British Speedway Forum

A couple of posters asked - why have heats 21 & 22?

So we can wait around for 20 minutes while riders fart about chosing gate positions.

(Although the Under 21 @ Arena was worse than last night)

Now the odd feature:

Points scored off each gate before the final race:

Gate 2 29 points

Gate 4 30 points

Gate 1 32 points

Gate 3 34 points

First choice went to Harris - who chose gate 2

then

Nicholls chose gate 4

and next

Kennett chose gate 1

leaving Woffinden in (the top scoring) gate 3

Conclusion - credit to Swindon for producing a track with so little gate bias

Yes just a real shame the track produced so little actual racing, apart from the odd heat most of the passing was finished after the first bend.

Very processional.

Does that mean you are not coming to Cardiff again this year!!!!!!!! :cry:

No Hun!

It means I can sit in the stadium and shout for Edward without my fluffy Koala going scatty wondering why I am shouting at him! (as I did explain to the non-fluffy Edward a couple of weeks ago down at Poole)

Have no fear, I shall be there - it is all arranged, Chris is driving so I don't need to stress over that so just looking forward to a wonderful relaxing weekend, catching up with all my mates that I see so rarely these days! And cheering on Edward and Scott (with a little Leigh and Jase there too no doubt!)

;)

Yes just a real shame the track produced so little actual racing, apart from the odd heat most of the passing was finished after the first bend.

Very processional.

At least they got the meeting on if it had been at boro and a drop of rain had come along they would have called it off as normal .

A most pleasing meeting with some good racing which proves that in many instances the boys in the lower leagues are not that far off the best of british.

Only one sad note for me on the evening ..........why did a group of Coventry fans on the second bend feel the need to boo and jeer (Wolverhampton Asset) Tai Woffinden on his every ride ? ............ Surely we should all be singing from the same nationalistic hymn sheet on these occasions and such things should be left at the gate ! :unsure:

Although there wasn't a huge amount of passing last night I thought it was a good meeting in front of the biggest crowd of the season chez Blunsdon.

The previous day's rain made the track nice and grippy and resulted in some fast times and although some races were processional many were very close and exciting.

Scotty was definately the best rider on display and but for his mechanical failure would probably have gone through the card.

Not sure why bloke is moaning about the format? It is tried and trusted and everyone knew the rules before the start.

Good to see so many fans of different teams in the stadium last night, I haven't seen so many speedway anoraks in the same place since Cardiff!

And good to meet ScoobyDo and of course the regulars Clunsey and FireStormDax (thanks for the cider sweetie!).

And special mention to the 'yellow' start tart. What a body :oops:

And good to meet ScoobyDo and of course the regulars Clunsey and FireStormDax (thanks for the cider sweetie!).

And special mention to the 'yellow' start tart. What a body :oops:

Adders, good to meet you too mate, and the others. It was a shame that I didn't get to meet the guys from Coventry too as I am at Brandon quite often !!!

It was a shame that you left when you did as the 'yellow' start lady came looking for you !!!!

Well done again to Scott Nicholls on being the man....

Great performance from Kennett and just goes to show that what I said last year was he would have beaten Howe at any neutral track except Wolverhampton and even Lanham got a better score than Howe did and Stead again in the mix but not winning anything...

Woffinden is exceptional and is the best young rider we have produced probably ever. Did Screen get third in a BF when he was 17?. This guy will be challenging for honours at WU21 level.

Adders, good to meet you too mate, and the others. It was a shame that I didn't get to meet the guys from Coventry too as I am at Brandon quite often !!!

It was a shame that you left when you did as the 'yellow' start lady came looking for you !!!!

Mmmm, yellow start tart or making last orders in the pub, tough decision that!

Woffinden is exceptional and is the best young rider we have produced probably ever. Did Screen get third in a BF when he was 17?. This guy will be challenging for honours at WU21 level.

Can anyone remind me how old Michael Lee was when he became British Champion & World Champion? Ta.

Well done again to Scott Nicholls on being the man....

Great performance from Kennett and just goes to show that what I said last year was he would have beaten Howe at any neutral track except Wolverhampton and even Lanham got a better score than Howe did and Stead again in the mix but not winning anything...

Pity Nicholls cant do anything in the grand prix,he is not going to improve now whereas the likes of kennett and woffinden have great unfulfilled potential.

Nicholls is a match for anyone at elite league level so its a mystery why hes always been so poor in the gp's,hes certainly not the man in the gp's!

A most pleasing meeting with some good racing which proves that in many instances the boys in the lower leagues are not that far off the best of british.

Only one sad note for me on the evening ..........why did a group of Coventry fans on the second bend feel the need to boo and jeer (Wolverhampton Asset) Tai Woffinden on his every ride ? ............ Surely we should all be singing from the same nationalistic hymn sheet on these occasions and such things should be left at the gate ! :unsure:

I was in a group of Coventry fans on the second bend and we were all cheering for Tai.... :blink:

Bloody good meeting actually. Not a huge fan of the racing at Swindon but last night proved me wrong.

Bomber left himself with no options if he missed it off gate 2 whereas he gifted Scott the run around everyone.

Gutted about Kennett at Cardiff, really am not a fan, much would have prefered Woffy but well done to him anyway.

Can anyone remind me how old Michael Lee was when he became British Champion & World Champion? Ta.

He was British Champion in 1977 and started riding in 1975, so I guess that would make him 18.

I guess i should also give a special mention to FireStormDax's long leather 'Herr Flick' flasher mac :wink:

Gok Wan would have been agog!

Agree that Woffinden has loads and loads of potential, but I don't know how accurate it is to say that "we have produced" him. He was pretty much a stand out from when he first came over from Aussie.

Hope he gets a WTC call up and is given every opportunity to widen his experience.

Edited by salty