British Speedway Forum

Having just been crowned world champ for the 3rd time, and looking pretty well unbeatable, can Nicki Pedersen go on to equal (or even surpass) the record of 6 world titles?

He's equalled Gundersen and Olsen's three. One more and he'd tie with Hans Nielsen to being the best Dane ever, based on world titles.

He's equalled Gundersen and Olsen's three. One more and he'd tie with Hans Nielsen to being the best Dane ever, based on world titles.

But nowhere near with ability or charisma. :shock:

How old is Nicki? Is he 29?

If he wants to he can go on and surpass both Mauger and Rickardsson on the 6 title mark.

How old is Nicki? Is he 29?

If he wants to he can go on and surpass both Mauger and Rickardsson on the 6 title mark.

I think he's a year or 2 older than that, but even still, time is on his side.

But nowhere near with ability or charisma. :shock:

Well it has to be said that i think all the other 3 had tougher competition.And we really don't want Rob to get started on how many medals Hans won,do we :unsure: For me,Nicki is far the best rider in the world at the moment.I wouldn't say he was as good as the other 3 though.But he isn't finished yet and can only beat what is out there.

It's not really fair to compare Nicki to Gundersen and Olsen. they had to win their title's in 1 off meetings.

NO. One more IMO before he gets caught back wirth the pack.

there is no way todays riders match the likes of the riders in the 70s 80s and early 90s but they can only beat whats out there. congrats to nicki but its a 2 horse race for a few years yet

No, there's enough threat in the pack to stop him.

Such as?

Winning six is a huge ask but personally I don't see anyone around at the moment challenging him. Perhaps the next batch will but who knows.

If he retains the hunger I think he has a fair chance of getting another 3 Titles. Of the top challengers all bar Andersen are older and I can't see Adams, Gollob or Hancock being able to outgun Nicki over a full season.

Crump may still be the closest challenger again next season, but other than that we may have to wait for the likes of Holder and Safjutdinov to mature.

Such as?

Winning six is a huge ask but personally I don't see anyone around at the moment challenging him. Perhaps the next batch will but who knows.

I think Andersen personally can reach him. He's shown glimpses this season of it but he's needs a good start to the season and he can do it.

If he retains the hunger I think he has a fair chance of getting another 3 Titles. Of the top challengers all bar Andersen are older and I can't see Adams, Gollob or Hancock being able to outgun Nicki over a full season.

Crump may still be the closest challenger again next season, but other than that we may have to wait for the likes of Holder and Safjutdinov to mature.

Quite agree with you. There will always be young bucks coming up on the rails to challenge Nicki, but with his 'boys' around him and his desire, he looks good for a couple more in the future.

Would he become more liked or less liked if he did. :wink:

:blink::blink: