British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
paul84

Chris Harris And Scott Nicholls

as ive said to a few people i no, When Stonehewer was in the Gp's the best he got was 12th in the world, and not much really said as he was over shadowed by Loram and Screeny. Am not sure whats Scotts best placing has been but has it been much better then that?? like i say when he rides Elite league hes a great heat leader!! but its all in his self belief i say.

I was staying at Vastervik at the weekend.

Bjarne Pedersen was staying at our hotel. Someone spotted his mechanics in the bar at the hotel the night before the Grand Prix, and they asked his mechanics where Bjarne was. "He's been tucked up in bed for the last hour", came the reply. It seems Bjarne went to bed around 8.00pm.

Rob

Didn't do him much good did it? He might aswell of went out on the p$ss :wink:

Bjarne Pedersen was staying at our hotel. Someone spotted his mechanics in the bar at the hotel the night before the Grand Prix, and they asked his mechanics where Bjarne was. "He's been tucked up in bed for the last hour", came the reply. It seems Bjarne went to bed around 8.00pm.

On the other hand, Chris Harris was spotted at a bar in the wee hours of Saturday morning.

Is it any wonder we can't compete with the Danes?

All the best

Rob

By the way bjane rode at weekend he should have gone out :rolleyes:

Well a wee word with the sports psychologists that look after the British cyclists might be the order of the day .

thought thats what the former public schoolboy was hired for :wink:

Edited by mervjankefanclub

By the way bjane rode at weekend he should have gone out :rolleyes:

He still scored nearly as much as Nicholls and Harris put together. :wink:

And no doubt Nicki Pedersen and Jason Crump have early nights the night before the Grand Prix. It's called professionalism - and it's what the British riders lack.

When I'm out on the piss the night before the Swedish GP, I don't expect to bump into any riders. :rolleyes::wink:

All the best

Rob

thought thats what the former public schoolboy was hired for :wink:

Kelvin's approach to World Finals was to allow him to be pushed out wide and then spend the next 12 months moaning about it. :rolleyes::wink:

All the best

Rob

Paulco - the Danes all get on come the World Cup, though.

Unlike our riders who are too busy nicking the favoured sports of their team mates in the Coventry pits, instead of concentrating on a team effort in the competition.

All the best

Rob

Totally agree about the Danes come the world cup , we was in Vojens and the Danes were as one as was all the other teams except England to me there was two camps the Harris camp and the Nicholls camp Lee Richardson didnt no which camp to be in but spent a lot of time with Edward Kenette and Tai Woffinden Tai must have thought what have i got mixed up in and bet he wished he,d rode for the Aussies and who could blame him . As for nicholls and Harris i never see them speak let alone look at each other .What a joke ?? . neither are going to make next years GP,s on merit .

When I'm out on the piss the night before the Swedish GP, I don't expect to bump into any riders. :rolleyes::wink:

All the best

Rob

Lucifer Sam and Bomber Harris - the Brits Abroad . :lol:

He still scored nearly as much as Nicholls and Harris put together. :wink:

And no doubt Nicki Pedersen and Jason Crump have early nights the night before the Grand Prix. It's called professionalism - and it's what the British riders lack.

All the best

Rob

Agree with you about the professionalism bit but I have seen riders absolutely legless at speedway end of season dinner dances who have went out the next night and scored maximums :wink:

Totally agree about the Danes come the world cup , we was in Vojens and the Danes were as one as was all the other teams except England to me there was two camps the Harris camp and the Nicholls camp Lee Richardson didnt no which camp to be in but spent a lot of time with Edward Kenette and Tai Woffinden Tai must have thought what have i got mixed up in and bet he wished he,d rode for the Aussies and who could blame him . As for nicholls and Harris i never see them speak let alone look at each other .What a joke ?? . neither are going to make next years GP,s on merit .

Not really. Woffinden's choice was clever. A bigger pool of sponsors, a near assured GP spot when he's ready, SWC captain and when he has a poor night in that he'll be better than most, Sky's GB golden boy. If Woffinden chose Aussie, he'd always have Holder or Batchelor or many other promising roo's to compete against for them spots. He's a wise head on young shoulders.

I don't think it's professionalism, it's desire and the attitude.

I always notice Jan stachman at the GPS ,is he with a rider or do danish speedway pay him to be there?As for the brits as there are just two of them to bounce ideas off and they are next to each other in the pits i cant understand why they dont offer help to each other.Instead Bomber turns the other way to help Holta!!!!!!!!!!

I always notice Jan stachman at the GPS ,is he with a rider or do danish speedway pay him to be there?As for the brits as there are just two of them to bounce ideas off and they are next to each other in the pits i cant understand why they dont offer help to each other.Instead Bomber turns the other way to help Holta!!!!!!!!!!

Middleditch used to go to the GP's to be with our riders . Haven't seen hide nor hair of Lynch this season though .

as ive said to a few people i no, When Stonehewer was in the Gp's the best he got was 12th in the world, and not much really said as he was over shadowed by Loram and Screeny. Am not sure whats Scotts best placing has been but has it been much better then that?? like i say when he rides Elite league hes a great heat leader!! but its all in his self belief i say.

Seventh in 2003 is the global superstar's best final placing.

Middleditch used to go to the GP's to be with our riders . Haven't seen hide nor hair of Lynch this season though .

That is because Neil paid to go to the GP's to be with the riders, I guess Jim doesn't feel the same passion for Britain!

As for Scott, I personally don't think that having Kelvin next to him in the pits is the right move for him, can't really see Mr Tatum as a motivator! Scott needs someone who can get him to focus more, now I really don't know who that would be, I would love to say Mark Loram, but he has enough to deal with in getting himself fit for now but there must be someone that can help Scott out, I have such faith in that lad to do well, he has the skill to beat the best, he has the aggression, he just needs someone to get him to pull all that together on the track!

On the other hand, Chris Harris was spotted at a bar in the wee hours of Saturday morning.

If this is true then what does he expect ................. he can't expect the british fans to support him if he isn't being professional and he can't expect to be the best.

Agree with you about the professionalism bit but I have seen riders absolutely legless at speedway end of season dinner dances who have went out the next night and scored maximums

Bloody good job they weren't tested for alcohol then!!

Edited by Trees