British Speedway Forum

You cant compare coventry stadium with the millenium stadium,when your setting prices the venue has to be considered.The class of rider in the gp challenge isnt better than the elrc so it should be the same price,in fact the standard in the challenge is worse,so if anything it should be cheaper than the elrc.

Edited by foreverblue

You cant compare coventry stadium with the millenium stadium,when your setting prices the venue has to be considered.The class of rider in the gp challenge isnt better than the elrc so it should be the same price,in fact the standard in the challenge is worse,so if anything it should be cheaper than the elrc.

It is the qualifier for the GP's.So that makes it second in importance to the GP's.The standard of rider that has managed to get through isn't known until they have qualified.And as they have beaten riders of a "better" standard in the process surely the qualification process should be of some consideration.The qualification process for the ELRC is totally different from that of the GP Challenge and is of little importance in the speedway world.hence the amount of riders that normally don't bother with it(or am i mistaking it for another meeting?).The GP Challenge is of high importance to most of the riders in the world(Scott Nicholls excluded)and should be priced accordingly.You listed a number of meetings and in doing so made a perfect case against your argument :blink::approve:

And as they have beaten riders of a "better" standard in the process surely the qualification process should be of some consideration.

Kauko Nieminen beat Antonio Lindback in Motala. He won him fair and square ON LINDBACK'S HOME TRACK! According to eywitnesses Lindback was shaking his head after the heat like I would shake a bottle of bubbly after winning Speedway Star's reporter of the year award. :lol:

THE FACT IS THAT THE ONLY REASON!!! that Tononho was the WC for Målilla is that Nordicbet is his mainsponsor through Rickardsson racing. :neutral:

..And he's a good rider, but so are dozen's of others.

It is the qualifier for the GP's.So that makes it second in importance to the GP's.The standard of rider that has managed to get through isn't known until they have qualified.And as they have beaten riders of a "better" standard in the process surely the qualification process should be of some consideration.The qualification process for the ELRC is totally different from that of the GP Challenge and is of little importance in the speedway world.hence the amount of riders that normally don't bother with it(or am i mistaking it for another meeting?).The GP Challenge is of high importance to most of the riders in the world(Scott Nicholls excluded)and should be priced accordingly.You listed a number of meetings and in doing so made a perfect case against your argument :blink::approve:

If the promotion want more people there they need to price it accordingly,perhaps they should price it when the line up is known,as far as im concerned i wont be going because its not value for money,the elrc is a much better line up for less money and the world cup was even less for 25 heats of great racing.

If the promotion want more people there they need to price it accordingly,perhaps they should price it when the line up is known,as far as im concerned i wont be going because its not value for money,the elrc is a much better line up for less money and the world cup was even less for 25 heats of great racing.

If they charged £15 for adults they would get a good crowd charge £25 i doubt they will get 1000 there . As i have said before nothing has been learned from last years challenge in poland .

i think there would be more than one brit in the line up to excite cardiff.
Unless Harris can either come with an unbelievable late run or get through the GP Challenge, then I dont see why there should be more than one Brit in the 2010 line up.

Should Richardson be nominated ahead of others like Harris who can battle and is looking a bit sharper at the moment, Tai Woffinden who is riding as well as any Brit at the moment and could end up with an EL title in his debut year after already winning the British U18 and 21 titles. Or Edward Kennett who has had a decent season, but not good enough for the GP's.

So should Richardson get a nomination when he pulled out of the qualifiers ?

For me if they have to include a Brit, it has to be Harris or Woffinden

Nice to see that to offset the £25.00 admission they have kept the programme cost down. A fiver, although it is a special souvenir edition...... :rolleyes:

Unless Harris can either come with an unbelievable late run or get through the GP Challenge, then I dont see why there should be more than one Brit in the 2010 line up.

Should Richardson be nominated ahead of others like Harris who can battle and is looking a bit sharper at the moment, Tai Woffinden who is riding as well as any Brit at the moment and could end up with an EL title in his debut year after already winning the British U18 and 21 titles. Or Edward Kennett who has had a decent season, but not good enough for the GP's.

So should Richardson get a nomination when he pulled out of the qualifiers ?

For me if they have to include a Brit, it has to be Harris or Woffinden

To be fair to Richardson, he only pulled out of the qualifier at Gorican as he was hospitalised due to a problem with his kidneys

Edited by jeffster

last year at zielona gora there was a couple of thousand at the most due to the cost no doubt. last week at a league match 15000!!!

last year at zielona gora there was a couple of thousand at the most due to the cost no doubt. last week at a league match 15000!!!

Trouble is Polish fans are well known for not going to meetings other than League meetings(excluding GP's.Although you could say that even GP's don't attract that many,when you take into account the amount of foreign fans at a Polish GP).I don't think there are very many meetings over the years where a crowd as big as a League meeting has turned up.So i wouldn't use those figures as evidence.Zielone Gora will get 15,000 for a league meeting,but if you held a challenge meeting against the same team you would get only a couple a 1000 regardless of the price.The same goes for practically every Polish team

As eveidence look at the recent and previous Ed Jancarz Memorial meetings.Always a fantastic line-up with very cheap tickets,but still the stadium is half empty

Edited by iris123

Officially the coldest meeting I have ever been too.

I think that and the high price kept them away

.......and should be priced accordingly....
just don't expect a crowd then, with that pricing im surprised coventry took the meeting on. Add on the FIM freeloaders and someone has a hefty bill coming their way.

just don't expect a crowd then, with that pricing im surprised coventry took the meeting on. Add on the FIM freeloaders and someone has a hefty bill coming their way.

Can't say fairer than that.But.......do other sports drop the price if the best competitors or teams fail to make it through?If United,Chelsea,Arsenal don't get through to the FA Cup are the prices cheaper?If Brazil and Germany don't make it into the World Cup Final are the prices cheaper?If the Williams sisters etc get knocked out are the prices for the Wimbledon tennis cheaper?etc,etc......i don't know :unsure:

Can't say fairer than that.But.......do other sports drop the price if the best competitors or teams fail to make it through?If United,Chelsea,Arsenal don't get through to the FA Cup are the prices cheaper?If Brazil and Germany don't make it into the World Cup Final are the prices cheaper?If the Williams sisters etc get knocked out are the prices for the Wimbledon tennis cheaper?etc,etc......i don't know :unsure:
How you can compare monty python's flying circus aka the "Keep the FIM/IMG in 5 Star Hotels around Europe" GP series on a par to the other sporting events is shocking ;)