British Speedway Forum

I don't think there are childrens tickets at the GPs. But they do have family tickets, don't they?

I may be wrong but from quickly looking at the Cardiff GP website, under 16 tickets are £17 but they are in the upper tier only, family tickets are £85 or £95 depending where you sit and a £4.80 booking fee. Plus a programme would cost about £10 each?

Thanks for that. Obviously there's no comparison between a GP and our meeting before anyone jumps down my throat again :rolleyes: , just didn't think I'd seen specific children's prices for the GPs before and hadn't heard gripes about having to pay out adult prices in the past, so wondered what they did.

I would assume that a 3 year old would get in for free.

Why? they wasn't when the WTC was at Poole, ok so prices wasn't down to them but they were still not free. One lady complained because her child in a pushchair was charged :shock:

Having said that this isn't the issue, I don't have a 3 year old and nor does CrazySue :wink:

Having said that this isn't the issue, I don't have a 3 year old and nor does CrazySue :wink:

.....erm....I've been known to act like a Three-year-old on occasion, ladies.......

.....erm....I've been known to act like a Three-year-old on occasion, ladies.......

Only cos you like your ass being slapped :lol::wink:

Obviously there's no comparison between a GP and our meeting

Very true Rabski, very true.......a GP is a round of the World Championship, the Poole do is, frankly, meaningless. :wink::lol:

Edited by KevH

Meaningless to you maybe Kev, but as a Poole fan, this meeting kicks arse out of any poxy GP. :D

Guess we won't be seeing you on the 9th then? :P

Well as expected the big Poole promotion juggernaut is now clicking into gear.

Echo today.

Nicki has his eyes on the prize

By Phil Chard

NICKI Pedersen has confirmed he is "fully fit and focused" on pocketing the £60,000 top prize in Poole's Diamond Jubilee meeting next month.

The reigning world champion missed out on speedway's previous biggest purse, the £50,000 on offer for winning the German Grand Prix in October.

At the time, he was still recovering from a nasty head injury sustained in a track spill in Poland.

By the Dane's own admission, he was probably feeling the after-effects of concussion while racing in Gelsenkirchen that night.

Pedersen, fortunately, had already clinched his second world title with one round to spare, so he wasn't too downhearted when he didn't make the final won by Andreas Jonsson, who took home the £50,000.

But after wintering well he has recovered from his injury and has his eyes firmly fixed on collecting the main prize at Poole on Sunday, March 9.

Pedersen said: "The important thing last year was to get enough points to be world champion.

"I would have loved to be in the final in Germany, but I'd had the big crash which knocked my head about and gave me concussion.

"So I didn't ride for two weeks before the final GP and wasn't totally on the case.

"That's not an excuse but I had three or four pretty bad crashes last year.

"Now I've just had a long winter of rest and everything is feeling perfect with my body again."

Pedersen added: "I can't wait for the big meeting at Poole. It would be nice to get in the final and see what happens.

"To be honest, I can see a big handful of riders who can do well on the day.

"There are a lot of riders who can race the Poole track well.

"But it is just one race that will decide it and whoever gets the best gate position will be the guy who can take the big prize.

"It's the first meeting of the season for all of us, and it will probably be the biggest meeting domestic British speedway has ever had.

"I'm going to practice three or four times in England during the week before the meeting, and I think that will pretty much be the same with everyone else.

"I like Poole's track and it is one of the biggest in British speedway. That suits me well and I usually have good meetings when I'm there.

"I fought hard with Jason Crump at Poole in the Elite League Riders' Championship in a last-heat decider in 2006 before I finished second behind him.

"I've had good meetings there and, hopefully, will again in this one."

Pedersen's appearance at Poole will be one of only two guaranteed by him in Britain this year. The other is in the British GP at Cardiff on June 28.

The Dane may also line up for his country at Coventry if they are drawn against Team GB in the World Cup in July.

Tickets for Poole's Diamond Jubilee meeting can be obtained by telephoning 0870 111 3000.

Dont anybody in the Poole area buy your local rag then Shovvy ??

Or have you been given special permission from the editor to cut copy and paste items from the Echo , otherwise you can get done for breach of copyright. :o

Edited by Eastie

Eastie, Steve has special permission to post on here every time that the BIC sell a ticket. That's 93 so far! :P

A man of Steve's intelligence must know about this though(taken from the daily echo website)

5. Use of the Web Site

You undertake:

that you shall not use this Site to transmit any material for the purposes of publicity, promotion and/or advertising without our prior written consent

Edited by KEITH M

Think about it , if Steve didn`t post this sort of material then you Muppets couldn`t take the "P" ! :rolleyes:

Not according to BIC

Under 5s are free unless you want a seat for them in the grandstand. If thet sit on your lap its just the adult that pays. Hope that helps. Hells