British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
beesbarmyarmy

Wild Cards For 09

I hope Scott gets the nod. He's shown that although he won't ever win a GP, he can still mix it and beat some top riders. Harris is clearly out of his depth, and needs to come back in a couple of years to try his hand again.

1 - Scott Nicholls - He's the number 1 brit, therefore will probably get one. If he'd ride all year with the same grit as tonight he'd be in the top 8.

His "grit tonight" is exactly what stopped him making the top 8. :unsure:

Nicholls, Lindgren, Holder and Sajfutdinov will be in as the four nominated riders

1. Nicki Pedersen

2. Jason Crump

3. Tomasz Gollob

4. Greg Hancock

5. Hans Andersen

6. Leigh Adams

7. Andreas Jonsson

8. Rune Holta

9. Kenneth Bjerre

10. Sebastian Ulamek

11. Greg Walasek

12. Scott Nicholls

13. Fredrik Lindgren

14. Chris Holder

15. Emil Sajfutdinov

That list makes sense to me, depending on any retirees (although Gollob appears to have already confirmed his 2009 participation).

Ok, Walasek & Ulamek have qualified, but I wonder what they will really add to the series. Personally I am dissapointed that Hampel is not in, but if you don't qualify.....

Holder, Nicholls plus Team Rickardsson of Lindback and Sajfutdinov.

Sorry Freddie :(

Interesting thoughts of Team TRick. They might go with one but Lindback back in the GP's so quickly? Think he needs one more year out before he comes back in.

Holder, Nicholls plus Team Rickardsson of Lindback and Sajfutdinov.

Sorry Freddie :(

No show nio Lindback are you serious. :blink:

With his catalogue of sob stories he should be on x factor.

Interesting thoughts of Team TRick. They might go with one but Lindback back in the GP's so quickly? Think he needs one more year out before he comes back in.

I agree it'd be strange choice, but trust me its gonna be a strange winter ;)

Wouldn't consider Harris in a onth of Sundays. Completely out of his depth and sorry to see. that Cardiff win was clearly a fluke.

I would go with one Brit in Nicholls. There isn't anyone else who can fill the second spot at the moment. Give it a coule of years and we might have but not for 2009.

Give the extra place to a foriegner who can at least challege for some points.

I find myself agreeing here Steve, a year or maybe even 2 out of the GP's might do Chris some good, getting back to basics & rebuilding, he's still young enough to come back stronger.

By then we may have 1 or 2 others that are ready too.

My 4 are

Nicholls

Lindgren

Saifutdinov

Holder.

Though i do think Holder may turn down an invitation based on what he has said previously, not sure.

......and yes, this really is me

Edited by colincooke

nicholls must be a wild card. he is what, 9th in the world? he is by far and large the best brit out there and mixes it in the gps with the big boys.

kennett in the gps? dont make me laugh! harris a wild card? LOL. what planet do some of you chaps live on ??

wild cards should definately be nicholls, emil the russian, and 2 of hampel, iversen, zagar and lindgren.

holders already said hes not ready and emil the russian is a much better talent than him IMO. done him twice in the last 2 u21s.

Goodness me, alll these folk agreeing Scott should be in.

We want a debate, bring back Sub :lol::wink:

1) Probably

2) Probably

3) I think I'm right in saying that if he's in th GP that would mean if he chose to ride in Britain he'd come in on an 8, which would probably put paid to him coming over, for a while at least. He could quite possibly achieve an 8 point average, but he certainly wouldn't be as good value as he would be on 4 or 5

4) From a selfish point of view I seriously hope not.

5) I would imagine they wan t2 brits so it will probably go to Harris or Richardson, although they might Ed Kennett a try.

I agree with that, i hope they don't give one to holder. As much as i love watching him ride, i fear he could get burnt out. Unless he drops riding a league in poland or sweden.

Edited by lisa-colette

nicholls must be a wild card. he is what, 9th in the world? he is by far and large the best brit out there and mixes it in the gps with the big boys.

kennett in the gps? dont make me laugh! harris a wild card? LOL. what planet do some of you chaps live on ??

wild cards should definately be nicholls, emil the russian, and 2 of hampel, iversen, zagar and lindgren.

holders already said hes not ready and emil the russian is a much better talent than him IMO. done him twice in the last 2 u21s.

im pretty sure hampel wont get one when there's already 3 or 4 Poles. The same with Iversen 3 danes already and what motivates 4-5 and 4 danes and 1-2 swedes?

He probably will be in as the token Brit . Satsumanov and Holder should be certs . Lindgren will probably get another chance .

Hampel would be a more deserving case than Nicholls , but there are already 4 Poles in next years GPs - so the token Brit it will be then . :rolleyes:

I find myself agreeing here Steve, a year or maybe even 2 out of the GP's might do Chris some good, getting back to basics & rebuilding, he's still young enough to come back stronger.

By then we may have 1 or 2 others that are ready too.

My 4 are

Nicholls

Lindgren

Saifutdinov

Holder.

Though i do think Holder may turn down an invitation based on what he has said previously, not sure.

......and yes, this really is me

I am sure in the local media he said if they nominated him, he would accept it. But he doesn't think he's ready for the financial side of it.

I am sure in the local media he said if they nominated him, he would accept it. But he doesn't think he's ready for the financial side of it.

That's what i thought, thanks.