British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ashie Smashy

Nicholls And Harris

A brighter GP for Harris and at one point he looked like he may get the the semis but fell away and being beaten by our other GP failure should be embarrassment enough.

Nicholls,well how bad can it get,out gated,out classed and out of his depth.Never mind a return to the EL,I doubt whether there would be many PL sides that would take a chance on him,not even Newcastle.Nicholls career seems to be heading down hill,no EL club by choice and there are big question marks over his Polish League future.

Quite honestly it is about time Nicholls packed in the GPs.

Team GB captain and British "no1" sitting rock bottom in the standings on 5 points, and yes I know there are a lot more meetings to go, but there does not seem to be anything in his performance to give optimism.

This is the man who turned his back on his country in order to concentrate and improve his GP performance.

Yeah right, good decision, Scottie!!

Possibly he will be given the captaincy of team GB; I thought national selection and the ultimate honour of captaining your country were awarded on the basis of form and performance, in which case surely he is NOT suitable.

Time for him to quit the GPs and return to what he is; a reasonable and competent club/team rider, but NOT an "International Superstar".

All I can say Scott is sorry the door's closed.

I wish many promoters would say the same!

The only reason he is called 'British number 1' is because there's no one else! He has had this title for a while and I think it may have gone to his head. Someone needs to sit him down and say "BRITISH number one not WORLD number one" The likes of Jason Crump, Tomasz Gollob, Nicki Pedersen can afford to miss Britain, it's a risk worth taking and it's paid off for Jason. They have the class and the form to miss whatever league they choose because they are the world's best. For Nicholls to put himself in that category was a mistake from the very beginning, he just isn't in the same class. He thinks he's alot better than he actually is because of him being referred to as 'Britains best,' he was pretty mediocre last year with the EL, he's a hell of alot worse this year. He just isn't going to cut it unfortunately and he'll only really have a chance at Cardiff.

Like I said on another thread, it seems Scott needs Britain, more than Britain needs him.

If Scott isn't British number one can someone tell me who is?

my sentiments exactly no matter how bad he is , he is the best we have

On GP performances this season it's Chris Harris

On GP performances this season it's Chris Harris

So if Scott wins the British Final and Chris stays ahead of him in the GP's Who is British number one? :unsure:

So if Scott wins the British Final and Chris stays ahead of him in the GP's Who is British number one? :unsure:

Tai :lol:

Tai :lol:

Your not allowed dead heats in World speedway no more :wink:

Your not allowed dead heats in World speedway no more :wink:

They still allow Deadbeats but! :rolleyes:

Only one word to decribe messrs Harris and Nicholls - woeful, the latter in particular looking completely outclassed.

It's no wonder we are in this position, you only have to see how good our UK promoters are at nurturing foreign talent in the Premier League and how we are swamped by foreigners in the Elite League (I live in P'boro - you wont find me paying good money to watch the Danish B Team) don't the promoters get it - if we bring on home grown talent we will eventually bring success at an international stage and therefore raise the profile generally of the sport which they will benefit from.

Thank god for SkyPlus & fastforward, meant I didn't have to sit through 3 hours of that durge last night

At least last year Nicholls would win the odd race, last night he looked dire.

I reckon we should tell him to p**s off and not let him back in our league... serves him right for not starting here.

I've got to say i agree with you steve on Scott, hes been in this so many years and continualy fails.... But at least Chris looked semi-gutsy out there tonight. A properly prepared Leszno might have suited Chris.

Thats exactly it. They seem to want to prepare tracks for the 'gaters' and not real racers. So Chris will never get anywhere in the gps. Give him a track you can ride more than 1 line on and he will comfortably out-perform the 'british number one' :rolleyes:

On current form using Swedish, Polish and UK averages Lee Richardson

On current form using Swedish, Polish and UK averages Lee Richardson
hasnt lee been there done that and failed