British Speedway Forum

Thirdly, Swindon? That will be Leigh Adams' (+ partner's) home track then? Not exactly a neutral track for the other 8 teams in the competition.

He'll be happy to have it there, unless it rains of course. :angry::rolleyes:

Thirdly, Swindon? That will be Leigh Adams' (+ partner's) home track then? Not exactly a neutral track for the other 8 teams in the competition.

maybe, but at least you might get an idea of who wanted to take over the running of the events :D

maybe, but at least you might get an idea of who wanted to take over the running of the events :D

You're absolutely right Steve

On the BSPA website it says that the Pairs is rearranged for the Sunday after Cardiff at Swindon.

BSPA announcement.

Swindon for chripes sake - as Rob B has said - Swindon v Belle Vue - not sure I would bother paying for such home track advantage :(

Ditto. And I was so looking forward to this after the original one was called-off.

Well they could have it at NEWPORT a neutral track and better racing than Swindon

Two meetings at one track on the Sunday - think of the crowds!! And, perhaps most importantly, it's neutral :)

On the BSPA website it says that the Pairs is rearranged for the Sunday after Cardiff at Swindon.

I'm gonna be JC for one night only

Here goes

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Was the track as bad as what Birmingham's was when they rode Sheffield last season?

Not as much water laying around as that one but IMO it still looked too wet to race on.

Well, looking at it philosophically it means good news and bad news for me personally. The good news is that it has made my mind up for me, and I will use the ticket for the ELRC meeting at NEUTRAL track Birmingham and forget all about going all the way to Swindon to see a contrived homer result !! But the bad news is that it once again shows up the BSPA for what most of them actually are....IT'S A JOKE... How on earth can those who voted for this rearranged meeting to be at that Venue and on that date hold their heads up, it's beyond me !! I thought that at the end of 2006 AGM it was decided that all these sort of events must be held at a NEUTRAL track, and the Super7evens were formed from that idea. A total disregard for the supporters and speedway fans. As has been said already, to do this on that particular weekend means an expensive weekend for many, especially the families....and remember how much the Promoters like to keep publicising speedway as A FAMILY SPORT !!! For many it probably means another nights stop over in a hotel, those with children will have little choice but to give it a miss I would think. For others it is just another long awayday (with a risk of course of another postponement and a wasted trip )....and Swindon ???? yes a good stadium and a very good track, but home track of the BSPA Presidents team. No wonder Jonathan Chapman gave it the elbow !!! What's next ?? the ELRC to be changed to another one of the 'old boys clubs' tracks ???? Well because I have a ticket that must be used up I will go to the ELRC, but I won't bother to go to any others in the future because it seems to me that putting JC in charge last season was just a ruse to get these meetings back into the popularity stakes and then after the hard work is done, it all back again. :angry:

Edited by NOBBY

Won't riding in Poland that Sunday be even more of an issue than it was last Saturday? :blink:

Or are there no Polish fixtures that day?

Edited by shooting star

Well, looking at it philosophically it means good news and bad news for me personally. The good news is that it has made my mind up for me, and I will use the ticket for the ELRC meeting at NEUTRAL track Birmingham and forget all about going all the way to Swindon to see a contrived homer result !! But the bad news is that it once again shows up the BSPA for what most of them actually are....IT'S A JOKE... How on earth can those who voted for this rearranged meeting to be at that Venue and on that date hold their heads up, it's beyond me !! I thought that at the end of 2006 AGM it was decided that all these sort of events must be held at a NEUTRAL track, and the Super7evens were formed from that idea. A total disregard for the supporters and speedway fans. As has been said already, to do this on that particular weekend means an expensive weekend for many, especially the families....and remember how much the Promoters like to keep publicising speedway as A FAMILY SPORT !!! For many it probably means another nights stop over in a hotel, those with children will have little choice but to give it a miss I would think. For others it is just another long awayday (with a risk of course of another postponement and a wasted trip )....and Swindon ???? yes a good stadium and a very good track, but home track of the BSPA Presidents team. No wonder Jonathan Chapman gave it the elbow !!! What's next ?? the ELRC to be changed to another one of the 'old boys clubs' tracks ???? Well because I have a ticket that must be used up I will go to the ELRC, but I won't bother to go to any others in the future because it seems to me that putting JC in charge last season was just a ruse to get these meetings back into the popularity stakes and then after the hard work is done, it all back again. :angry:

What a thoroughly excellent post, and I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Won't riding in Poland that Sunday be even more of an issue than it was last Saturday? :blink:

Or are there no Polish fixtures that day?

No Polish fixtures that day.

you only have to look at steve owens pics of the str meeting the next day and the track was as bad as it was the day before

,but 70+ year old rider rode it as good as they could ,i rode and yes it was grippy very ,but we do it for fun it was the tbest we have had it ,jc was right MOST OF EL RIDERS ARE A BUNCH OF PUFFS ,

Edited by bigend

Great news for all speedway fans now the meeting is at swindon what a fantanstic weekend of speedway for everyone watching the great leigh adams with the mighty rosco by his side .

Edited by orion

What a thoroughly excellent post, and I think you've hit the nail on the head.

I for one won't be staying over.........got to get back to do my rain dance :wink: