British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ross

Sky Sports

As i didnt have time to watch the final live i recorded it on my sky+ box, sat down last night to watch it. It was all going great untill the delay because of the rain, my sky player stopped with 5 heats to go with the nice message "end of program".......Great stuff sky, thanks a bunch.

Damn Sky and the rain delay!

I had the same... :sad: Lucky I got home and decided to catch up on the meeting otherwise I would have been well peed off. Decided to watch the highlights package from 8pm last night till 11pm so I recorded the last five heats on Sky+ only to get up this morning to find that the recording had used up 550 minutes of hard disk space!! Whats that about!

Sky always repeat their speedway mtgs, late the same evening, the next morning or again even the following day. Have you tried looking again.

I wont pay for Sky, I watch the mtgs on t'internet, - myP2P.eu or Polish TV "Soccer Live" (which has all their own league matches also. - and sometimes offers a week's delay (like i-player.)

As i didnt have time to watch the final live i recorded it on my sky+ box, sat down last night to watch it. It was all going great untill the delay because of the rain, my sky player stopped with 5 heats to go with the nice message "end of program".......Great stuff sky, thanks a bunch.

Heats 22 to 25 are on youtube. The links are on the 'SWC final' thread page 23.

Luckily for me I was at home watching the meeting and notcied that Sky+ had stopped recording. I think Sky then replaced the scheduled event with a new programme covering the final few heats. Can't have been easy for them having the meeting postponed once and then seriously over running. Just seems a bit strange that it ended up being split over 2 events in their schedule.

Thank the internet for youtube is all i can say!! I didnt watch it untill 10pm then once i got to where it cut off and i finished swearing at the telly i went to bed.

I am not saying it is 100% sky`s fault but i`m sure with the technology they have in hand they can fix this problem. What if i had been on holiday and not been able to see a later viewing. Then again i would have just got a rained off meeting. :unsure: I'll get my coat. :rolleyes:

Nevermind , at least you can come on here and catch up with the latest " Lyon is a tosser " ," Charlie is an unprofessional slapper " or " Send Woffinden back to the colonies " threads by the various speedway experts .............................................to put you to sleep :wink:

Nevermind , at least you can come on here and catch up with the latest " Lyon is a tosser " ," Charlie is an unprofessional slapper " or " Send Woffinden back to the colonies " threads by the various speedway experts .............................................to put you to sleep :wink:
You know the world is turning upside down,when a Rangers fan is one of the sensible ones :lol:

You know the world is turning upside down,when a Rangers fan is one of the sensible ones :lol:

Shows the depths the once mighty BSF has plunged to . :lol:

I learnt my lesson quick when it came to recording live events. Happened to me with Darts in the past and speedway had stung me before. I now record the programme afterwards if it's not too long. Mind you, with the 100% you have on Sky+, you may not have enough memory to do that!! :unsure:

I think you should get a warning paulco :angry: You missed Scott Nicholls, Pearson & Tatum just shout, out of it ;)

You are right though, the once mighty BSF is no more. Be even worse now the schools are on the summer holidays.

Edited by Ross

I lost the first 3 hours! Was watching it and checking that it was recording; all looked ok, despite the overrun. Had to go out so doubled-up recording the last hour on manual record on a different channel. Got back and the original recording was just 45 minutes (the last 45). This has happened before when the schedule is not updated and an overrunning programming overlaps wit the next.

yeah mine missed the last 5 heats too, i have noyiced this never happens when a footie match over runs though.