British Speedway Forum
PhilK

The Cardiff Grand Prix Discussion Thread

personally i thought the only thing worse than the refereeing last night was moronic members of the crowd booing nicki pedersen.

the man is world champion,was a great servant to british speedway for many years until the ludicrous points limit forced him out,and who in an attempt to entertain us last night ended up on the floor on four occasions.

he deserves respect,and the lynch mob should stick to cock fighting and dog baiting,true sports for the yob and bully

personally i thought the only thing worse than the refereeing last night was moronic members of the crowd booing nicki pedersen.

Totally agree(see speedway fans topic)

the man is world champion,was a great servant to british speedway for many years until the ludicrous points limit forced him out,and who in an attempt to entertain us last night ended up on the floor on four occasions.

he deserves respect,and the lynch mob should stick to cock fighting and dog baiting,true sports for the yob and bully

NP didn't help his cause at all by waving and smirking to the crowd. It incensed them. If had had any sense at the time he woould have kept his head low but baited them by waving after getting through to the final, fully in the knowledge it was strirring them up.

The ref made the bad calls, not NP, buut the crowd see NP as the villian as he was the one to gain from the bad calls.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Rubbish! Booing (and cheering) adds to the carnival atmosphere, is totally harmless and Pedersen plays off it like a pantomine villain.

Agree with you DB

ps. Cider sales in Cardiff hit an all time low yesterday

And with Moose being under the weather as well,it`s no wonder cider sales were down. :lol:

Rubbish! Booing (and cheering) adds to the carnival atmosphere, is totally harmless and Pedersen plays off it like a pantomine villain.

then we will have to agree to disagree,i think the booing was of a personal nature,and is tantamount to bullying.in many ways booing and jeering of this nature is worse than racist jeering,because it is uniquely personal.

nicki may appear to play it off as you say,but what other choice does he have? i would imagine he was deeply hurt and shocked by events,and would be surprised to see him eager to return to britain.

However, if we are not careful a new tactic could start up, if you miss the start cut across the track and run into the back of the guy who made the gate. Get a rider excluded and get another chance to make the gate.

Perhaps that's why the fans were booing Nicki, because they thought he did just this?

then we will have to agree to disagree,i think the booing was of a personal nature,and is tantamount to bullying.in many ways booing and jeering of this nature is worse than racist jeering,because it is uniquely personal.

nicki may appear to play it off as you say,but what other choice does he have? i would imagine he was deeply hurt and shocked by events,and would be surprised to see him eager to return to britain.

Oh behave, Nicki loves to play the pantomime villain. If anything the hostility towards him makes him try even harder.

i would imagine he was deeply hurt and shocked by events,and would be surprised to see him eager to return to britain.

Good - and double good - if thats how he wants to win 'at all costs' then not having over here again is a bonus IMHO - as someone posted earlier hes a drama queen - lying around on the track til the decision goes his way then pop up he gets not even a limp or a rub of his hand.

The crowd let him know how we felt about his antics - what else could we have done - written to our MP ??

So the crowd were bullying a cheat - sounds about even then :wink::wink:

Nicki revels in the role of the villan and has earnt the tag through his own actions in the past. I agree that it wasn't his fault last night, it was the referee that made the mistakes and Nicki can't be blamed for any of the incidents.

As for a great servant to British Speedway, how has he been and maybe if he didn't try for more money than any other rider he would still be riding here as he was approached by at least two teams about his availability.

As a rider, I admire his skill and bravery but his actions and attitude to fellow riders have let him down too much. I didn't boo him last night, just had a few chuckles at how many times he ended on his butt.

Oh behave, Nicki loves to play the pantomime villain. If anything the hostility towards him makes him try even harder.

Exactly.Did you see his face with the mock shock when he was booed onto the rostrum?Loving it,he was.Did the booing ever bother Mauger,Fundin or Olsen?All the way to the bank it did :lol:

Absolutely disgusted with the 'fans', who cheered when Nicki P fell off in the final :mad:

He landed on his head and did a couple of somersaults across the track, but the anti- Nicki P fans found it hilarious :angry:

There are far too many serious injuries in speedway and fans cheering a rider when he falls, is just pure pathetic and disrespectful.

Also, the decisions between N.Pedersen/ B.Pedersen/ Adams, were all made by the referee not Nicki P. So I don't see how in this world you can blame Nicki, when it is obviously down to the referee's judgement of the incident :blink:

cos he chose to ride into them and fall. he's done it so many times now.

However, if we are not careful a new tactic could start up, if you miss the start cut across the track and run into the back of the guy who made the gate. Get a rider excluded and get another chance to make the gate.

dont think its a new tactic brummie boy i seem to remember hans nielsen being very adept at this during world championship events :wink:

takes a lot for a man made track to be good for speedway.. yep spectacular events for all the wrong reason but not true racing, falls, riders firing off turns in all sorts of directions, crazy manoveres of world class guys fighting the conditions to stay up right, think crumpie was dead right cardiff ids for the fans and the atmosphere for the riders its just one of night mares.

then to cap it all we have back the dodgy ref, how many times does that man take control of the gp events and turn it into a circus unless we have a new FIM directive " a rider who is hit from behind will be excluded for getting in the riders way"

I had been going to Cradiff but after Gothenborg and the farcical track didnt bother as if i wanted to see moto x id go there and Cardiff became a lottery by a track and a clown of a referree.

congats to Crumpie on the win commiserations to the rest especially Adams and Bjarne Pedersen.

Excellent day as per usual at Cardiff, the crowd was fantastic and helped by decent performances from Scottie and Bomber. I still cant believe Scott in the final, it really highlights the imporatant role of the mental aspect in speedway. Crump was excellent and a deserved winner, the 3 Pedersen incidents were all wrong Still all in all a very good day!