British Speedway Forum

Uh oh, hope Rabski isn't reading that. :D

Oh yes, I've seen it. Funny how you can go off certain people on here...:P;)

Oh yes, I've seen it. Funny how you can go off certain people on here...:P;)

Sorry Rabbit, I know that Bjarnne is a good rider, but he does half remind me of a speedway equivalent of John Major.

Good meeting for the neutral - had a bit of everything :lol:

Was surprised to hear race off and final is at Leszno next year - thought it was a certainty to be held at Cov

But you are not exactly neutral when it comes to the Danes are you! :lol:

I've also told you several times the final is at Leszno next year , can't believe you believed Jim Lynch on that one :blink:

The Aussies, oh dear... was a little disappointed that Holder didn't attempt to clear the track when he fell.

Why should you feel disappointed? He had just been flung off his bike at quite high speed straight onto his back. It would have taken the wind out of anyone at the very least, and could have resulted in more serious injuries.

Congratulations to Denmark. They did seem a complete team in every respect. Also, congratulations to the three other teams too for makng it such an enjoyable speedway meeting. Is it really back to an Elite League match on Monday on Sky? :rolleyes:

Sorry Rabbit, I know that Bjarnne is a good rider, but he does half remind me of a speedway equivalent of John Major.

Why? Does he like peas too? :D

Congratulations to the Danes....I think they have by far the best 5 riders at the moment, and they ultimately deserved their victory.

At the same time, I think that the Poles deserve a lot of credit for their efforts in Vojens. I didn't give them a hope of winning before the meeting, but they made it a great battle....If they had only picked PePe, who knows what would have happened :unsure: (was that put in just for Subedei, or was it because it was truly what I believe.....I wonder!)

However, the FIM seriously need to look at their rules for the SWC...A reserve is essential in these matches. OK, the rules were abused last year, but why go back to no reserves, why not offer a reserve that can replace anyone at any time? You could almost see the fight drop out of the Aussies when Jason had to withdraw...OK, even a reserve couldn't have covered for someone as good as Jason, but it might have given them the desire to fight on....

:lol: Only joking SK, each to their own. I've the same opinion of Leigh Adams (see Mr Turner's signature on here :P) ;)

Quite out of charactor for Bjarne to lose it with Gollob. He is normally a placid guy who quietly goes about his business but he was clearly upset and to throw his back wheel and hand signals showed he was fired up.

A few people think he is dull because he is quietly spoken, but Poole fans know what he can do and he does his talking on the track. While he is never going to be a world champion because he doesn't have that killer streak in him, he is still a very class act and big scorer, and I would be happy to keep him in the Poole team until his retirement.

Well done to the Danes.

Looked the best team on paper and proved it on the track.

Poles were the moral winners ..........the ref should have excluded kenny when he lost control on the first bend but made a home town call .

At the time the poles were 4 points up and would have won .

Quite out of charactor for Bjarne to lose it with Gollob. He is normally a placid guy who quietly goes about his business but he was clearly upset and to throw his back wheel and hand signals showed he was fired up.

A few people think he is dull because he is quietly spoken, but Poole fans know what he can do and he does his talking on the track. While he is never going to be a world champion because he doesn't have that killer streak in him, he is still a very class act and big scorer, and I would be happy to keep him in the Poole team until his retirement.

I was certainly surprised at Bjarne, and not really sure what he was complaining about. I was also laughing loads at NP "offering" advice to Bjarne, he was certainly putting a point across Leigh Adams lived up to his nickname of Mr Clean last night, that is the cleanest I have ever seen a rider in such attrocious conditions, especially considering his race positions.

The Poles were a tad unlucky and had Walasek not bottled the meeting they more than likely could have had the gold medal. All in all a good meeting.

Well done Denmark,all round strength allways wins in the end,Poland can go home with their heads high,as to can Sweden, Australia did,nt seem interested after Jase got injured so early in the meeting.

All in all it was good not to have to be concerned at who would be last in each heat :wink:

funny when its a Poole rider, its a rider " fired up"

When its someone elses rider its " toys thrown out the pram" :lol::oops:

Congrats, best team won, very proffessional and team spirit was amazing, the best team won

Yes, well done Denmark. But is it my imagination or was the track like riding on ice without spikes? It looked seriously dangerous out there. Had it been any other meeting, surely the whole thing would have been called off?

No doubt that the best team won so congrats to the Danes.

Not a fan of the Danes generally, but Nicki Pedersen was the proverbial Captain Fantastic (even though he wasn't the team Captain). Every time we went over to the pits he seemed to be constantly in the ear of the other riders encouraging & motivating them.

I'm sure it wouldn't have made a big difference to the overall outcome of the meeting, but surely after this they need to consider the option of a reserve for these meetings.

Australia were obviously able to cover Jason's rides with the other guys, but only because they were 6 points down.

If at any point they had got back into contention, they wouldn't have been able to use them.

I'd like to see a number 6, who is allowed to take one ride in every set of 5 races regardless of the score, that way he could cover an injury.

PS Hope Crump is not too badly hurt.

absolutely shocking performance from australia last night,i know their chances of winning disappeared with crumpie,but holder aside they put in virtually no effort whatsoever afterwards.

if scott nicholls had put the same committment and enthusiasm into a meeting as leigh adams last night he would be getting slaughtered right now.and people wonder why he has never been world champion.

nicki may not be the most popular rider with many,but at least he has the stomach for the fight.