British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
beesbarmyarmy

Wild Cards For 09

I agree with that, i hope they don't give one to holder. As much as i love watching him ride, i fear he could get burnt out. Unless he drops riding a league in poland or sweden.

...or Britain :unsure::rolleyes:

After Emil beat him to the U21 title Holder said he was going to try to make it into the GPs, as he's no longer eligible for the U21s.

After Emil beat him to the U21 title Holder said he was going to try to make it into the GPs, as he's no longer eligible for the U21s.

By qualifying, which would mean no gp's next year.

Nicholls, Lindgren, Sajfutdinov, Holder.

Nicholls although will probably never win a GP is clearly of a better standard than we've seen in the GPs before, now this side is coming out of him I reckon he should have 2009 and if he does not make the top 8 by merit, he should be out full stop.

Lindgren is not a rider I like or rate but I reckon they'll want 2 Swedes and Fredrik is next in line, could make a bigger impact on the series next year.

Sajfutdinov, I do not need to justify the choice.

Holder said previously he's not ready for the financial side, a rider like him surely in the GPs would get some decent sponsorship and it wouldn't take long for him to start racking up some impressive scores, brilliant rider who deserves a place.

I know 2 Brits will be wanted for Sky and Cardiff but no others are good enough. Unless we just claim Crump is British due to being born here and advertise this at every possible oppurtunity :unsure::wink:(I am joking btw!!)

Edited by tigerblues

i would give one to bjarne if he`s changed his mind missed out on a top 8 fair enough but had he not got injured then surely he would of made the top 8 by rights was cruelly stopped of making the final at cardiff and has pedigree in the gp`s if people say no chance then all i can say is the same for nicholls he too seems to rely on getting a wildcard pick so hopefully bjarne will change his mind if approached !

i would give one to bjarne if he`s changed his mind missed out on a top 8 fair enough but had he not got injured then surely he would of made the top 8 by rights was cruelly stopped of making the final at cardiff and has pedigree in the gp`s if people say no chance then all i can say is the same for nicholls he too seems to rely on getting a wildcard pick so hopefully bjarne will change his mind if approached !

But there's already 3 danes in it next year, so i don't think bjarne will get nominated.

But there's already 3 danes in it next year, so i don't think bjarne will get nominated.

well theres four poles

Goodness me, alll these folk agreeing Scott should be in.

We want a debate, bring back Sub :lol::wink:

Subs fine where he is and so is the Global Superstar,who will get one of next years GP picks.As others have said Sajfutdinov & Holder should get the other two.The last is a choice is between Pedersen,Pavlic,Lingren.

Nicholls, Lindgren, Holder and Sajfutdinov, will be the four nominated GP riders.

But scrap the 'Wildcard' and add another rider instead. Wildcards have been a complete waste of time this year. It's better to have 16 riders competing for the World Championship.

Then you could add Chris Harris or Pavlic instead.

no don`t bring back nicholls think he`s a complete t**t :lol:

Well thought out arguement there. :blink:

What happens if Hancock drops out his comments during interview last night wasnt exactly full of commitment.

Nicholls, Lindgren, Holder and Sajfutdinov will be in as the four nominated riders

1. Nicki Pedersen

2. Jason Crump

3. Tomasz Gollob

4. Greg Hancock

5. Hans Andersen

6. Leigh Adams

7. Andreas Jonsson

8. Rune Holta

9. Kenneth Bjerre

10. Sebastian Ulamek

11. Greg Walasek

12. Scott Nicholls

13. Fredrik Lindgren

14. Chris Holder

15. Emil Sajfutdinov

This looks like the best field available.

I'd def go with Nicholls, Holder, Lindgren and Saifutdinov.

FWIW, I agree that wildcards should be dropped. Iversen would be a fifth pick for me.

I would expect Emil in as he has been pretty awesome the last 2 seasons and I wouldnt be at all surprised to find a Russian GP on the calender in the near future so building up interest over there may be the way to go......

well theres four poles

Well they have all qualified! :wink: Maybe bjarne should change his nationality, he may get in then!! :wink::lol:

I hope Jonas is given the nod as the final Swede. He does seem to be able to turn it on when it matters.

Give Freddie another year and he'll qualify by right.

Wouldn't put Emil or Holder in, sure their talented riders but only in their age range. I'd prefer to see Harris and Rune given another go.