British Speedway Forum

Perasonally didnt boo Nicki until the holta accident when Nicki was up and ready to have a go at holta until he realised his bike was damaged and was instantly shot by a sniper in the crowd and fell down like a sack of spuds.Think you will also find Nicki's tumbles as you so put it were just them sliding off but the Iversen/Harris crash was nasty and both riders got a big ovation for getting to there feet.

Don't disagree that Nicki took a tough fall in final but just proves that he made a meal of the Adams/perdersen incidents to make sure the mechanics got his bike ready,but im also not blinkered enough to think other riders do this aswell so maybe FIM need to look at it in more detail.

but they are not supposed to as that is classed as an unsatisfactory start.

There is supposed to be a marker 30 metres after the start where a rider must stay straight until that point .

Unless they have changed the rule or they just turn a blind eye to it.

Can anyone on here clarify

Iff I remember corectly the 30 yard rule dates back to when races were started by push starts.Riders had pushers to assist them but after the marker they were on their own iff the bike hadn't started.The 30 yard marker would be half way round the 1st turn at Mildenhall, so it obviously dosn't refer to were riders can turn.

Is this thread really necessary? Can't the mods close it, move it to the GP section or merge it with one of the dozens of other Cardiff threads?

I highly doubt any new ground is going to be covered, it's all been said, argued, argued back and said again 6 times on all those threads already.

Nicki never said any of that not one "ya know" :wink:

Cor that doesn't half get on my nerves in rider interviews! Like a flipping dripping tap.

I think when I had sky the most I clocked was 37 times in a 1 minute interview :blink: Can't remember who the culprit was though.

If I knew, I wouldn't be asking!!

certainly in the seventies that was the rule no crossing bfor 30yards and a marker was always there, the fact that there is no marker any more would suggest the rule has gone, as fasr as i am concerned he is reaping the rewards of his past. if he thinks that all is forgotten because he thinks he has changed well it doesnt work that way, the fact is he has not made himself popular end off

There are an awful lot of times that "All Four Back" is a simple cop-out decision for a ref to make. This ref made some decisions. Shame that they were wrong ones. Seems that anything you do can get you shot...including doing nothing.

The reason I think Pedersen got stick was because of the same reason that Drogba and Ronaldo get stick in football. They go over too easilly and try to get an advantage from it. They don't get the advantage from being good at their game, they do it from being good at their gamesmanship (some call it cheating). The problem is that Pedersen had a rubbish first heat, and needed "something extra" in his other races to gain his points, and getting riders excluded by looking like an innocent victim and conning the referee was his way of doing it. He's an old pro, he knows he's get booed for it, but its points that win World championships, not popularity, so he went with it.

Maybe Simon Cowell could run a Speedway Championship - The S Factor - or something, with telephone voting from the public, then we'd see a different Nicki Pedersen, I'm sure.

Considering I was in the front row I doubt it was me, although I was quite vocal on the refs decisions! :lol:

realy am glad to know im not the only one. i had some rather dirty looks for some of the language used at some stages of the meeting.

but craig is right- the ref should not be allowed to continue with his job at this level.

in another topic i saw a quotation of the ref saying that he followed the rules- what rules was he following then?

not many that i reconise that is for sure!

as for the booing being disgraceful- hands up all those who have been to a GP when a single dane HASN'T been booed?!

lol

I really can't believe that anyone thinks these guys deliberately run into the back of each other, falling off a motorbike at 50mph just to try and gain an advantage. They could be killed by a following rider hitting them!

Not if they were last out of the gate they wouldn't. :rolleyes:

I think NP was in the wrong place at the wrong tome on a number of occasions.

yeah, at the back. :lol:

Anyway, the whole pantomime villan thing is great. I used to love booing Martin 'Mad Dog' Dixon

Andre Compton & Stoney still get a "warm welcome" from the home fans at Smallmead too. ;)

There are an awful lot of times that "All Four Back" is a simple cop-out decision for a ref to make. This ref made some decisions. Shame that they were wrong ones. Seems that anything you do can get you shot...including doing nothing.

