British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
IW08

"super 7" Events

it certainally is and am please it is on that weekend as i am away the 2 before it with a bit of luck

Yeah next thing to do is check my shift for that date and swap it if nessersary!!!

So much for the idea to hold the events at "neutral" tracks.

Yes i agree with you there.I too thought they was meant to hold these events on neutral tracks.

So the favourites for each event would be the home track riders i assume.

Whats wrong with say the PL pairs running at Coventry where every rider has to suss out the set ups.

Excellent news to see Poole getting the British Final. It could be a repeat of the NYC and those that attended know what a great meeting that was.

So much for the idea to hold the events at "neutral" tracks.

Unfortunately the idea in 2007 of running these events at "neutral" tracks led to poor monetary returns in comparison to previous years, hence why they were moved away in 2008 and again in 2009

Its an age old argument but I would prefer to see the shared events on neutral soil. And even if they don't pay why not share them around a bit?

Was the ELRC of last season that much of a disaster that it had to be given back to an EL track? You can understand why the PL pairs is at Somerset with Cardiff happening the next day but why not let someone else hold the Fours or the PLRC if its not going to be an EL track?

Seems a bit daft to me.

Was the ELRC of last season that much of a disaster that it had to be given back to an EL track?

It would have been good to have seen the ELRC back at Birmingham, unfortunately the promoter there wanted too much for staging it this year.

Also, the PL4's two years ago was great at Pboro. Racing during the day, relax in the sun...

Was packed too, so cant see where they werent getting the money in return.

Went to swindon when it was the PLRC and i agree, was pretty dismal crowd, but it was on a sunday evening, cold & a car crash on one of the main motorways.

Neutral tracks for me too :)

Yes i agree with you there.I too thought they was meant to hold these events on neutral tracks.

So the favourites for each event would be the home track riders i assume.

Whats wrong with say the PL pairs running at Coventry where every rider has to suss out the set ups.

Long way to Cardiff for the following days GP?!

Why or why have the bspa given Workington the fours, just why. They might as well just hand Workington the 4 team trophy now.

Not so sure your right there Sue.

Last year the PL pairs at Somerset was by far the meeting of the year for me & many others too.

If you're going to Cardiff get there a day early cos this one is a cracker. :approve:

I probably didn't explain that too well mate :rolleyes: .... I meant out of the EL riders and EL Pairs and British final... Poole have got the best deal...remember last year's EL riders farce...

We've got the EL riders on the 2nd October when they're all knackered / injured .. :blink:

Long way to Cardiff for the following days GP?!

you dont have to hold the P L Pairs the day before Cardiff , Stage it at Coventry some other time, I'm all for neutral venues

you dont have to hold the P L Pairs the day before Cardiff , Stage it at Coventry some other time, I'm all for neutral venues

but financially its good for the sport.

Never been to Somerset before Cardiff personally, as that is valuable drnking time, but I guess its very well attendd.

Edited by Sandie

but financially its good for the sport.

Never been to Somerset before Cardiff personally, as that is valuable drnking time, but I guess its very well attendd.

if you want it to be financially good for the sport hold it at Newport so mch closer to Cardiff . but I would rather it be neutral