Jonsson

Bjerre

Saifudtinov

Lindgren

Nicholls

Walasek

Harris

Ulamek

I don't think anyone can argue that the GP competition is stagnating, and I think it will be a battle of the two top Danes. I suspect that Hans will finally have the consistency this year to challenge Nicki, but it will be close. I think that elsewhere the interest will be to see how the new boys fare. A fully-fit Bjerre could improve his form (which, in 2008, was solid rather than spectacular at EL level) and cause a few surprises, and I'll be watching Saifudtinov with interest. I fear he may have entered GPs a season too early, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in my rating.

Of course, we need more new blood, and we can only hope that the likes of Holder (next season?), Pavlic and Woffinden will be able to provide it in time.

1. Jason Crump

2. Nicki Pedersen

3. Hans Andersen

4. Tomasz Gollob

5. Andreas Jonsson

6. Greg Hancock

7. Leigh Adams

8. Scott Nicholls

9. Fredrik Lindgren

10. Rune Holta

11. Kenneth Bjerre

12. Chris Harris

13. Emil Saifutdinov

14. Grzegorz Walasek

15. Sebastian Ulamek

Discuss...

No!

1 Crump (he will be hurting after the last couple of seasons)

2 Pedersen

3 Andersen

4 Jonsson (funny character, could make top 3, or maybe could only finish around 10th) but going for quite a strong year

5 Hancock

6 Gollob

7 Adams

8 & 9 Nicholls or Sajfutdinov

10 Holta

11 Lindgren

12 Harris

13 Bjerre

14 Walasek

15 Ulamek

1 Crump (he will be hurting after the last couple of seasons)

2 Pedersen

3 Andersen

4 Jonsson (funny character, could make top 3, or maybe could only finish around 10th) but going for quite a strong year

5 Hancock

6 Gollob

7 Adams

8 & 9 Nicholls or Sajfutdinov

10 Holta

11 Lindgren

12 Harris

13 Bjerre

14 Walasek

15 Ulamek

i was looking forward to the gps unlike some i really enjoy them. however looking at all the predictions i realise it could be a boring year results wise.the top 6 pick themselves with pedersen and crump top 2 aj at 7 unless he can become more consistant which is possible. nicholls and holta battling for 8 and 9 with maybe lindgren. sajfutdinov and bjerre next because they will lack consistancy and harris walasek and ulamek filling the bottom 3 places.

i was looking forward to the gps unlike some i really enjoy them. however looking at all the predictions i realise it could be a boring year results wise.the top 6 pick themselves with pedersen and crump top 2 aj at 7 unless he can become more consistant which is possible. nicholls and holta battling for 8 and 9 with maybe lindgren. sajfutdinov and bjerre next because they will lack consistancy and harris walasek and ulamek filling the bottom 3 places.

It's hard to look past Nicki and Crumpy, nut I'd like to see both Gollob and Adams win it before they retire. They are right up there with the best riders never to win world titles. There is no greater sight in speedway than Gollob in full flight,and Adams has just been so good in so many leagues for so long. Saijfutdinov will surprise a few, he might struggle on smaller temporary tracks, but don't forget he won a world U21 round at Rye House a couple of years ago, in a field that included Tai Woffinden, in terrible conditions. We'll see

1. GOLLOB

2. PEDERSEN

3. ADAMS

4. HANCOCK

5. ANDERSEN

6. CRUMP

7. JONSSON

8. SAJFUTDINOV

9. HOLTA

10. LINDGREN

11. NICHOLLS

12. WALASEK

13. BJERRE

14. ULAMEK

15. HARRIS

Although i would love to see Hancock be world champion again. I think Pedersen,Crump and Andersen will be battling for the top spot! :approve:

1. Nicki Pedersen

2. Hans Andersen

3. Jason Crump

4. Greg Hancock

5. Andras Jonsson

6. Leigh Adams

7. Gollob

8. Fredrik Lindgren

9. Holta

10. Nicholls

11. Emil S

12. Ulamek

13. Walasek

14. Harris

15. Bjerre

i think that lack of GP experience will make the newcomers struggle although they surely will while Lindgren who will do his second year

will benfit from that he had a full gp season last year.

I also hope/believe this is the last year we see the 3 "old boys" Leigh, Greg and Tomasz. its time for them to let go.

It's hard to look past Nicki and Crumpy, nut I'd like to see both Gollob and Adams win it before they retire. They are right up there with the best riders never to win world titles.

Though I guess (very) old-timers could have an argument for Jack Parker and especially Vic Duggan, there's really no doubt now that empirically (on the number of WC rostrum positions without ever finishing on top of it.. :cry: ), Gollob IS the best rider NEVER to be World Champ. :neutral:

Without the GPs he'd have two or three titles to his name for sure... I really hope, as you say, he can finally win the World title, he (and Poland as a whole) so deserves...

Though I guess (very) old-timers could have an argument for Jack Parker and especially Vic Duggan, there's really no doubt now that empirically (on the number of WC rostrum positions without ever finishing on top of it.. :cry: ), Gollob IS the best rider NEVER to be World Champ. :neutral:

Without the GPs he'd have two or three titles to his name for sure... I really hope, as you say, he can finally win the World title, he (and Poland as a whole) so deserves...

But you could say that about for instance Tom Farndon...if it was a World Championship in those days and of course especially if it was held at New Cross being something of a one track pony,as someone who saw him in action hinted at recently....not that you would agree Norbold :wink:if........

Edited by iris123

I think Sajfudinov is going to be up there in the top 5 next year. I know its his first season in GPs but hes got so much talent and a joy to watch when ive seen him on the Polish speedway website. Cant wait to see him at Cardiff.

heres a prediction for ya sajfudinov may well be a future gp star or even world champ but hes first time at cardiff he will be lucky to get 5.it may be exciting but it aint speedway as it should be more like hang on and hope

1. GOLLOB

2. PEDERSEN

3. ADAMS

4. HANCOCK

5. ANDERSEN

6. CRUMP

7. JONSSON

8. SAJFUTDINOV

9. HOLTA

10. LINDGREN

11. NICHOLLS

12. WALASEK

13. BJERRE

14. ULAMEK

15. HARRIS

gollob clinches it in the final race and then retires.what a night in bydgoszcz that would be

Heres mine:

1. Crump

2. Pedersen

3. Adams

4. Gollob

5. Anderson

6. Sajfutdinov

7. Jonsson

8. Hancock

9. Holta

10. Nicholls

11. Lindgren

12. Bjerre

13. Harris

14. Walasek

15. Ullamek

Although i would love to see Hancock be world champion again. I think Pedersen,Crump and Andersen will be battling for the top spot! :approve:

It's a miracle - you mentioned 3 names and none of them were Rymel, Doolan or Roynon!

;)

gollob clinches it in the final race and then retires.what a night in bydgoszcz that would be

Now that would be a real fitting climax to the GP series!.

Although i still feel that if any man deserves to win a world championship

its Leigh Adams. And i still feel that Scott Nicholls CAN finish in the top 6!!.

Some of his performances and form last season was very good, he's just

got to believe in himself, continue to show controlled agression in his races,

and remember, there's four laps to a race, he hasn't got to do it all in the first lap,

he's more than capable of winning races from the back!!.

Although in the back of my mind, there.s a man called Pedersen, who will still

take a hell of a lot of Shifting!!.

Edited by Starman2006