British Speedway Forum

Lol Shazzy......would still be nigh on impossible as my blooming car is on the injured list!

Oh and the small matter of my middle son refusing to go anywhere near Poole ever again after getting lost in the stadium at the WTC ..... no bad reflection on the promotion here either, they were to the contrary bloody excellent in the way they handled it, they were very quick off the mark and put announcements over the tannoy and were on the phone about to inform the local police that a young autistic lad was missing, thankfully he was found within twenty minutes but the experience has put him off ever going to Poole...including just the town!

just have to sit it out then like the rest of us that can't afford/don't want to go

There's only one name Matt seems a little worried about, but if the worst happens, he won't be missed (have to say I'd rather see one of the replacements! ;)).

Now come on Rabbit stop dangling those carrots of yours and tell us which rider Mr Ford is worrying about and which of the replacements you'd rather see! :wink:

good luck to mr ford and poole speedway for having the balls to stage this event,but as it looks like being a seell out why cant we have some kind of speedway coverage either by way of local tv,sky,motors tv with delayed highlights.speedway is missing a trick if they dont get any tv coverage of this event,if fans wont come after watching this top class field they will never come.even a brief 5min round up would be better then nothing.

The reason there is no TV is because Poole want it to sell out! If you had Sky or another channel involved, fans would stay at home and watch it on TV.

Want to see the richest ever race in speedway? Get down to Poole on the 9th March!

I hope Poole get a large attendance for this one - the amount of promotion done on this meeting is an example for others to follow. It deserves to be a success. I won't be down myself, but I can imagine a huge crowd in attendance.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Well said Rob.

Hope to see you around the tracks in 2008.

The reason there is no TV is because Poole want it to sell out! If you had Sky or another channel involved, fans would stay at home and watch it on TV.

Agree with you Steve as also with it being early March the colder weather could put people off. Also no matter which way you look at it (and it's not Poole's fault as they have promoted it well) speedway is not a priority sport for t.v. And also to put this meeting into perspective Poole have taken nearly 4 months to sell 5,500 tickets and Barnsley sold 6,000 tickets for an away football match at Liverpool in less than a day

Edited by KEITH M

So in theory the reason it's not on SKY is because they know quite a few will stay at home and watch it because .............. it's £25.00 per ticket, that's an awful lot of money if you have a family of 5 or even just 3!!!!

Having said that the price is not putting me off, work the next day is :cry:

This "£25 is too expensive" is Speedwaya main p[roblem. Its far from too expenmsive, but as speedway has been underpriced for donkeys years, anything over fifteen quid seems unacceptable!

I went to see AFCB V Swindon recently. £21 + program for a load of rubbish second rate football. Did the fans stand outside moaning about the stupid pricing? No. They paid it and went in.

£25 for a meeting of this calibre is cheap. Plus you get a free program and a fiver off the fist Poole meeting of the season. How is that expensive? It works out the same as a normal league meeting if you buy in advance!

I do agree that there should have been a discount for children standing. Don't understand the logic in that one from M&M. Still, it's their show and the place will be packed out, so I guess they thought they didn't have to offer it. Personally I feel that was a mistake.

If speedway cost as much to get in as football, perhaps all promotions would own their own stadiums and have decent facilities for the fans.

Speedway has undersold itself since the 70's. But still the fans moan.

I don't have a problem apying (or even paying!!! **Edited**) £25.00 for any meeting but the kids prices are steep for this

Edited by shazzybird

£25 for adults isn't a problem. It's the principal of having to pay the same for an 8 year old and a 3year old that I have issue with.

Having said that, it might just give me the excuse to nip off on my own for the afternoon and leave the missus with the kids :P

I've just agreed with Shazzybird, I need a lie down!

I would assume that a 3 year old would get in for free.

I would assume that a 3 year old would get in for free.

Not according to BIC

Not according to BIC

Hmm. I would phone the speedway office on that one. Has to be a minimum age. Be paying £25 for a 6 month old next.

Simply playing Devil's advocate here, but is it possible that the reason for no concessions is down to the costing of the event? Having a level pricing structure with no concessions means the promotion can assess the known income based on various crowd figures. If kids tickets were available, you obviously don't know from the outset how many tickets likely to be sold will be for children, which would then impact on the income from the event. Certainly helps when setting the prices in order to cover the costs for this, which are huge. If you suddenly lose a big chunk of money because say 1000 or 1500 kids tickets are sold, could be the difference between profit, breaking even or even making a loss, particularly if these are in the higher priced seats.

Just a thought - are childrens prices available for the British GP or is it one price fits all for the various pricing levels? Serious question as I've no idea not having sproglets of my own.

Edited by rabbit