British Speedway Forum

Oh Dear me, the meeting is and will be a good one, The Poole promotion have set prices to cover their costs, they have offered the biggest prize in speedway to attract some of the top riders in the world for their 60th season. If you find it is too expensive then dont go, if you wish to attend the meeting then save some cash, its really quite simple.

If you really want to see the racing wait for the DVD.

I for one, don't want to see the meeting rained-off, but to suggest that a one-off meeting like this provides the answers to all speedways problems, is pushing it a bit far. If anything, the money spent on attending an expensive meeting like this could have an adverse effect on domestic meetings.

I am not saying this is the saviour to all of speedway's problems.... :rolleyes:

This is not just any old GP, it is a British League club celebrating 60 years of heritage.

i do run my own business thanks,and poole only need to charge so much to balance the books,because they want to look like big shots offering the highest prize money ever. there is absolutely no reason to offer such a high prize for an individual meeting like this,and it could have an adverse effect on future attempts to stage similar meetings.

its disappointing so many of you have an 'i'm on board so pull up the ladder' attitude.

as for your last comment,lets just hope when you next make a playoff final your promoters dont see it as another opportunity to price out the regular supporter.

Can't be a very successful business, if your just happy to 'balance the books' and break even unless you own Mickey's Burger Van down on that industrial estate.

What do you mean no point? Poole are doing in this such a way it is actually not just only appealing to newcomer fans of the sport with their advertising but new sponsorships for riders and the club. Can you imagine how many local sponsors would want coverage when a sports event with world class performers and a huge prize would do. Your not thinking ahead.

I have never said 'No-one is welcome' and if you read the majority of my posts, I do actually complain about the expense of speedway and it being overpriced. But in this instance, your paying for the quality of the product unlike when you go and watch Crump and Adams beat riders like Burza and Vissing by half a lap.

And this about having adverse effects on future meetings is just a load of defensive tripe.

I see the meeting got a plug on Premier League darts last night on Sky.

Shame Sky aren't covering it really.

Yes, Dave Lanning was waxing lyrically about it.

Didnt get to hear that as i was there for the darts fantastic atmosphere in the BIC :)

if you feel excluding so many children (the future of our sport) embrases the spirit of speedway,then heaven help you.

hope it rains all week and weekend.

mick and colin would never make such a mistake.

Just caught up with this thread and read your moronic comments. Are you for real, you do not deserve speedway with that pathetic attitude. Another t***** joins the fray. :mad::mad:

:blink::blink:

Edited by Tsunami

I'm getting a real sense of deja vu here :rolleyes:;)

Not Deja-vu all over Again! :shock:

How come every thread involving Poole always degenerates into a "Mine's better than yours! Oh no it isnt! Oh yes it is!" Pantomime Sketch? :blink:

I can't work out whether Steve's one of the Ugly Sisters or not. Matt's obviously the Villain, regardless. :rolleyes:

yes see your point but you see my point about what is happening to the elite league
I must be missing something.

The EL loses Pedersen, Zagar and Hamill.

The Pl loses Zetterstrom, Holder and James Wright.

Which league has lost the most points? :unsure:

You really think the lack of Nicki, Matek and Billy will mean Crump and Adams go unbeaten?! :neutral: They might score an extra couple of points as Nicki won't beat them but Hamill would not beta them even if he was here and Matej is statistically unlikely too (and not just because he failed to make half his EL meeting last season).

Well only 7 short days to go before the Big 60th Anniversary Gala Meeting and eyes will be looking towards the longer range weather forecast.

Bit difficult to be too accurate, but it looks at the moment that it's going to be a dry day. Have to see what the Countryfile weather forecast says at lunchtime as that is pretty accurate.

With P&P only three days away the season is finally here. Think it is going to be a much better one than 2007.

Guest sjl
Well only 7 short days to go before the Big 60th Anniversary Gala Meeting and eyes will be looking towards the longer range weather forecast.

Bit difficult to be too accurate, but it looks at the moment that it's going to be a dry day. Have to see what the Countryfile weather forecast says at lunchtime as that is pretty accurate.

With P&P only three days away the season is finally here. Think it is going to be a much better one than 2007.

I looked at the 10 day weather forecast yesterday and it showed 'showers' ---- hopefully not enough to spoil the racing.

I looked at the 10 day weather forecast yesterday and it showed 'showers' ---- hopefully not enough to spoil the racing.

The thing is Sue you only have to piddle on the Poole track & a meetings off.I've seen it meself now on NetWeather, oh dear, 85-95% cloud cover, welcome to March.

Edited by colincooke

So its looking pretty good for all systems go next Sunday. Just seen the long range forecast and after a chilly couple of days on Monday and Tuesday, the weather improves on Wednesday for Poole P&P, sunshine all the way.

Thursday and Friday show high pressure, and although there could be showers in the north over next weekend, its looking good for the south coast!

Really looking forward to this one. A proper speedway meeting full of GP stars and best young talent and a fantastic way to start what will hopefully be a brilliant Poole 2008 season.

Bring it on and whoever wins it will have deserved it.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

The thing is Sue you only have to piddle on the Poole track & a meetings off.I've seen it meself now on NetWeather, oh dear, 85-95% cloud cover, welcome to March.

Been chewing on those sour grapes CC? So it looks like you are not coming. Never mind eh? :wink:

Good luck to the Poole promotion with this meeting - it's nice to see a meeting being heavily promoted for once.

I can't make it down myself, but I hope the weather stays fine.

All the best

Rob