The reason I think Pedersen got stick was because of the same reason that Drogba and Ronaldo get stick in football. They go over too easilly and try to get an advantage from it. They don't get the advantage from being good at their game, they do it from being good at their gamesmanship (some call it cheating). The problem is that Pedersen had a rubbish first heat, and needed "something extra" in his other races to gain his points, and getting riders excluded by looking like an innocent victim and conning the referee was his way of doing it. He's an old pro, he knows he's get booed for it, but its points that win World championships, not popularity, so he went with it.

Maybe Simon Cowell could run a Speedway Championship - The S Factor - or something, with telephone voting from the public, then we'd see a different Nicki Pedersen, I'm sure.

Interesting theory.

So if Pedersen was purposely coming off gate 4 to get the rider off gate 1 excluded, why did he choose gate 2 in the final when he could of gone for the outside once more?

Another thread on the same subject, this is becoming a bit of a pain, but once again I will say this Nicki will not have been effected by the booing, in fact if anything he will have been spurred on.

Nicki has been involved in so many controversial decisions over the years if I had a pound for everyone I would be a very rich man, and I am sure that Nicki will not be bothered as on more occasions the decisions go his way, and Nicki knows the when to stay down and when to get off the track quickly.

Again I will say that I did not boo Nicki, I like the guy, I think he adds spice to the Grand Prix, and I think that the Grand Prix would be a dull place without him.

...Nicki, I like the guy, I think he adds spice to the Grand Prix, and I think that the Grand Prix would be a dull place without him.

Quite right...it would be like the Whacky Races without Dick Dastardly if there was no Nicki Pedersen in the Grand Prix series.

Hello.

I feel the need to post this after the shocking treatment of Nicki Pedersen by a large group of morons on Saturday at the Grand Prix. I would like to know why Pedersen was subjected to all those boos and jeers for really, no reason at all.

It all began when Leigh Adams was excluded for knocking Nicki P off on the first bend. The decision I am sure most people would of made would be to put all 4 riders back. Adams went out a little, Nicki came in a little, not one riders fault. However, the REFEREE had a different opinion and decided to exclude Adams from the re-run. This somehow triggered loads of idiots to boo Nicki P as he got back up from his fall. Maybe some people should remember it is the REFEREE who makes the decision.

Then in the re-run, incredibly, the fans took stupidity to a whole new level! Coming out of turn 2, Nicki P was in the lead when Rune Holta came and poleaxed him into next week. Incredibly, some fans jeered Pedersen for this! How in gods name was he supposed to stay on his bike? Anybody who believes Pedersen was too blame for this is quite simply deluded. Then when Nicki gets up from his second tumble he is subjected to more boos.

Then, in the semi final, a very similar situation to the Adams exclusion, Bjarne Pedersen knocks Nicki off on the first bend. Again, the right decision would probably be all 4 riders back. However, the REFEREE excludes Bjarne, causing people to boo Nicki Pedersen when he gets up from his 3rd tumble! Unbelievable!

In the final, Nicki took a very nasty looking fall but still managed to bravely get himself and his bike off the track so the race could continue. What really annoyed me though, was the idiots cheering when Nicki fell off! What in gods name had the man done to deserve people being delighted that he may of hurt himself? I will tell you what, nothing. Surely his bravery in getting the bike off the track merited some praise?

So surely, these morons, being consistent in booing the riders when they get up from heavy falls, should of hured abuse at Chris Harris after his nasty fall. Not a chance. The hypocrites decided to give him a standing ovation(rightly so) for getting up after his fall.

So Harris gets knocked off= standing ovation

Pedersen= booing, jeering

I couldn't agree more DD...& that's all I'm saying on the subject.

I don't like the dirty cheating Dane but you gotta love Stekkers aint ya :approve::approve::wink:

I don't like the dirty cheating Dane but you gotta love Stekkers aint ya :approve::approve::wink:

Ah but,shazzy,your still a disgrace :lol::P

(I`m sure you behaved impeccably really)

I have absolutely no problem with riders being booed. What I do have a problem with is morons that cheer when riders fall, even the simplest looking slide off can cause serious injuries.