British Speedway Forum

scotty in would break the team spirit and if he had a bad one it would undermine everything lyons is trying to do and if he had a good one......it would undermine everything lyons is trying to do!!!! :oops:

why ? so had a bad start to year but he is still the best we've got and will be for a few years to come !

I thought the GB team was going to picked after the practice. If that is/was the case did Scotty turn up and who else from team GB was at the track. Anyone have any idea or was it behind closed doors?

For what it's worth i think Rob has got it right here.

I know Eddie will be disappointed, but i'm guessing that all that we're at Leszno practiced & the decision was based on what was seen & not Monday's scoring.

We need to step back a bit & remember that this building for the future that we're seeing here & the result is of less significance.

Good Luck Lee, Chris, Lewis, Tai & Danny

Will be very interesting to see how the Danish youngsters compare to the Gb ones.I rather suspect that those opening heats are going to see Denmark right up there and GB way behind.If Nicolai and Patrick can get 2 points each it might inspire Denmark to do a Russia and win the meeting against the odds

scotty in would break the team spirit and if he had a bad one it would undermine everything lyons is trying to do and if he had a good one......it would undermine everything lyons is trying to do!!!! :oops:

Correct . We all remember the obvious tension between Bomber and Scott last year . Scott might still be our best rider , but there is more chance of getting more out of the team without him . Good luck to the lads tonight .

I think that we have to be realistic, even if Scott was in the team I doubt he would score that many more points than Lewis or Woffy to prevent us ending up in 4th place. I hope that some miracle will prove me wrong, but we really haven't got the riders good enough to challenge this year. I just hope that the team put in a creditable performance, and I sincerely hope that Sky don't spend their time trying to big GB up and make out that we have a chance of reaching the final. Good luck to the guys riding tonight. Think Crump and co will win, and very tight for the other place between the Danes and Swedes.

Good luck to all the young Brits tonight.

Whatever the result it will be great experience for them and a good call from Rob in picking them.

Correct . We all remember the obvious tension between Bomber and Scott last year . Scott might still be our best rider , but there is more chance of getting more out of the team without him . Good luck to the lads tonight .

I agree i think Nicholls would probably score more than say Bridger,but how many points would the others drop just with the tension created.

Will be very interesting to see how the Danish youngsters compare to the Gb ones.I rather suspect that those opening heats are going to see Denmark right up there and GB way behind.If Nicolai and Patrick can get 2 points each it might inspire Denmark to do a Russia and win the meeting against the odds
Vey optimistic iris123 but you never know..hope your right tough :D;)

Vey optimistic iris123 but you never know..hope your right tough :D;)

Well Nic and Patrick got the 4 points.Just a pity about Niels letting that point slip and Kenneth had a good battle with jonsson but just lost out.....

Well Nic and Patrick got the 4 points.Just a pity about Niels letting that point slip and Kenneth had a good battle with jonsson but just lost out.....

I almost broke my armchair in that heat were puk went from 1st to 3rd.. :oops::P:shock: the aussies are away we now, have to battle it out with sweden for 2nd place...

I almost broke my armchair in that heat were puk went from 1st to 3rd.. :oops::P:shock: the aussies are away we now, have to battle it out with sweden for 2nd place...

:lol:

Let's hope he doesn't do that again or you will have no furniture left :wink:

:lol:

Let's hope he doesn't do that again or you will have no furniture left :wink:

Starting to get worried ,we need to win a few heats now.. :blink:

Untill anything official comes from either Team GB or Scott Nicholls then anything that is said i take as pure speculation/rumour.

If Scott was in the team for tonight and we failed to qualify, Imagine who`s direction the blame would have gone. He is best well out of the way in my opinion so he cant have yet more rubbish said about him.

Well said.............perhaps with hindsight a break from this competition may do Scotty good.

I hope he sits back reflects on just how good he is, definately top 5 if not top Brit for years to come, re groups and does his talking on the track .As I sit here watching the play offs I do not think Lyon has done anything to help Scotty's cause and he is entitled to his game plan. If he has upset Scotty in anyway that is his perogative as a manager. Lets just hope we can all put this Scotty thing to bed and I sincerely hope that as an Aces supporter with no allegiance to Scotty at all other than recognising that a good rider does not generally become bad overnight does his best interviews over all of this on the track.

Danish Webmaster - would that be your spreadsheet that Jan uses by any chance?!!!!

Unfortunately it didn’t work out for Jan S in the end though!!