British Speedway Forum

or were they just made to look slow?

the lines you ride on track can add a lot more speed.

Didn't Adams say during an interview that he couldn't understand why the track was so different from how it usually is (or words to that effect).

It's funny really how the picture's actually better than any you've ever taken  :shock:

yep, can't disagree with that.

fairyboy

Except the rules of the competition for using a reserve/substitute  are  (supposed to be) rather different to those of football.        D'oh

Yes i know the rule but when has Speedway rules ever made sense, Tack ride, guests, R/R, Boxall and Armstrong reserves all season oh no you are getting to good better change the rules etc,etc.

If the Brits did not win then the Poles were always going to get my backing, rather them than the Dangerous Danes or Whinging Aussies. :D

I'm sorry, but I really don't believe that the British and to some extent the Aussie boys are that daft that they didn't know what set-up to use for this type of track. Personally and I'm quite sure that people will think it is sour grapes, but I believe that the Poles and the Danes had something that the Brits and Aussies didn't have last night and it wasn't just talent.

I believe that the Poles and the Danes had something that the Brits and Aussies didn't have last night and it wasn't just talent.

the will to win?

you could do a better job maybe?

why should he resign he dosent ride in the team what more could he have done lol yous lot make me laugh.

Naturally I couldn't do a better job of managing the national team than Neil Middleditch does. However, my pseudo-angelic friend, I do not purport to be an international speedway team manager. I assume Mr Middleditch does, otherwise why would he have accepted the job.

I believe Middleditch has been unable to guide successive groups of riders to any real success during his tenure as manager. In fairness to the man perhaps you would [could] list on this thread full details, with dates, of the trophies or other honours the national team has won under his reign as team manager.

I await your reply with interest.

Ron.

How many overtakes were there last night? Immpossible to keep track of them all. I've been watching speedway since 1965 and I don't think I've ever seen a meeting quite like it. A brilliant advert for the sport.

The 'race off advantage' controversy would surely be solved by having it on a different track to the final.

Well done to all the teams for 3 hours of fantastic entertainment.

How many overtakes were there last night? Immpossible to keep track of them all. . . . . .

And the Danes can only ride the "slick tracks" ? ? ?

As I saw it they were quite capable to ride a grippy big track as well.

Steve and Star Lady

Why do you insist on saying...that Team GB have no will to win or No Team Spirit......The cameras hardly showed the Team GB team last night .....or could you see things that we dont.......The Danes have team spirit...superb....Everyone has Team Spirit when they are winning...Neither of you like the riders who ride for Team GB...so why bother commenting...because even had they have won there would have been some negative come from you......By the way i believe Walasek was pulled out because he crapped himself after Nicki yet again lost control while overriding and only because of Walaseks skill did he not end up over the fence....When do you think Nicki will actually cause a big injury..

jaybea

Steve and Star Lady

. . . . . . . . .

By the way i believe Walasek was pulled out because he crapped himself after Nicki yet again lost control while overriding and only because of Walaseks skill did he not end up over the fence....When do you think Nicki will actually cause a big injury..

jaybea

What have you been seeing that I did not ?

NP did ride a pretty clean match last night, so I can't really understand your point.

What have you been seeing that I did not ?

NP did ride a pretty clean match last night, so I can't really understand your point.

Don't think there is much point garf.The sort of thing he is pointing out happens two or three times in most speedway meetings.Sometimes two or three times in a heat.That is speedway.Maybe Jirout wants all speedway bikes fitted with radar systems that cuts the throttle when they get too close to another rider? :blink:

Well there is now way I am trawling back through all the pages on here to just read everyone saying how badly Team GB rode and yet still claiming it is all Middlo's fault!

You know I'm no Middlo fan and don't think he should be in the job so you might be surprised to see me say he did nothing wrong this year! I thought he had the riding order spot on (gater out after the grading, top 2 in the last 2 rides), he did use the correct riders despite what I initially thought and he gave the right rider the joker. Sadly, the riders let him down this year, in a big way.

Still think he should be replaced though just for all those past mistakes. :P

And ye, F U Ole O.!

Worth quoting :D