British Speedway Forum

And Shields replaces Sullivan

DENMARK (red): Patrick Hougaard, Nicolai Klindt, Niels-Kristian Iversen, Hans Andersen, Kenneth Bjerre.

AUSTRALIA (blue): Davey Watt, Adam Shields, Leigh Adams, Chris Holder, Jason Crump.

GREAT BRITAIN (white): Chris Harris, Lee Richardson, Lewis Bridger, Daniel King, Tai Woffinden.

SWEDEN (yellow): Antonio Lindback, David Ruud, Fredrik Lindgren, Jonas Davidsson, Andreas Jonsson.

Lyon got it wrong here. I think if we really wanted a chance of qualifying for the final then Scotty should have been included and probably Lewis/Tai the casualty...poss Lewis as Tai does ride well in Poland better than the UK. To be honest no-one can deny Danny his hurrah based on his Peterborough heroics but I think he will struggle tonight. I hope that I am proven wrong as I am passionate as anyone about GB doing well. At the end of the day the saying 'horses for courses' came about long before speedway bikes were invented.

If you look at Speedway Star for Polish/Swedish results Scotty is clearly getting back towards his best. People have short memories of those confidence winning GP rides in the last two meetings and his league form is definately on the up. He is still not a finished rider and whatever anyone says I would almost like to take a wager that he is British Champion again next year. The bloke has taken a kicking for a tactical decision to give it his best shot in the GP's this year, got off to a dreadful confidence sapping start, ate humble pie and came back again more so than what Lyon has done by ignoring all of the aforementioned pointers of his form returning.

:mad:

Edited by speedwaysquashman

Lyon got it wrong here. I think if we really wanted a chance of qualifying for the final then Scotty should have been included and probably Lewis/Tai the casualty...poss Lewis as Tai does ride well in Poland better than the UK.

If you look at Speedway Star for Polish/Swedish results Scotty is clearly getting back towards his best. People have short memories of those confidence winning GP rides in the last two meetings and his league form is definately on the up. He is still not a finished rider and whatever anyone says I would almost like to take a wager that he is British Champion again next year. The bloke has taken a kicking for a tactical decision to give it his best shot in the GP's this year, got off to a dreadful confidence sapping start, ate humble pie and came back again more so than what Lyon has done by ignoring all of the aforementioned pointers of his form returning.

:mad:

Couldn't agree more, bad decision to exclude him IMO :angry:

And Shields replaces Sullivan

DENMARK (red): Patrick Hougaard, Nicolai Klindt, Niels-Kristian Iversen, Hans Andersen, Kenneth Bjerre.

AUSTRALIA (blue): Davey Watt, Adam Shields, Leigh Adams, Chris Holder, Jason Crump.

GREAT BRITAIN (white): Chris Harris, Lee Richardson, Lewis Bridger, Daniel King, Tai Woffinden.

SWEDEN (yellow): Antonio Lindback, David Ruud, Fredrik Lindgren, Jonas Davidsson, Andreas Jonsson.

If this is the confirmed team order I don't fancy Woffy's chances in Heat 5.

Finishing order =

AUS

SWE

DEN

GBR

I dont fancy team gb's chances full stop. Im just hoping Hans is feeling 100% fit.

As for the inclusion of Scott. I dont see what team gb fans are expecting him to bring to the table. He is seriously lacking in the GPs his league form on the continent hasnt been world class and his morale is rock bottom. That is the last person you want in your pits.

Looking at the race card, I think it will be really close for the 2nd spot. If we can pull off a “backs to the wall” performance then we could sneak it. Heats 13 and 20 are the decisive heat for us and we need to ensure the Joker is not squandered.

Whatever happens it will be the meeting of the year, real edge of your seat job. Can’t wait.

Thanks to the Danish Webmaster for his tremendous work.

For those of you who prefer the traditional Race-by-Race layout I have added a Race Off pdf (Based on the KanDysoft SWC Spreadsheet) to the KanDysoft site.

http://www.kandysoft.com/Downloads/SWC_PO_%20Print.pdf

ATB

Dave

Fantastic, i've just printed that off at work, i just hope that Justin.tv is showing a live stream of it this evening when i get home!

Don't think Rob Lyon's had any choice in the matter as Scotty didn't even go to Poland and didn't want to ride!

Looking at the race card, I think it will be really close for the 2nd spot. If we can pull off a “backs to the wall” performance then we could sneak it. Heats 13 and 20 are the decisive heat for us and we need to ensure the Joker is not squandered.

Whatever happens it will be the meeting of the year, real edge of your seat job. Can’t wait.

I am inclined to agree in a perverse sort of way. However, Although I am not a great fan of Scotty, I just think we might have had an outside chance of runners up after looking at the race card. In fact I think we still would have an outside chance if we left out Rico for Scotty!

I cant wait for it, I have been worked up for it since Monday and it should be a fantastic Meeting....

2nd spot up for grabs my a**e.

Aus and Sweden will qualify comfortably with GB battling it out with Denmark for the evening's wooden spoon.

No question.

Absolutely.

Please be advised, sir, that I have no interest whatsoever in grabbing that part of your anatomy! :shock:

No question - absolutely none! :rolleyes:

On her twitter, Charlie Webster also reckons its Troy in for Sullivan

Maybe this isn't really her then or maybe not worth bothering with in future? :blink::rolleyes:

Don't think Rob Lyon's had any choice in the matter as Scotty didn't even go to Poland and didn't want to ride!

Where did you hear that?

If true poor call from Scotty

If not true then poor call from Lyon

Why do you have go on about having to win it all the time ? no shame in trying to come second or third and no reason why we should not try to do it .

Do your best at all times .

try someone else Orion :wink:

are you ready for the responsibility of making that statement and the fall out that is about to happen because of it?

I can see what Team Great Britain have done here and I assume are trying to give the more inexperienced guys some feedback of setup before their first races ........ but as someone else has pointed out Tai could suffer in his first heat as a result....................... they all have to meet each other at some point though :)

Untill anything official comes from either Team GB or Scott Nicholls then anything that is said i take as pure speculation/rumour.

If Scott was in the team for tonight and we failed to qualify, Imagine who`s direction the blame would have gone. He is best well out of the way in my opinion so he cant have yet more rubbish said about him.

scotty in would break the team spirit and if he had a bad one it would undermine everything lyons is trying to do and if he had a good one......it would undermine everything lyons is trying to do!!!! :oops: