British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
beesbarmyarmy

Wild Cards For 09

4 weak riders in that next year with ulamek, Bjerre, Walasek and Zagar i feel. Why on earth has Zagar been given a wild card??

Even though i think holder is ready for the gp's, i'm relieved that he's not in them next year. Be interesting to see how emil gets on though.

Is it possible we will get two surprises for next year, first Sajtfudinov as a wild card and then GP in Togliatti the 26th of September?

Zagar might be a surprise as well but he has performed better than Nicholls, Lindgren, Iversen in the polish League. He has also been one of the best riders in the Hammarby speedway in the Swedish League. I am not a big fan of Matej but like Scott he is a fighter and he has proved to be a good rider in the GP earlier.

ANd if you compare with Walasek and Ulamek I definitely prefer Zagar. Matej is still young and might be a top-8 riders in a few years but the question for the two Poles is to try to stop their way down. None of them will ever be a challenger for the medals, which Matej might be.

To be fair to Zagar in his first full GP series I'm pretty sure he qualified in the top 8. Found it tougher 2nd time around, but at least he has shown he can cope with the step up in class.

Anyone know what the score is with Holta? It is the first I had heard he might step down for2009.

Anyone know what the score is with Holta? It is the first I had heard he might step down for2009.

Something to do with the surgery he has either had or needs to have this winter maybe?

First I've heard too but that's all I can come up with.

Great news....

Sure Chris Holder will benefit for another year with just the odd wild card meeting.

Sure whoever he rides for in 2009 will benefit .

I reckon the only weak links in that line up are Walasek and Ulamek.

Didnt see Zagar coming but rate him highly.

Awesome that Emil is in - Hope he causes some shocks!!!

Very very glad to see Freddie back!!

Zagar has the sponsorship and back up team to become a very good GP rider. He also has the talent but IMO lacks the application.

I hope Emil has a good season..... will be interesting to see him on some of the smaller/indoor tracks. I rekon he should do fine tho!

4 weak riders in that next year with ulamek, Bjerre, Walasek and Zagar i feel. Why on earth has Zagar been given a wild card??

How you can say Bjerre is weak is beyond me, the others yes. I fully expect Bjerre to finish well into the top eight looking at that line up. They may aswell of given PUK another go rather than Zager. Someone has been at the white powder i think.

Edited by CHS

Wild cards confirmed: Matej Zagar, Emil Saifutdinov, Fredrik Lindgren & Scott Nicholls

1. Nicki Pedersen

2. Jason Crump

3. Tomasz Gollob

4. Greg Hancock

5. Hans Andersen

6. Leigh Adams

7. Andreas Jonsson

8. Rune Holta

9. Kenneth Bjerre

10. Sebastian Ułamek

11. Grzegorz Walasek

12. Matej Zagar

13. Emil Saifutdinov

14. Fredrik Lindgren

15. Scott Nicholls

:)

Source: Sportowe Fakty

Wow, a real surprise in Zagar getting the nod. So looks like just 4 of the 15 in the EL next season !

Wild cards confirmed: Matej Zagar, Emil Saifutdinov, Fredrik Lindgren & Scott Nicholls

1. Nicki Pedersen

2. Jason Crump

3. Tomasz Gollob

4. Greg Hancock

5. Hans Andersen

6. Leigh Adams

7. Andreas Jonsson

------------------------------

8. Rune Holta

9. Kenneth Bjerre

10. Sebastian Ułamek

11. Grzegorz Walasek

12. Matej Zagar

13. Emil Saifutdinov

14. Fredrik Lindgren

15. Scott Nicholls

Source: Sportowe Fakty

I think there will be some kind of divide in the series developing, the top 6 are clearly ahead of the rest with Andreas tagging along, and Holta down there all much of a muchness they all will have a good gp then a bad one after that!

Nicki to be WC again, with Emil Saifutdinov being the star outside the top 7

Shocking and poor decision to give ne of the wildcards to Zagar, who just doesn't have what it takes and will the the Dryml of 2009.

Whilst Holder has missed out, and said himself he isn't yet setup for the series, he is clearly a far better rider than Zagar and Lindgren. Still, Poole fans could look at it selfishly and say there will be no GP distraction for any of our riders in 2009.

But even a under prepared Holder would have been better than a fully prepared Zagar!

Shocking and poor decision to give ne of the wildcards to Zagar, who just doesn't have what it takes and will the the Dryml of 2009.

Whilst Holder has missed out, and said himself he isn't yet setup for the series, he is clearly a far better rider than Zagar and Lindgren. Still, Poole fans could look at it selfishly and say there will be no GP distraction for any of our riders in 2009.

But even a under prepared Holder would have been better than a fully prepared Zagar!

Yet again on what form do you make Holder better than Zagar ? forgot the uk again the only place in the world where they ride speedway .