British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cliv Clav

Bydgoszcz Gp

I am considering going to the Bydgoszcz GP for the first time this seaason.

I was wondering if people could help with a few questions:

Recommended and fairly cheap hotels close to the centre of Bydgoszcz?

What area is best to stay in? Would be nice to do a few bars and nightclubs whilst out there.

How do you travel from the airport to the City centre?

Is the track within walking distance from the City centre?

Is the practice on Friday open to the general public? If so, what time does it take place?

Where is best place to buy tickets from?

Where would you recommend to watch from in the Stadium?

Thanks everyone! :)

Recommended and fairly cheap hotels close to the centre of Bydgoszcz?

What area is best to stay in? Would be nice to do a few bars and nightclubs whilst out there.

How do you travel from the airport to the City centre?

Is the track within walking distance from the City centre?

Is the practice on Friday open to the general public? If so, what time does it take place?

Where is best place to buy tickets from?

Where would you recommend to watch from in the Stadium?

we stayed in the ikar hotel last year which was cheap but clean i would well recommend but you may have trouble getting a room. although its a way out it is walkable and taxis are dirt cheap. this year were staying at the focus hotel which is even cheaper and has been recommended.

taxi from airport is cheap to wherever in bydy

if you check a map of bydy hotels you will see the track is walkable to. the ikar was about as far as you could be last year but we had no problems walking or by taxi

no info about the practice

we got our tickets last year off speedway world website but it was a nightmare. hopefully this year they sort it and you can pay by credit card. there were tickets for sale on the day at the ticket office but this could be a bit risky with this being the last one. especially if the title up for grabs

we were just before the first bend and had a good view. would recommend you get numbered seats. if you get unreserved seats you may have to fight the poles to get a good seat

plenty of eating and drinking places not sure on nightclubs. we are thinking of spending the sunday day and night at torun on advice of friends

if you need more info just ask

Edited by bruno

The practice on Friday is open for public and entrance is free. It'll start at 15:00.

If you are in Bydgoszcz on Friday it shouldn't be any problem with buying tickets at the ticket offices.

The best place to watch the meeting and feel its atmosphere is the back straight - but you should be at the stadium few hours before the meeting to get quite good places.

Edited by Mama

The practice on Friday is open for public and entrance is free. It'll start at 15:00.

If you are in Bydgoszcz on Friday it shouldn't be any problem with buying tickets at the ticket offices.

The best place to watch the meeting and feel its atmosphere is the back straight - but you should be at the stadium few hours before the meeting to get quite good places.

When I went the Poles were queing at 12.00 to get the best seats which they then reserve with huge flags!!!

Reserved seating is the way to go mate.

Recommended and fairly cheap hotels close to the centre of Bydgoszcz? I think you may struggle as hotels fill up very quickly.

What area is best to stay in? Would be nice to do a few bars and nightclubs whilst out there. We stayed miles out in a place I forget now!! We did have Grg and Scott staying at our hotel though.

How do you travel from the airport to the City centre? We flew to Gdansk and got a train across. Its quite a nice journey.

Is the track within walking distance from the City centre? Yes

Is the practice on Friday open to the general public? If so, what time does it take place? Yes 15.00 free entry

Where is best place to buy tickets from? Online when they go on sale

Where would you recommend to watch from in the Stadium? Just make sure you get reserved seats unless you want to be in hours before the start.

Recommended and fairly cheap hotels close to the centre of Bydgoszcz? I think you may struggle as hotels fill up very quickly.

What area is best to stay in? Would be nice to do a few bars and nightclubs whilst out there. We stayed miles out in a place I forget now!! We did have Grg and Scott staying at our hotel though.

How do you travel from the airport to the City centre? We flew to Gdansk and got a train across. Its quite a nice journey.

Is the track within walking distance from the City centre? Yes

Is the practice on Friday open to the general public? If so, what time does it take place? Yes 15.00 free entry

Where is best place to buy tickets from? Online when they go on sale

Where would you recommend to watch from in the Stadium? Just make sure you get reserved seats unless you want to be in hours before the start.

Decided to go to the final round and quite like your idea of flying into Gdansk - too many hidden charges with Ryanair now with a flight direct into Bydgoszcz. Can you tell me how long the train takes and any other info regarding the trip?

Many thanks...

Decided to go to the final round and quite like your idea of flying into Gdansk - too many hidden charges with Ryanair now with a flight direct into Bydgoszcz. Can you tell me how long the train takes and any other info regarding the trip?

You can search for train times in English on the Polish railways site : http://rozklad-pkp.pl/?q=en

Gdansk to Bydgoszcz usually takes a little over 2 hours.

We flew to Gdansk and got train to Bydgoszcz few years ago, like Henry said takes about 2 hours, just be careful though there was different trains, one which stopped at every stop and one that only stopped couple of times, we got that one.

"but this could be a bit risky with this being the last one. especially if the title up for grabs"

Don't worry, the winner will be known weeks before the racing takes place!

Thanks all, this is working out to be quite good value - train timetable is very handy thank you. From my experience with Leszno recall the trains are quite cheap (although did share with cattle and sheep). Is the stadium likely to sell out?

Appreciate your assistance planning this trip - can feel the atmosphere already.

In the process of sorting all the logistics, there are numerous permutations - narrowed it down to Gdansk or Poznan, might even do in one out the other. Can someone please advise what time the meeting starts?

Many thanks...

In the process of sorting all the logistics, there are numerous permutations - narrowed it down to Gdansk or Poznan, might even do in one out the other. Can someone please advise what time the meeting starts?

Many thanks...

7pm local time i would think

Many thanks...

Start times of league matches are usually announced not earlier than 2-3 weeks before. And it can be anything from 4 pm till 8 pm. Usually in September or October they start rather earlier (about 4 pm) than later because of the low temperature.

Edited by Mateusz