British Speedway Forum

There is no booking fee payable for anyone buying on the day. The booking fee only applies to tickets booked in advance through the BIC, hence the free programme to offset that cost.

There is no booking fee payable for anyone buying on the day. The booking fee only applies to tickets booked in advance through the BIC, hence the free programme to offset that cost.

So are you trying to tell us that on an issue relating to Poole Speedway that Steve Shovlar was WRONG!!!! :o:o;):D

For holders of advance tickets, the gates will open at 12.40pm

For supporters buying their tickets on the day, those gates will open at 1pm.[/i]

So basically if you buy a ticket in advance you get in before people who buy on the day

So if you have a ticket in advance, there is a chance you could be standing in a queue of 5,000 and if you don't you could be in a queue of only 500. I bet it will take more than 20 minutes to check everyone's advance tickets :wink:

The Barclays car park has a lovely view of the track if you don't want to queue.. :blink:

Just been on the BIC website and there are plenty of seats available with only three sections out of seven in the main stand sold out. Now that rabbit has confirmed that there is no booking fee if we pay on the day (Matt Ford must go to bed at night wondering how he can shut Shovlar up) it appears that the best option is to await the weather forecast and pay on the day. There appears to be no point in giving the BIC £4 plus £2.50 postage when there is going to be plenty of room on the day.

That's changed then Rabbit as Matt said before that the booking fee would apply across the board, with the BIC selling tickets at the stadium.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

That's changed then Rabbit as Matt said before that the booking fee would apply across the board, with the BIC selling tickets at the stadium.
If that is the case then Matt can shove this meeting where the sun doesn`t shine , I`m not subsidising the B.I.C . :angry:

Chill out CP, there is no booking fee.

Steve, I still have the text on my phone from Matt confirming it and he's seen what I posted as a result on the Poole forum last week. Here's the details I had clarified:

Reading through this thread there seem to be a few mis-conceptions about exactly what is being charged/paid and when. So just to clarify:

If you pre-book your ticket through the BIC, then yes, you do pay the £4 booking fee per ticket, but on the day you will each get a free programme.

You can buy your ticket on the day at the stadium (availability permitting of course!), with cash, as always; there is no booking fee payable on the day through the turnstiles, but you do not get a free programme and will have to pay for these as you would normally. The price of a programme will be £6.

Feel free to check with him again but I'm not making it up, honest! :rolleyes:

Edited by rabbit

NO I never said you were Rabbit. Just that a while back the line was that the BIC were going to sell tickets at the stadium and a booking fee was going to be charged. Glad it isn't because really the club is more than capable of collecting its own money.

So basically the people who purchase in advance get a free program worth £6, plus a £5 voucher for the Lakeside meeting. Those that pay on the day have to pay £6 for a program and don't get a £5 voucher.

Correct?

Almost right...buy in advance, pay the booking fee of £4, get a free programme worth £6 and the voucher for £5 off the Lakeside meeting. Buy a ticket on the day without a booking fee, pay for your own programme if you want one, and still get a voucher for £5 off the Lakeside meeting as per the quote from the Echo website on the 6th Feb 'Everyone who comes to the meeting will receive a voucher for reduced or free admission to our home meeting against Lakeside on March 12'. :D

NO I never said you were Rabbit. Just that a while back the line was that the BIC were going to sell tickets at the stadium and a booking fee was going to be charged. Glad it isn't because really the club is more than capable of collecting its own money.

So basically the people who purchase in advance get a free program worth £6, plus a £5 voucher for the Lakeside meeting. Those that pay on the day have to pay £6 for a program and don't get a £5 voucher.

Correct?

I have given in to temptation and am now comin along to the meeting i booked my ticket, with £5 off the Lakeside meeting i might come along to that aswell.

I have given in to temptation and am now comin along to the meeting i booked my ticket, with £5 off the Lakeside meeting i might come along to that aswell.

You related to the guy who started the "Poole 2008,what a joke" thread by any chance? :lol:

Looks like PTW and Mr Valente will be at Poole in 2008 after all.

Grass isn't always greener on the other side.

You related to the guy who started the "Poole 2008,38.85 limit what a joke" thread by any chance? :lol:

Yeah

Looks like PTW and Mr Valente will be at Poole in 2008 after all.

Grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Well im comin as it sounds a good line-up and being a Poole fan i cant really miss a big meeting like this, i may attend 1/2meetigs after that at Poole but that will be it, and will still follow Poole on Sky and there results B)

lol how the mood has changed :P

im sure ill see you down poole more than 1/2 twice andy :P