British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

Dream Come True For Some. Ole Is Going....

Published rates are as follows, from which travel and hotel expenses must be paid:

1st US$ 11,000

2nd US$ 8,200

3rd US$ 6,900

4th US$ 6,000.

5th US$ 5,250

6th US$ 5,100

7th US$ 4,650

8th US$ 4,500

9th US$ 3,850

10th US$ 3,700

11th US$ 3,650

12th US$ 3,600

13th US$ 3,550

14th US$ 3,500

15th US$ 3,450

16th US$ 3,400

17th US$ 2,100

18th US$ 2,100

To put in perspective, the leading rider Jason Crump has earned a total of US$ 62,300 this season (an average of US$ 8,900 per GP), whilst Scott Nicholls (the lowest placed regular rider) has earned just US$ 24,250 (an average of US$ 3,464 per GP).

There is/was the Super Prix cash as well, but that's apparently been scaled back this season.

There were 3 super prix`s this season-double prize money to the winner so Emil Sayfutdinov in Gothenburg and Jason Crump in Copenhagen and Cardiff were the winners.

Published rates are as follows, from which travel and hotel expenses must be paid:

1st US$ 11,000

2nd US$ 8,200

3rd US$ 6,900

4th US$ 6,000.

5th US$ 5,250

6th US$ 5,100

7th US$ 4,650

8th US$ 4,500

9th US$ 3,850

10th US$ 3,700

11th US$ 3,650

12th US$ 3,600

13th US$ 3,550

14th US$ 3,500

15th US$ 3,450

16th US$ 3,400

17th US$ 2,100

18th US$ 2,100

To put in perspective, the leading rider Jason Crump has earned a total of US$ 62,300 this season (an average of US$ 8,900 per GP), whilst Scott Nicholls (the lowest placed regular rider) has earned just US$ 24,250 (an average of US$ 3,464 per GP).

There is/was the Super Prix cash as well, but that's apparently been scaled back this season.

Cheers Humph.

Prize money doesn't seem overly dangerous does it. Although that said I wonder what the average cost for a rider to compete per meeting is?

Also the GP's themselves can't be that cheap to run, and the revenues obtained with the exception of Uk may be poor.

Any figures out there re the above?

Scott must be laughing all the way to the bank with his £2,000! :o

Although that said I wonder what the average cost for a rider to compete per meeting is?

I suppose it depends on the size of the entourage, and whether you factor in wages and equipment costs. However, just to get a rider and mechanic there, and stay in a hotel for three nights, I wouldn't think you'd get much change out of a grand.

Also the GP's themselves can't be that cheap to run, and the revenues obtained with the exception of Uk may be poor. Any figures out there re the above?

AFAIK, the GPs except those in Cardiff, Copenhagen and Gothenburg are run by local promoters who assume responsibility for the staging costs. Presumably these are very dependent on what arrangements they have with the stadiums (in some cases, the staging clubs may even own the stadium), what sort of crowd they attract (which determines stewarding, policing and catering requirements), how much they have to pay staff or not (wages are presumably much higher in Denmark than Latvia), the licence fee to be paid to BSI, and then how expensive it is to transport the FIM officials etc..

The likes of Prague, Latvia and Slovenia don't get great crowds (and they're suspiciously round figures), but they've been on the circuit for a while so presumably their overheads are not huge and covered by the gate money or other fund raising. With respect to the other tracks, there were rumours going around that the staging fee had to be reduced to attract venues, from which you might draw conclusions if those rumours were correct.

I've heard Len Silver is taking his place.

if he done `em we would have all the tracks with no shale on`em???

if he done `em we would have all the tracks with no shale on`em???

change the record

Interesting that IMG has lost the rights to the IPL from next season.

Guess by the lack of respone,it isn't that interesting.I haven't a clue what the "IPL" is and if IMG lost the rights to it or didn't particularly want the rights to it........or what significance it has to the SGP :unsure:

I have heard rumours of interest in staging a GP in Las Vegas. Preliminary of course, but man what a concept.

Guess by the lack of respone,it isn't that interesting.I haven't a clue what the "IPL" is and if IMG lost the rights to it or didn't particularly want the rights to it........or what significance it has to the SGP :unsure:

The IPL is the Indian Premier League for Cricket.

IMG definitely wanted to continue with the rights and are, I blieve, considering legal action over what they believe to be an illegal termination of their contract.

The contract has been handed to Sony instead.

IMG made a lot of money out of the IPL, so I'm not sure if it's this loss of revenue that Humphrey is suggesting has significance to the SGP.

Here Rune Holta's thoughts (in Polish, unfortunately :wink: ):

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2009/08/...zestaje-juz-na/

All the best

Rob

You don't want to believe all that a rider says.....didn't Bjarne say something similar when it looked like he wasn't going to get in again.But low and behold Bjarne was in the qualis again this year,trying to get back in. :wink:

The IPL is the Indian Premier League for Cricket.

IMG definitely wanted to continue with the rights and are, I blieve, considering legal action over what they believe to be an illegal termination of their contract.

The contract has been handed to Sony instead.

IMG made a lot of money out of the IPL, so I'm not sure if it's this loss of revenue that Humphrey is suggesting has significance to the SGP.

Thanks henry.Have no idea about cricket and am quite happy with that :lol:

I have heard rumours of interest in staging a GP in Las Vegas. Preliminary of course, but man what a concept.

That rumour has been doing the rounds for a while.

Olsen will no longer be Race Diretor in 2010....but wants to enlarge the series to 15 meetings

This was denied by Olsen in the Speedway Star last week.

Says he doesn't know where the rumour came from!

Olsen also says that there may be new GP venues in 2010, but expansion "to the other side of the world" is unlikely before 2011

Edited by Pollyanna