British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andout

Sayfutdinov Or Sajfutdinov...which Is Correct?

Even the FIM on their site has his name spelled both ways......anyone know FOR SURE the correct spelling of his name?

Even the FIM on their site has his name spelled both ways......anyone know FOR SURE the correct spelling of his name?

The correct way of spelling his name is in Russian and they have a different alphabet to ours. Therefore, both translations into our alphabet are acceptable.

All the best

Rob

go onto facebook and look how emil spells it himself

The correct way of spelling his name is in Russian and they have a different alphabet to ours. Therefore, both translations into our alphabet are acceptable.

All the best

Rob

Indeed so, the cyrillic alphabet. Just as Chinese and Japanese names are often translated with different spellings too, for example.

It's weird - his own website spells it with a "y", and Wikipedia has a totally different spelling with an "i" !! Personally, I think the "j" looks best !! :approve::lol:

I believe his passport says "Emil Sayfutdinov", its what was poste don another thread recently.

I believe his passport says "Emil Sayfutdinov", its what was poste don another thread recently.

His Russian or Polish one? :wink:

Sayfutdinov, look at his website :wink:

Edited by RocketBen1

Indeed so, the cyrillic alphabet. Just as Chinese and Japanese names are often translated with different spellings too, for example.

is he chinese :lol: still need a face for sarcasm i think it would prove very popular on this site

SAYFUTDINOV

or the Polish version of this Russian surname - Sajfutdinow.

Both versions are correct but only these two ones - not Saifutdinov or Sajfutdinov or any other combination of i,j,y,v,w :P But on the internet (on facebook and nasza-klasa.pl) Emil uses this first version, that's the one he's got in his passport.

SAYFUTDINOV

or the Polish version of this Russian surname - Sajfutdinow.

Both versions are correct but only these two ones - not Saifutdinov or Sajfutdinov or any other combination of i,j,y,v,w :P But on the internet (on facebook and nasza-klasa.pl) Emil uses this first version, that's the one he's got in his passport.

Nonsense. Any translation from the Russian alphabet into ours is acceptable. You can't say certain translations are correct and others are not. It doesn't work like that.

All the best

Rob

Nonsense. Any translation from the Russian alphabet into ours is acceptable. You can't say certain translations are correct and others are not. It doesn't work like that.

All the best

Rob

That is right....it is all down to the country and i would imagine the translator at times.......in britain they use "v" but in germany it is usually "w".......i can't see anything wrong with using an "i" instead of a "y" or "j".So Saifutdinov or Saifutdinow would also be correct translations.....but if he prefers one spelling then i guess that should be used