British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DarrenCook

Gb World Cup Team

"Better to be a bridesmaid than not getting an invite to the wedding"

Adder my boy...

we had a lovely day in 2006 and previously in 1999.....the sun didnt shine but all our boys looked wonderful in their outfits, with those winners medals glistening around their necks soaked in champagne and twinkling in the floodlit sky

Remind me...

when was your big night again?

This monkey will forever be on our backs, it doesn't make our opinions mean any less.

Daniel King was useless on Thursday at Swindon. No doubt he will be better at the EoES but it still won't be enough to get GB into the Race-off yet alone the Final. If he struggles to beat young Sedgman, will he get any closer to Adams or Zagar

Edited by KiddlyKestrel

I dont care about his "past" the guy is a legend and has a great depth of knowledge - both on track and about the bikes being a highly skilled tuner.

Id still look up to him as a mentor.

You don't care about his past but you think he's legend ? if you don't care about his past how can someone be a legend :rolleyes: with logic like that Lyon might let him stand with in the pits :rolleyes:

One thing or sure with lee as mentor there knowledge of how to grow plants indoors wil be top class :lol:

Great team well done Rob Lyon someone with some guts as team manager!

The past riders have rightly gone in with the new. :approve:

Cant wait for the world cup now we have a team we know will improve in years to come.

Great team well done Rob Lyon someone with some guts as team manager!

The past riders have rightly gone in with the new. :approve:

Cant wait for the world cup now we have a team we know will improve in years to come.

Agree with you Stoney=Legend

Rob Lyon has the ability to take riders and get them to ride as a Team, there's no doubt the work he has done at Kings Lynn is tremendous, getting them to work as a Team.

This is a chance to build for the future, to be a true Team.

Agree with you Stoney=Legend

Rob Lyon has the ability to take riders and get them to ride as a Team, there's no doubt the work he has done at Kings Lynn is tremendous, getting them to work as a Team.

This is a chance to build for the future, to be a true Team.

:approve: correct im not saying we're going to win the world cup or anything like that, but our lads will gain valuble experience which will certainly help the future of british riders, Good start to the team GB job from Mr.Lyon.

no need to build for the future in a few years time because by then some new youngsters will replace this bunch and so it goes on - seen it happen in other sports. i think we might surprise a few at peterborough but whatever the ages of any rider, the team should be your strongest one and i don't think it is.

Rob Lyon deserves much credit for the team he has selected. He has stuck to his guns in terms of bringing through the younger riders into the team, and I am sure that they will respond positively, to the trust that has been placed in them. I didn't know anything about him before his appointment, but I have been impressed with him in the interviews he has given.

I think it is unfair to single out the selection of Danny King for criticism, as I don't think he will be the weakest link in the GB team at Peterborough, and I am sure that Richardson will be waiting in the wings for the Leszno play-off. The omission of Nicholls is completely justified at this moment in time, as it would not have benefited either the team, or Scott himself.

Hopefully the tracks will be prepared properly throughout the competition, so that the standard of racing lives up to expectation.

has everyone received there tickets for peterborough yet cuz im still waiting :angry:

same here :rolleyes:

danny king needs to improve no end after last nights abysmal peformance....poor gating and gifted the 6 points in 14, is to late to make changes?

Good to see Rico riding well tonight and he even passed Adams in one race,pity he aint quite good enough for team GB though :wink:

Good to see Rico riding well tonight and he even passed Adams in one race,pity he aint quite good enough for team GB though :wink:

Oh he is good enough, just not young enough apparently. :wink:

Oh he is good enough, just not young enough apparently. :wink:

I think that Rob Lyon does have his own vision, but hope he is not arrogant enough to never backtrack.

I believe we have a disaster of a team to watch this World Cup. Bring on youth I am all for that but this should be done with good experienced riders as well. To think Scotty and Rico are has beens is foolish. Rico is in great form this year after a couple of years with niggling injuries and Scotty seems to be turning a corner. I can see us in great danger of hardly getting a race winner.

To drop both Scotty and Rico was poor judgement...................England still pick the 'has been' Beckham don't they?

:unsure:

I agree we should give youth there chance,as we did last year with Tai,but also think it should be a gradual introduction not this gung-ho attitude this year,either rico or scott should have been in the team as back up to Bomber,I fear the likes of lewis and danny could get quite demoralised,only my opinion tho.Picking peterborough against the aussies and poles is hardly the brightest idea. :wink: