two fingers to the doubters. The guys all did us proud.

Havvy, Floppy, Deano, Scotty and Rico are all heros tonight.

Can't wait till Saturday night.

Might even get a line of coverage in a couple of rags tomorrow. Then

again.......

cheers

Steve Shovlar

Great result, no reason why we cannot not win on Saturday

Fantastic performance. The Brits were brilliant.

As I have for the other matches I want to give a quick mention for the unsung heros. Riders who rode above themselves tonight. I thought Bo rode well again, but Tom was brilliant for the Czechs. If only the Drymls had got their act together then the Czechs would have been joining us in the final. Well done to them for a good nights work.

;):P

Two fingers? Well gee, just because I and many many others got it utterly and completely wrong?

Harsh but probably fair mate. :D

I must say the team spirit amongst the squad seems fantastic. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really do think we have a shot at winning the Cup now. Every heat each team will have riders capable of taking the points, and I think it's going to be awfully close across the board.

C'mon Team GB!!!!

Very proud of the Brits tonight all the team seem to be geeing up each other a real team spirit. All credit to Middlo for shooting down the critics by reaching the final. Now lets put on a great show saturday!

Anyone know if the SWC is on in France on Saturday ! :-(

I fly out on Sat morning :!: :x

Come on Lads you can do it ! A nice little upset :P

If only the Drymls had got their act together

They did surprise me as they were riding for themselves and normally "find their form" when in these types of event

Guest Kev The Brummie

Great performance from Team GB and thanks to Sky Sports for rekindling my interest in speedway which died in the 1980's thanks to Dan McCormack :x

If only the Drymls had got their act together then the Czechs

I think that is a bit unfair on Lukas considering the terrible injuries he suffered not long ago.

Very proud of the Brits tonight all the team seem to be geeing up each other a real team spirit. All credit to Middlo for shooting down the critics by reaching the final. Now lets put on a great show saturday!

You've said it all there Jive...I get the feeling the criticism did sting Middlo and some of the guys, but boy have they done the bizz as the great Clive Fisher would say! :D

Can't wait 'til Saturday, it's going to be such a close meeting and we have as good a chance as anyone. Whatever happens they can come home feeling proud of what they've achieved but a rostrom place would be sooo nice... :)

The boys rode great last nite, really glad Havvy :D:D was in the points and was honest about his performance in the first round meeting.

Only down side was I missed it live so watched it on Sky at 11:30, totally knacked now as didn't get to bed until after 2:00am as couldn't turm off the TV, now ½ asleep at work :P

Just about to watch the meeting on SKY, was working last night but my friend was texting results to me as the races as they finished......

Many congratulations to Middlo and all the lads, now let's get ready for the final and REALLY give the critics something to cringe about ;)

Come On You B Do It!!!!

Well done to the Brits for winning the race-off!!!!!! Great stuff :P

All the guys pulling together and just going for it.

Scott looked better in this meeting only dropping 1 point but the whole team was great and i see no reason why we cant going on and win the final on saturday ;) !

Team GB was just ONFIRE and we are in for a great final :D:P

C'mon we can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only the Drymls had got their act together then the Czechs

I think that is a bit unfair on Lukas considering the terrible injuries he suffered not long ago.

Fair point but he looked OK, and unlike Tony he must have come through the first match feeling alright. Surely if he felt rough he would have pulled out as well. It was a bad crash he had so lets hope he was just having a bad week rather than still suffering ill-effects. Ales was a bit up and down. I just felt that Bo and Tom did such a fantastic job that a little more consistency from the Drymls would have seen the Czechs through. Let's be honest Lukas should have scored more. His gating let him down more than anything, and I don't think the crash would have affected his gating too much.

;):P