British Speedway Forum
Bezza

Italian Gp, Lonigo - 27 September 2008

Talking nonsense again, I see. That was a classic Gollob move. Hells bells he does it at Bydgoszcz all the time, or didn't you see the Polish Grand Prix? It was a glorious move from Gollob, who was in complete control and hadn't just clouted the safety fence.

Look at last year's final from Bydgoszcz:

Nicki P stayed on. I guess perhaps he just has more skill and ability than Crump.

Talking of nonsense, don't know if you noticed but that wasn't Bydgoszcz last night. It was a track with long narrow straights and tight corners where the riders have to turn a lot harder. Therefore where a rider can take a knock at Bydgoszcz and stay on at Lonigo where there is no grip and he has to turn in harder he will go down. Certainly a classic Gollob move - works a treat on big open tracks ut you would have thought he had been excluded for it enough times now to know it's not the answer on every track!

There have been some terrible decisions by refs in the GP's this year but I thought he was spot on in both cases last night.

Despite my usually siding with the commentators as I think they have a very difficult job I must admit that Tony Millards comments about Lindgren were terrible.

Has Gollob some problems with this guy or with the FIM/BSI/Olsen?It sounds from this,that he feels politics lie behind some of the decisions. He does appear to be one of the few that will say what he feels and isn't scared to complain about track conditions.Has he been in the Polish press criticizing the way the GPs are run or the referees? :unsure: And will he get fed up with it all soon?

My thoughts on last night -

Ref got both the big decisions spot on, how anyone could argue different is beyond me. Silly move by Gollob in the semi, but he oh so nearly made a clean pass.

Dryml seems to be over-riding imo, just hope he gets through to the end of the German GP without injuring anybody else or himself.

The reaction of Millard to the Lindgren/Pedersen crash was appalling. To start banging on about how this could be a boost for Nicholls when he didn't know how serious the crash was (and at first sight it looked a bad one) - unforgiveable. Tatum should know better as well.

Sub will probably disagree but I think the Gollob exclusion was right. At Bydgoszcz, he can get away with that move to an extent with riders not relying on their leg for entering the turns. Taking Crumps leg going into the turn at Lonigo completely unbalanced him. Wasn't even as if it was a small amount of contact as Gollob must have hit him at quite some speed. Whether the ref was right or wrong, there's no doubt in my mind that Crump DIDN'T put the bike down.

Pedersen said at Bydgoszcz in 07 that if it had been anywhere else other than Bydgoszcz he'd have put the bike down, then claims that Crump has put the bike down and condemns it?? :blink:

It amazes me that Dryml continues to act in such a way after his own big crashes, and after Ales' huge one at Oxford. You would think he'd have a bit more respect for others riders on track in all honesty. An excellent ride from Nicholls to first avoid the fence after he was nearly dumped in it at the end of lap 3, then to pull a superb first and second bend out the back to repass KK before a top draw last bend to cut under Dryml when Dryml clearly aimed for him coming off the 4th turn. Definitely the right result in the end. :approve:

My thoughts on last night -

Ref got both the big decisions spot on, how anyone could argue different is beyond me. Silly move by Gollob in the semi, but he oh so nearly made a clean pass.

Dryml seems to be over-riding imo, just hope he gets through to the end of the German GP without injuring anybody else or himself.

The reaction of Millard to the Lindgren/Pedersen crash was appalling. To start banging on about how this could be a boost for Nicholls when he didn't know how serious the crash was (and at first sight it looked a bad one) - unforgiveable. Tatum should know better as well.

With reference to the Dryml Nicholls incident, I think Dryml should have been excluded for unfair riding. It was dangerous, stupid and there is no place in speedway for such riding.

Anyway, am more than sure that if this had been Bydgoszcz tonight that pathetic guy wouldn't have even thought about making such decision. Otherwise, he would have needed a few SWAT units to leave the stadium :rolleyes:

That is more like football talk, not really speedway.

That is more like football talk, not really speedway.

Have you not heard about what goes on at Polish meetings on the terraces . :shock:

Have you not heard about what goes on at Polish meetings on the terraces . :shock:

Yeah, been to Poland quite a few times. The atmosphere can be a bit intimidating at times, although they do treat the British very well. I was in Bydgoszcz two weeks ago and the atmosphere just died when they realized Tomasz was not going to win.

I think the ref was spot on all night.

Gutted for Crump, it might have been possible with a 12 point gap, but 16 is certainly a bridge too far.

Well pleased for Bjarne, I just had a feeling when I read about him discounting himself from next years series that with the pressure off he'd have a good night.

NP is going to be a worthy world champion barring total meltdown in Germany, he's been the best rider all year, but I have to say this tactic of laying his bike down when someone gets by him is frustrating and unnecessary.

Dryml is a menace.

Nicholls was superb in heat 7, absolutely brilliant ride. You could argue that his conduct after the race was unnecessary, but when yoyu think he was doing 60+mph and nearly got put in the fence by that maniac twice I think he was rather restrained!

As for the refereeing decisions. I thought the ref had them all spot on. For those that think Crump went down too easily, did you listen to the commentators? All night they were saying that the track was like marbles and there was no grip. So what exactly was there on that track to help Crump stay upright (I suppose at a push the same could be said for Nicki). There was contact from Gollob, so IMHO the ref had no option. The Nicki incident, I thought and still do after all the replays, that as Crump went past Nicki attempted to kick out at Crump, which is what caused Crump's ankle injury and Nicki to fall off. That's my unbiased opinion as I love watching all three of the riders involved.

100% agree, Star Lady.

I came on here this morning to see the comments on last night's GP and I can't believe what I'm reading from some contributors. Like you I have no bias towards any of the three riders involved, but the incidents were quite clear. How anyone can think that Crump should have been excluded in either of them I find totally baffling and completely inexplicable. The shot of Pedersen kicking out at Crump was actually a disgrace. Exclusion was the minimum penalty he should have received for that.

Is the Crump/Gollob incident online anywhere?Unfortunately the livestream failed for me at this stage

Crump done a clean pass and Pedersen leaned into him thus causing the crash . Gollob and Crump had a ding-dong battle and were almost neck and neck going into the bend when Gollob's back wheel took Crump's leg away causing the crash . Both Gollob and Pedersen were correctly excluded in both mine ,and more importantly , the referee's opinion .

And that's why we post on here - to express our opinion whether others agree or not .

Absolutely spot on Paulco.

How anyone can fail to see the difference between those incidents is beyond me.

Perhaps their personal agendas cloud their views?????

Well dont know if you've missed it but Bjarne has said that he will not ride in the GP series next season no matter if he finishes top 8 or gets WC pick.

Good news for the series then, lets hope he sticks to that decison.

I guess it's possible that Crump just hasn't the talent to handle it, but I don't believe that. He just bailed out and hoped for the best.

Jeeeez :rolleyes:

Anyway....I bet Nicki had problems ordering two pints in the bar aftrerwards....kept getting halves :D

That is about the same as Pearon who comments on Woffinden on every meeting he presents evenwhen there is no Woffinden connection.

And the non reasoning about bringing Tai Woffinden into your argument with Chris only because he supports Rye House :rolleyes:

An interesting gp once again. I thought riders were supposed to stay still at the tapes now? If so Nicholls touching the tapes was an unsatisfactory as Gollob did him again with a quick movement. Lindgren AJ and Nicki, tough one, people can say had Pedersen not tried to clamp down etc but Lindgren made the cut back to lenthen "the straightaway" was "charging hard" then ended up as "meat in the sandwich" like I say a tough one to call.

Dryml was downright stupid and the reactions after the race was imo good as it spiced proceedings up. Pedersen and Crump, to me its clear Crump had passed him and Nicki tried to lie all over him and I think did did get his foot caught on Crumps bike, however the decision made was the correct one, To be fair to Pedersen he may have stayed on had he not got his foot caught.

Golob got his comeuppance for his unposrting ways as he was rightly excluded against Crump, there is clear contact between the two and it happened just as crump was using his leg as bslance so it definetly caused him to fall. I am not a p[articular fan of Crump but he definetly deserved the overall victory on the night and was denied by a sick bike. Hans won it however a gp victory from a bees rider or former bee favourite has never been so flat as it was acheived on the back of a nasty bout of gp'itis, Well done to Bjarne who rode very well.