British Speedway Forum

disscusted to see tia in the aussie pits wearing all aussie gear. Thought he was british ha ha hope to never see him in a british side again wont get my support if he is. No patriotism.

To$$er, :angry: his name is TAI, not TIA, and i think you will find you meant to spell the word disgusted not disscusted, that sounds like a pudding,

your not a pudding by any chance are you :blink:

Any truth to the rumours that Woffinden was spotted in a Poland shirt after the final heat? :D

Honestly thought Crumpy knew what he was doing against KK as it looked like he deliberatly sat behind him for the first two laps, even when he made a mistake. There are so many team talks going on, the situation should have been known that finishing behind KK would have meant Australia were 4 ahead with Protasiewicz out in heat 23.

Maybe Pepe might have beaten Watt, but giving Poland two extra points in the next by allowing Hampel to come in, really cost them as a team.

Having said that, surely Poland should have ensured that KK let Crump pass him if he was in front of him.

Works both ways really, but Poland benefitted from it big time

Well done the Poles , It made my day watching the Aussies lose after they tried so hard to stop the meeting being finished .

Does anyone know if the final will be repeated on sky or have a copy i could buy? would be appreciated.

Does anyone know if the final will be repeated on sky or have a copy i could buy? would be appreciated.

I have a videotape of the final (from Sky) that you are welcome to have................except that you would have to wait a few days as it is being passed around the family!

If you don't get fixed up elsewhere then email me at lastword4038@hotmail.com with your details and I'll post it on eventually..........no charge.

I have a videotape of the final (from Sky) that you are welcome to have................except that you would have to wait a few days as it is being passed around the family!

If you don't get fixed up elsewhere then email me at lastword4038@hotmail.com with your details and I'll post it on eventually..........no charge.

Ok mate thats great, will be in touch.

Wow! That's gotta be some week of Speedway!!

Luckily the Home Team got up otherwise a certain select few Antipodean fans wouldn't have got out alive!

Gutted for Boycey and the boys and as usual I cannot comprehend some of the drivel posted on here by so-called fans, so-and-so cost Oz the meeting FFS!! - this meeting was hard-fought by all concerned, and must rate as one of the closest on record - six heats to go and any team could have won - Poland to their credit came home the strongest. The extended delay gave some of us more opportunity to consume the Sponsor's product, and we did our very best.

Superb track and some excellent racing made for a True World Cup - a great advert for the sport. I'll be back - although when I've got no idea.

Both Oz & GB have some great riders coming through so the future looks good.

If it wasn't for KK's bike I think Gollob would have been strung up :blink:

Lemon Squeezy for Poland. A full strength Denmark might have given them something to think about, but I can't see Australia, Sweden or Russia posing too many problems. It'll be tight for the minor honours though.

Like I said, "Lemon Squeezy" for the hosts! :blink:

Crump showed all the tactical acumen of a King's Lynn manager at the death, gift wrapping the title for the Poles and even adding a pretty little ribbon on the top. Madness, and not in a "jolly 80s leap about with your trousers rolled up" kind of way either. :rolleyes:

Never thought I would be saying this but....

BFD that is the most sensible post by far on this thread :approve:

Hard lines on the Aussies but very well done Polska.

Gooooo Tomek :approve:

Crump showed all the tactical acumen of a King's Lynn manager at the death, gift wrapping the title for the Poles

I would have thought the "tactical acumen" should have come from Boycie. After all what's the team manager for.

Edited by Midnight_Lady

I would have thought the "tactical acumen" should have come from Boycie. After all what's the team manager for.

Like i said in a previous post, he managed to steer Australia U21's into 4th placein the final last year.And that with Holder and Batchelor in the team.Takes some doing :lol:

Edited by iris123

Amazing how year after year the World Cup throws up some great finishes. People might slag the joker rules, but they certainly do play a part in keeping things close. The Russians looked dead and buried today but the 6 point joker ride gave them a boost and they were able to carry on and be right in the mix for the rest of the meeting. Another super performance by them.

You might argue that the Aussies should have been a bit cuter and not gone 6 up over Poland near the end, but it wasn't out of the realms of possibility for the Poles to have engineered it anyway.

Didnt see the meeting but it seems to me they benefited more from having Hampel in the joker race,rather than the extra 2 points,then the aussies blew it by having a last in the penultimate race.I appreciate the joker doesnt appeal to the purists but it does generate excitement.I always thought you could only play the joker on a programmed rider.