British Speedway Forum

Good shout after all was it not said he was sorting Edwards engines for Poland  :rolleyes:

but was he there?

that's what i'm getting at ... they need someone THERE to see the conditions.

ok, set a bike up 'for Poland', but the track could have been in any condition, with any weather ... he needs to be there.

Ok if Middlo goes this year whether he gives it up or they give it to someone else who knows ..... How about someone like Michael Lee, Peter Collins or even Chris Morton? (just a suggestion)

Ok if Middlo goes this year whether he gives it up or they give it to someone else who knows ..... How about someone like Michael Lee, Peter Collins or even Chris Morton? (just a suggestion)

yep, an ex rider at international level, and who said he has to be English?

yep, an ex rider at international level, and who said he has to be English?

Surely you're not suggesting Bertola? :P

Edited by iris123

No one is saying they had to be English but people moan that there are too many foreigners here as it is so why bring one in to manage the National Team, having said that ..... Sam Ermolenko would get my vote :approve:

he's a Dane  :wink:

And if this might be true, I hope that Harris then will show him the door. But I doubt it.

Brian is supposed to be a pro and he can't run a buisiness doing tricks like that.

Walasek? Yes, he did and scored 7+1 from 6 rides. Chris Holder also raced (11 from 5) though Eddie Kennett did not.

Thank you. I guess the Poles will still insist he was ill or injured during the hours covered by the WTC final but recovered enough to ride a few hours later. I forgot about Chris Holder also becoming indisposed also. Could this have been the Aussies saying if they can do it so can we. Whatever the reason this is just another example of speedway's 'Mickey Mouse' image is it not?

Wasnt impressed with GB at all excuses should be able to ride the track or not be in the team. Not sure about the Walasek situation but it was a farce especially if he was fit enougth to ride the next day.

And there was me hoping this thread and the disaster (for Brits and Aussies) of Saturday night would fade away! :(

No chance - with Hammers v Bees off SKY have just started showing the meeting all over again.

Will have to watch 'Enders instead! :D

No matter how much I watch it they are just not improving :lol:

Why thing I did find strange though during the LIVE coverage there wasn't really a lot of interviewing of the Brits to find out what was going wrong was there?

Yes, but Sky's policy is to interview race winners, isn't it. And I guess maybe the British riders didn't want to be interviewed. In fact, it seemed like only the Poles were getting interviewed by young Louis between races, with Gollob, Kasprzak and Hampel featuring regularly.

No matter how much I watch it they are just not improving  :lol:

Why thing I did find strange though during the LIVE coverage there wasn't really a lot of interviewing of the Brits to find out what was going wrong was there?

probably hiding from a certain interviewer, the last person you need is him in a crisis