British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AndyP

Tom P Madsen Testimonial

Looks a decent and competitive line up!

GRAND Prix star Kenneth Bjerre is the latest big name to be included in the line-up for Tom P. Madsen’s Testimonial at King’s Lynn next month.

Good addition to the line up, just needs Kenneth to smooth over his contract issues with the Panthers promotion now.

Is John Oliver still coming over from Oz for this now that he has decided to stay home?

I had heard he wouldn't be coming over until later in the season, but I guess you never know.

Is John Oliver still coming over from Oz for this now that he has decided to stay home?

i dont somehow think so do you ??? :blink::blink::unsure:

i dont somehow think so do you ??? :blink::blink::unsure:

No, but there have been an update posted on here as to who will be in the event and his name is still being shown as though he will, it was brought to light that he wasn'tvcoming over on the 12th

Just seen elsewhere J-Lo won't be coming over until later in the season due to personal reasons.

but then on here we read

GRAND Prix star Kenneth Bjerre is the latest big name to be included in the line-up for Tom P. Madsen's Testimonial at King's Lynn next month.

And joining the Dane in the event at the Norfolk Arena on Friday, March 20, is Madsen's former Reading team-mate, Mark Lemon.

"I'll have the Testimonial race bibs on display, plus also a range of merchandise available to buy."

TOM P. MADSEN TESTIMONIAL

NORFOLK ARENA, KING'S LYNN

FRIDAY MARCH 20, 7.30pm

RIDERS ANNOUNCED SO FAR: ULRICH OSTERGAARD, DARCY WARD, NIELS K IVERSEN, JOHN OLIVER, TRAVIS McGOWAN, JAN GRAVERSEN, SHANE PARKER, CHRIS SCHRAMM, KENNETH BJERRE, MARK LEMON

which was a day and a half after it had come to light he wasn't coming over.

So I'm sure you can see why I was asking the question,

Edited by drvortexz

TWO IN AND TWO OUT FOR TOM P

TOM P. Madsen’s Testimonial plans have been boosted with the addition of Australian World Cup star Davey Watt to the line-up.

And joining the Eastbourne rider for the event at the Norfolk Arena on Friday, March 20 is King’s Lynn’s winter recruit, Christian Henry.

Watt has made terrific progress in the sport in the past couple of seasons, which included attaining heat-leader status in Poole’s Elite League Championship winning team last year.

Meanwhile, Henry has been plying his trade with Newcastle in the Premier League for the past three years, but the Aussie is hoping a close season move to the Stars will further help the progression of his promising career.

Madsen spoke on the latest two additions to the line-up. He said: “I’m really happy to have both Davey and Christian on board. They are two riders whose careers are very much on the up.

“I rode with Davey at King’s Lynn in 2003 and he’s since gone onto make a very good career for himself in the Elite League. He’s also done very well to establish himself in the Australian World Cup team.

“Also, Christian did well for Newcastle last season and I think he can do even better with King’s Lynn this year. I think he’ll be a big favourite with the Lynn supporters”

Unfortunately Madsen did receive some bad news this week with the double withdrawal of the previously announced Shane Parker and John Oliver.

Madsen said: “Shane contacted me to say that Glasgow have now arranged a Fans Forum for the same night and despite trying everything he could to sort something out, he has had to withdraw from the meeting.

“Also, John emailed me from Australia to say he wouldn’t be coming over to England this season after all.

“He was due to line-up for King’s Lynn again this year but is now stopping at home as his partner is expecting a baby. I fully understand his situation though and wish him and his girlfriend all the best.

“Despite those couple of set-backs this week things are still coming together very nicely. Everything is almost done organisation wise.

“Having said that, there are still a few sponsorship packages available. If anyone is interested please contact us by telephone or email.

“The big day will soon be here now and I’m just counting down the days. Hopefully the weather will be on my side and we can have a night to remember.”

NORFOLK ARENA, KING’S LYNN

FRIDAY MARCH 20, 7.30pm

RIDERS ANNOUNCED SO FAR: ULRICH OSTERGAARD, DARCY WARD, NIELS K IVERSEN, TRAVIS McGOWAN, JAN GRAVERSEN, CHRIS SCHRAMM, KENNETH BJERRE, MARK LEMON, DAVEY WATT, CHRISTIAN HENRY

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON SPONSORSHIP CONTACT: E-Mail: madsenracing@live.co.uk - Telephone: 07916 696 563

Edited by AndyP

Bjerre, Fit and Raring to Go

Panthers no 1 Kenneth Bjerre has declared himself "fit and raring' to go" ahead of the 2009 season.

Bjerre had an important hospital visit in his native Denmark on Friday 20/02/09 to assess his leg following the operation in November to replace metalwork to aid recovery to his broken femur.

The rider had ridden for half of the 2008 season with his leg pinned following a crash in the Danish Championships and despite riding with a pin inserted and at times in considerable pain, the bones were failing to knit together properly. But the signs are now good and everything is appearing to heal well.

Kenneth Bjerre said: "The doctors tell me I now have 100% use of my leg, it is stronger than it will ever be, it's the best news possible and now I can commence going to the gym and get myself in good shape for the forthcoming season. I can't wait for the season to start, we have a great side this year at Peterborough and I want to win the league".

Bjerre called Promoter Mick Bratley within minutes of leaving hospital in Denmark and Mick Bratley said: "I think this has been more of a concern to Kenneth than he has been letting on. I had my suspicions he was worried, but this is great news for all concerned, he will be integral to any success we may achieve next season

No, but there have been an update posted on here as to who will be in the event and his name is still being shown as though he will, it was brought to light that he wasn'tvcoming over on the 12th

but then on here we read

which was a day and a half after it had come to light he wasn't coming over.

So I'm sure you can see why I was asking the question,

It is very confusing.

TOP BRIT TO RIDE FOR TOM

GRAND Prix star Scott Nicholls will be one of the big names to turn out for Tom P. Madsen’s Testimonial at King’s Lynn next month.

The Great Britain international joins an ever-expanding cosmopolitan field for the event at the Norfolk Arena on Friday, March 20.

Nicholls has elected to give the British Elite League a miss in 2009, so his appearance for Madsen’s big night will be one of the few chances supporters will get to see the British skipper on these shores this year.

The 30-year-old will ride in league action in both Sweden and Poland this season and has vowed to use the resulting extra spare time to fully-focus on the World Championship Grand Prix series.

Madsen was obviously delighted to be able to include the popular Brit for his big night. He said: “Things have been going extremely well for my meeting anyway, but to be able to include Scott is a big boost and is really the icing on the cake.

“He’s the British number one, skipper of his country and also one of the top riders in the world. They don’t come much bigger than Scott.

“It’s a great honour to have him on board.”

NORFOLK ARENA, KING’S LYNN

FRIDAY MARCH 20, 7.30pm

RIDERS ANNOUNCED SO FAR: ULRICH OSTERGAARD, DARCY WARD, NIELS K IVERSEN, TRAVIS McGOWAN, JAN GRAVERSEN, CHRIS SCHRAMM, KENNETH BJERRE, MARK LEMON, DAVEY WATT, CHRISTIAN HENRY, SCOTT NICHOLLS

ADMISSION PRICES: ADULTS £14.00, CONCESSIONS £11.00, KIDS (12-15) £6.00 AND KIDS (11-AND-UNDER) FREE

PROGRAMME (32 PAGE, FULL COLOUR) £3.00

50/50 RAFFLE DRAW, ALONG WITH THE AUCTIONING OF RACE JACKETS IN THE BAR AFTER THE MEETING

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON SPONSORSHIP CONTACT: E-Mail: madsenracing@live.co.uk - Telephone: 07916 696 563

Edited by AndyP

can anyone help me with the post code for the stadium so i can program the sat nav before i make the trip

many thanks

For those who have missed this, there is a coach going from Reading to Kings Lynn for Tom Ps Testimonial, if you are interested @ £15pp return please e mail wingingit@live.co.uk

All we need to know at the moment is name, contact e mail / phone number / and number of seats needed.