British Speedway Forum

Yeah,

People who live in Birmingham are dodgy characters :rolleyes:

Just from memory to name some...

Ward on Johnston in Heat 1.

Sundstrom around Topinka.

Fisher around Grieves.

Proctor I seem to remember rounding someone.

Proctor also went from nearly 2nd to the back.

The Somerset pair between them must have had about 5 or 6.

I'm sure there is a few more that I missed, but that is roughly about 10 already.

Rymel and Doolan round Tully 3rd bend superb stuff. most of the heats the racing was real close.

It was my first time at the Oak tree and i think the track was brilliant id have no complaints with Somerset having the Pairs in 2010. :approve:

firstly sorry i'm so late, i would just like say how unlucky it was for both king's lynn and workington who were the best sides on the night and should both be in the final (coming from a somerset fan).

also i feel that that in semi-finals there shouldn't be any disqualifications i mean it takes the fun out of it, birmingham didn't deseve to get to the semi(no offense) let alone the final, meanwhile in the other semi we beat worky fairly although they were still the better side.

finally can i say how disgusted i was with the birmingham support who came and barged my uncle out of the way saying "oi this is the place for the winners" then took the mick when we were chanting rebel rebel, when they sounded like a bunch of apes trying to chant something (couldn't even work out what it was) we didn't take the mick.

Birmingham deserved to win end of story.

Your problem with their fans is yours and yours alone. :blink:

firstly sorry i'm so late, i would just like say how unlucky it was for both king's lynn and workington who were the best sides on the night and should both be in the final (coming from a somerset fan).

also i feel that that in semi-finals there shouldn't be any disqualifications i mean it takes the fun out of it, birmingham didn't deseve to get to the semi(no offense) let alone the final, meanwhile in the other semi we beat worky fairly although they were still the better side.

finally can i say how disgusted i was with the birmingham support who came and barged my uncle out of the way saying "oi this is the place for the winners" then took the mick when we were chanting rebel rebel, when they sounded like a bunch of apes trying to chant something (couldn't even work out what it was) we didn't take the mick.

How can you say Birmingham didn't deserve the win :shock: When Ward's inexperience got the better of him and he knocked off Jason Lyons , he was in 4th place . He might have eventually got past Jason , we will never know . But Jason is such a wily old campaigner , getting past him wouldn't have been easy .

You obviously have just got it in for the Brummies , no way were they undeserving winners .

I reckon Somerset were undeserving winners of the 2008 KOC. :rolleyes::shock::lol:

Cut the sour grapes Start Line Kid.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Unfortunately our superb performance in the group stage counted for nothing in the Re-run of the semi final. other wise you never no what would of happened in the final>>>...

Guess we cant win them all, But fair play to Birmingham they came strong in the end and were deserving winners.

How can you say Birmingham didn't deserve the win :shock: When Ward's inexperience got the better of him and he knocked off Jason Lyons , he was in 4th place . He might have eventually got past Jason , we will never know . But Jason is such a wily old campaigner , getting past him wouldn't have been easy .

You obviously have just got it in for the Brummies , no way were they undeserving winners .

i'm not saying they didn't deserve it i'm saying they had luck on their side anyone can see that with parker in glasgow would be there and also i'm saying that king's lynn and worky were the better teams i have not got it in for birmingham at all as i live in brum myself

How many were real racing passes Najjer? And how many were finding a little more pace down the straight. The meeting was not filled with great passing. As i mentioned Johno was the only one making any real passes but thats home track knowledge for you. thats my second pairs now and i will no doubt be back in 2010.

I was speaking with Andy in the pow at Cardiff and he admitted that he left the gap open thinking he had Fish behind him only to see Doolan and Rymel go by.

Ofcourse i will be called a liar and bias etc but hey just going on what the man himself said.

So you can knock an oppenent off with impunity knowing that you will get in any rerun.

That must rank as the daftest proposal for some time.

i'm not saying they didn't deserve it i'm saying they had luck on their side anyone can see that with parker in glasgow would be there and also i'm saying that king's lynn and worky were the better teams i have not got it in for birmingham at all as i live in brum myself

It wasn't luck , it was King's Lynn's and Darcy Ward's own doing that they never reached the final . Workington rode well in the main part of the meeting , and they also got a helping hand when Shane Parker came to grief against them . In the final the Birmingham pairing controlled the race and won it well .

It wasn't luck , it was King's Lynn's and Darcy Ward's own doing that they never reached the final . Workington rode well in the main part of the meeting , and they also got a helping hand when Shane Parker came to grief against them . In the final the Birmingham pairing controlled the race and won it well .

As did every other team in that group when they met Glasgow :approve:

As did every other team in that group when they met Glasgow :approve:

Glasgow did have a major bearing on the result of the meeting, though - had Edinburgh taken a 6-3 or 7-2 against the Tigers, it would have put them out of reach of Birmingham.

But, given a slim chance of qualification, the Brummies really raised thier game and ended the meeting as deserving winners.

All the best

Rob

I think Phil needs to learn to count then. Parade laps do not count as passes :lol:

Maybe you need to post a little less on everything :rolleyes:

There were passes in Heats

4/5/6/11/13/14/15/16/18/19 and in both semi finals and the final!! 13 I make that, and in some races more than one pass. I have no intention in going through them in detail for you!

Now of course some may have been down to mistakes, some down the back straight but still genuine cases of riders pasing other riders! And that is from an absolute neutral.

As Paulco correctly states it was not as good as 2008, but after watching speedway for over 30 years, I can not remember more than a handful of meetings that were better than 2008. It was a great shame Shane Parker was injured as a fit Parker would have been excellent for the meeting. Still after heavy rain overnight and through the morning I thought it was a very good meeting and hope that the 2010 running of the PL Pairs will remain at The Oak Tree Arena.

Snyper, buy the DVD and this time watch :lol: !

The way the passing has been described is well off the mark it wasnt big sweeping runs round the outside etc. It was mainly rider error and a line on the straight. It is still a pass but not to the extent that many of been shouting about. I mean take Tully for instance leaving a gap thinking his team mate was there is hardly a spectacle to behold when two opponents use this gap to go by.

The way the passing has been described is well off the mark it wasnt big sweeping runs round the outside etc. It was mainly rider error and a line on the straight. It is still a pass but not to the extent that many of been shouting about. I mean take Tully for instance leaving a gap thinking his team mate was there is hardly a spectacle to behold when two opponents use this gap to go by.

Thanks for sort of admitting you were wrong :rolleyes::lol: