British Speedway Forum
tomazpozrl

Swc Event 2, Peterborough 13.7.

Good meeting the brits did okay but were never going to compete with Poland and Australia. Good experience for the riders very impressed with King little was expected off him but he deserves to ride on Thurday.

Edited by Big Diamond

What 9 from six rides wow .....Rico would have scored 13 or 14 ....King only can do one thing thats go round the outside full throttle a one trick pony with little talent

Great meeting but hard to bear getting crushed by 20+ points at home but being the only team not putting our best side out it was to be expected complete madness from lyon .

I think you will find that there were hardly any teams that had there best riders out whether it was by injury or team selection, so it was not just Team GB

If everyone scored what Danny King did this would be regarded as a fantastic performance

No he was celebrating Matej Zagar's exclusion from heat 13, which robbed the paying public from seeing a potentially better race. This shows a complete lack of maturity from someone of even his age. as i said before far too cocky without the talent to back it up. :angry:

but no doubt viewpoints such as your own ... or maybe even his team manager's will be relayed back to him and maybe as was the keyword of the night.... he may draw some 'experience' from it ......... it is easy to forget how young these guys are

but no doubt viewpoints such as your own ... or maybe even his team manager's will be relayed back to him and maybe as was the keyword of the night.... he may draw some 'experience' from it ......... it is easy to forget how young these guys are

As i said, "it was a lack of maturity even for someone of his age" So no it's not easy to forget how young these lads are. But i don't remember Peter Collins, Chris Pusey, Hans Nielsen, Erik Gundersen or even Kenny Carter acting like a 10 year old brat and showboating and believe me they all had talent and some at his age. Peter Collins was scoring 12 point maximums in foreign countrys in world team cup finals at 18!

So spare me the excuses.

for the people still going on about Scott Nicholls not being there last night, have a think about it ....

there is a supposed rift between Nicholls and Harris isn't there.

now, if Nicholls had been there in the pits don't you think that would have created friction?

some of the team would have sided with Harris, some with Nicholls, and in turn that creates a divide.

what Rob Lyon is trying to create first and foremost is a bit of harmony between the riders, a sense of working together and for eachother .. if you have riders ignoring eachother that's not going to happen.

at Kings Lynn Rob has created a massive TEAM mentality, and it shows with riders that are there, riders you think might not be good will tend to come up trumps because they enjoy being part of what they do at KL.

now, i know people will say Lyon has no experience dealing with EL riders, but he has plenty of experience dealing with speedway riders, and creating the right mindset for a rider is a massive part of the job, whatever team you're in charge of.

last night you had English riders going out in each race with enthusiasm and balls, something thats been missing for a few years now, but this might just be the start of something good.

R.E Gollob in heat 25 .. i was stood next to the pits and 3 riders were let out and then the pit gate was shut .. why??

Steve Brandon of Sky then shouted at the marshalls to open the gate and Gollob put his goggles on and went out .. too late though.

ok i accept he may not have been too bothered, but it looked like he was shut in.

Fantastic meeting, and a very gutsy display by the young Brits.....maybe the selction of Richardson and Nicholls would have gleaned a few more points than (probably) Bridger and King but there is no way on earth we would have won the meeting so selecting those two would have served no purpose whatsoever. As it stands our 'strongest' side (which would include Nicholls according to some but I wouldn't have picked him anyway) is nowhere near good enough at the moment so this is the way forward.

Australia & Poland were full of experience and Grand Prix appearances last night so its no surprise that they both finished way ahead of us....if these five lads are kept together for the next few years there is no reason why we can't be World Champions in that time. In addition the next batch ie Haines, Mear, Auty, Roynon should be taken along to Lezno on Thursday for a taster so that they know what to expect when their turn in the squad comes.

Of course the problem of youth development lies deeper but last night was a start.....and its refreshing to read that the vast majority (Rosco worshippers excepted) are behind Rob Lyon and his vision. He will succeed, of that I have no doubt.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Now is the time for a vision for the future. From some of the comments I've read on here, there are those who cannot see beyond their own noses. Stick with the TEAM of the future and look to generating even more young British talent. Rob may have the National Team Manager's job, but it is the responsibility of all British Promoters/Managers to develop young British talent. We had the Middlo years when the National Team Manager complained that there were too few British riders to pick from, but nonetheless managed a British Elite League team consisting of not one British rider. Wake up you British Promoters and Managers, if you are not prepared to commit to a solution, you yourselves are in fact the problem.

my pictures from the SWC Event 2 PRACTISE HERE

Peter Collins was scoring 12 point maximums in foreign countrys in world team cup finals at 18!

The 50/50 raffle was not drawn on the night:

The winner is pink ticket 476-480

If you are the winner please email info@peterboroughspeedway.net for further details.

My mistake, Peter Collins was actually 19 years old (born 24 march 1964). So i will split the difference with you :wink:

My mistake, Peter Collins was actually 19 years old (born 24 march 1964). So i will split the difference with you :wink:

Ah, but the one he scored at 19 was at Wembley, so not in a foreign country. Unless you're Scottish of course. :)

Sorry to digress from the main content of Event 2 but is there any news on Nikki Pedersen's injuries?

Apologies if I have missed the thread.

Brian

Doctors have decided that Nicki have to undergo surgery to transplant fresh skin from

the uninjured thigh to his injured leg. Doctors recommend Nicki not to ride because of the risk for infections but

Team Denmark's team manager says that Nicki still might ride if Denmark manages to go through to the final.

The surgery will be at the end of this months and Nicki wont ride in the Latvian GP. Nicki will need some 3 weeks of rest after

the surgery before he can ride again.

http://www.dn.se/sport/pedersen-maste-oper...skador-1.911164

http://speedwaygp.com/en/newsdetail/a474?S...6f6c3acc14652c1

Edited by Ghostwalker

Sorry to digress from the main content of Event 2 but is there any news on Nikki Pedersen's injuries?

Apologies if I have missed the thread.

Brian

Nicki has posted a series of photos on his facebook. NicWolves has a link to one of his photo's which is in post #445 on this thread. :approve:

They are major injuries with a horrendous groove across his left calf and 2 very deep abrasive patches down through the skin layer. Not nice. :mad:

:blink::blink: