British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pirate paul

Congratulations Middlo Bashers

Whats annoying me is that the GB team seem to be laughing and joking, even the manager is smiling. They should be ashamed.

I hope we dont qualify for Thursday, can you imagine how bad we would be there? Russia would leave us for dead.

Whats annoying me is that the GB team seem to be laughing and joking, even the manager is smiling. They should be ashamed.

I hope we dont qualify for Thursday, can you imagine how bad we would be there? Russia would leave us for dead.

Im sad to say I was thinking the same.

Hey Jim give me a call mate I can go to Denmark and come last every race and I dont want paying what those 'professionals' you got riding for you tonight get paid either!!

There's little pride or motivation attached to riding in national colours. It's the lowest priority for riders who already spend most of their working lives riding for 3 or 4 clubs. Rider talent is one thing, but making the national team no 1 requires major structural change.

There seems to be plenty of pride and motivation in the Swedish colors.

For everyone grumbling that Britain don't have the quality of riders to choose from...Look at the Swedes. They are no better, but their boys are clearly motivated and right up for the meeting.

To be fair, the riders are poor, the track seems to have been preapred for the Danes

Forgive me if I find this statement faintly absurd. They're all professional riders riding on a well-known circuit. So far as I can see, it seems to have plenty of shale and to be in excellent condition. How can Danish riders find it to their liking but not Brits? Surely it's either about how fast the British equipment is performing, or more likely how mentally geared up to win are the riders on the bikes? To blame a well-prepared track seems totally feeble!

Forgive me if I find this statement faintly absurd. They're all professional riders riding on a well-known circuit. So far as I can see, it seems to have plenty of shale and to be in excellent condition.

I am not sure, I am just going off what they said early on, that it was slick. I agree they should be capable of riding it, and the track is no excuse but my point being Andy that we are at home, so why not prepare a track that gives us an advantage and use our home advantage. Chances are we would have still messed up, but hey, every little helps.

You had your chance in March .......... and bottled it!!! :lol:

oh haha ..

most women have a time of the month, you have a time of the year.

pathetic

You had your chance to tell Middlo exactly what you thought and back up your posts but you kissed his butt!!! :lol: and apologised!!!!! :lol:

You had your chance to tell Middlo exactly what you thought and back up your posts but you kissed his butt!!! :lol: and apologised!!!!! :lol:

thats crap too!

we agreed to disagree .. he has his opinion, i have mine.

so you were there weren't you .. or were you in another room while i had this conversation in the bar?

once again, pathetic.

I am not sure, I am just going off what they said early on, that it was slick. I agree they should be capable of riding it, and the track is no excuse but my point being Andy that we are at home, so why not prepare a track that gives us an advantage and use our home advantage. Chances are we would have still messed up, but hey, every little helps.

But surely all professional riders should be equally capable of riding a track in ANY condition? What favours any one team of riders who appear in EL on a regular basis over any other team? Aren't they all individuals? :blink:

Oh come on - having Middleditch pick the riders would have made bugger all difference. Chances are he'd have picked the same 5 riders...bloody hell ALL of them are either current or past Coverntry riders so if they can't do it then who the hell else would you use. As others have said Middleditch said he wouldn't use PL riders ffs...he wouldn't even have had Woffinden in the squad....just shows how VERY little he knows. Bottom line - 'Team GB' are pathetic....a trained monkey - or even Peter Adams - could team manage them and it wouldn';t make a blind bit of difference. :rolleyes:

thats crap too!

we agreed to disagree .. he has his opinion, i have mine.

so you were there weren't you .. or were you in another room while i had this conversation in the bar?

once again, pathetic.

Errrrrrrrr I was at the bar!!!! :wink: Not arguing with you, you called for his head you got it!! Just remember god doesn't pay his debts in money :approve:

For a 'True Brit' you seem to be doing plenty of gloating Shazzy....interesting that you're more interested in point scoring over Steve Hone than getting angry about how pathetic the Brits are ! :rolleyes:

Oh come on - having Middleditch pick the riders would have made bugger all difference. Chances are he'd have picked the same 5 riders...bloody hell ALL of them are either current or past Coverntry riders so if they can't do it then who the hell else would you use. As others have said Middleditch said he wouldn't use PL riders ffs...he wouldn't even have had Woffinden in the squad....just shows how VERY little he knows. Bottom line - 'Team GB' are pathetic....a trained monkey - or even Peter Adams - could team manage them and it wouldn';t make a blind bit of difference. :rolleyes:

Let's face it - he didn't have a lot to choose from, did he? Selecting a combination of current and ex-Bees is about the best anyone could have done without the luxury of hindsight. Compare that to the days when it was a tough call to select a team - when we had the likes of Collins, Morton, Simmo, Jessup, Louis, Davis, Gordon Kennett and many more. Sad indictment of the current British riders, wouldn't you say?

Errrrrrrrr I was at the bar!!!! :wink: Not arguing with you, you called for his head you got it!! Just remember god doesn't pay his debts in money :approve:

you weren't anywhere near the conversation .. i accepted he had his view, he accepted i had mine, we shook hands that the conversation would go no further too :rolleyes:

if he's spouting the crap to you, maybe i should go back on my word

and there is no god

Edited by stevehone